Sprint TV losing ESPN

jamesinclair

Sorry if this gets off topic, I just like to write!

I hadn't looked at the Sprint TV app in quite some time, as I have cable and WatchESPN app, HBOGO, netflix app and the xfinity go viewer. But am up watching the Australian Open and fiddling around with my phone while texting my tennis partner during matches as usual.  I like the look of Sprint TV compared to earlier version(s).  Sports wise, they seem to have added Atlantic Coast Conference Digital Network, which is a major college presence. And CBS Sports is there, ESPN is still showing an on demand and spanish presence, but the big one is the NBC Sports Live feed.  If it's anything like what they're doing on their website of the same name, it's got lots of English Premier Soccer, Formula 1 and probably a lot of forthcoming Olympics coverage.  Now I've noodled with the ACC and CBS apps just now and it seems like on-demand interviews, news and features, then again it is 5am as I type this in eastern TZ.  So I'd like to check later today if any ACC basketball games are streamed live as well as the college game on CBS at 1pm ET.  The way video drains my battery, I'm usually able to see about an hour of any game; usually comes in handy as I take public transit to and from work.  I'm an NBA addict and have League Pass from comcast linked to the NBA GameTime app (that and NASCAR are the two reasons I'm a Sprint customer) which can also be activated on tablet, smartphone, desktop/laptop, so I watch any regular season game on my phone when necessary, save for the ones on TNT or ABC which I watch at home anyway

Here in Pittsburgh, some of the areas outlying the city to the north and west, are just inside the circumference of Cleveland Cavaliers' exclusive digital feed blackout zone so even though I live in the East End of the city. the Cavs are blacked out on my phone but they do show up on my PC and the TV package.  I run whereismyIP several times and the culprit is that my mobile IP location is often north and west of Pittsburgh.  On my PC, my apartment is wired with FiOS internet and for some reason my PC's IP is often near Maryland or Philly, so Wizards and 76ers games, one or the other, are sometimes blacked out on the broadband platform.  But there is never a blackout on my TV package, which is the main enchilada anyway. Last night there were 13 games on the NBA schedule.  I had TV, phone and desktop PC set to different games.  And my XM radio on another one.  I'm a 76ers fan but we're so bad this year so I watch games involving my fantasy players most of the time, and the Grizzlies because I love the way they play.  I still have the Galaxy II epic 4G touch, could have upgraded a year ago, but am not doing it until 4GLTE is rolled out in Pittsburgh by Sprint.  Do any of you know if I should keep waiting for it to happen or just get an upgrade and throw in the towel on LTE coming here on sprint network?

Sorry for rambling.

I still have the Galaxy II epic 4G touch, could have upgraded a year ago, but am not doing it until 4GLTE is rolled out in Pittsburgh by Sprint.  Do any of you know if I should keep waiting for it to happen or just get an upgrade and throw in the towel on LTE coming here on sprint network?

First, LTE is being rolled out across the entire Sprint network.  This is not a selective deployment.  Pittsburgh is a late round market in Network Vision, so it got a later start than most.  But the metro already has several dozen live LTE sites, and the rest of the sites will be completed this year.

Second, if you would like to follow the progress in Pittsburgh, consider becoming an S4GRU sponsor.  We have maps that are updated on a daily basis.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Third, we have a Pittsburgh market thread that is accessible to all.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1140-network-visionlte-pittsburgh-market/

AJ

• Like 2