First Post

anotherBAM

Hello,

This is my first post! I've felt no rush to dive in to the conversations as I'm still wading through all the excellent information found here. Everyone that's contributed should be incredibly proud of the resources they've put together.

I just joined Sprint a few weeks ago. I was a Sprint customer from 2003 - 2008 but left to get the iPhone. I'm back now as my employer has Sprint repeaters in all of our locations and it was getting frustrating to have a phone reading No Service nearly 8 hours a day.

I'm excited to have a home to watch NV progress, and personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing more and more 800mhz coverage added. I've noticed the PCS coverage drops off a bit faster indoors than my previous carrier, which causes some LTE reliability issues for my wife and I in a few of the places we frequent.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. I may not be the most active member ever but I've recognized how great of a resource this community is and look forward to spending some time here.

Thanks!

• Like 5

Welcome! Just curious, what phones(s) are you currently using on Sprint?

Sent from my LG G2.

Thanks newboyx!

Still sticking with the iPhone. I contemplated a 5S, but decided the extra storage space brought more value to me for the $100 and not only that, it wasn't available for me to get on my plan.

I must say, I'm a little jealous of the tri-band devices and the utilities I see others around here using on their Android devices. If I knew then what I know now (it's pretty amazing how much information I've read here in 3 weeks), it would have been a much harder decision for me to pick a phone.

• Like 1

:welc:  Glad you like it here. It is a great resource for knowledge, and has taken up so much of my interest as well. Check out the markets that you frequent, and you will be able to collaborate with others in mapping, watching progress, sharing q & a, and getting to know the equipment from base station to handset. I can't say enough how cool it is here, and all that I learn from a group of knowledgeable people. I am not one who is to familiar with it, but if you check out our progress in the Myrtle Beach thread you will see I have no bones about tracking down sites for pictures, industry crews and workers for knowledge, trolling store associates, and much more. Have a question? feel free to ask in a relevant thread or start one that will attract an answer. I like that you can come here and have a free exchange of thoughts and ideas about the technology, and get so much out, as well as the seeing the rewards of the efforts put in as an enthusiast shared with others. Good times mate.

Nickel, good call on The Wall. I hadn't looked back on those posts prior to now. I have some reading to do!

Belusnecropolis, thanks for the welcome! I'm certainly no expert either but I love all the technical information found here. 

Shawn_kc, I'd ask the sprint employees I know why they aren't contributing here, but only one of them works on the network/technology side of the company so it probably wouldn't be a fair sample!

• Like 1

Nickel, good call on The Wall. I hadn't looked back on those posts prior to now. I have some reading to do!

Belusnecropolis, thanks for the welcome! I'm certainly no expert either but I love all the technical information found here. 

Shawn_kc, I'd ask the sprint employees I know why they aren't contributing here, but only one of them works on the network/technology side of the company so it probably wouldn't be a fair sample!

Oh nice, another KC person! Just realized that.

:welcome:

I'm from Lenexa, but have gone to Springfield, MO for a job.

I've started a project tracking and identifying Kansas market sites, so if you'd like to help with that, I'd really appreciate it! (link: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5139-kansas-market-nv-maps-and-spreadsheet-includes-kansas-city-wichita/)

Yeah, I run into the same thing.  Most of them don't work with the network stuff at all.  Because of this site, I know more than they do. 

• Like 1

Oh nice, another KC person! Just realized that.

:welcome:

I'm from Lenexa, but have gone to Springfield, MO for a job.

I've started a project tracking and identifying Kansas market sites, so if you'd like to help with that, I'd really appreciate it! (link: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5139-kansas-market-nv-maps-and-spreadsheet-includes-kansas-city-wichita/)

Hi Dkoellerwx!

I've been following your threads and really admire the work you've put into them. I'll have to admit though, I haven't yet read about the data you're looking for; ie. where to find it and what it means. I'm sure it exists somewhere in this forum, so forgive me for asking, is this something I can view from an iPhone?

Hi Dkoellerwx!

I've been following your threads and really admire the work you've put into them. I'll have to admit though, I haven't yet read about the data you're looking for; ie. where to find it and what it means. I'm sure it exists somewhere in this forum, so forgive me for asking, is this something I can view from an iPhone?

Yep, it's somewhere lol. Not the easiest to find unless you know to look in Digiblur's signature.

But this post will explain everything about GCI's and PCI's and all that stuff.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page-38?p=90231&do=findComment&comment=90231

All I ask is to see a -80dBm signal or better to confirm a site. Only need one screenshot per site, some people post three (one for each sector) but one works just fine! :tu:

Yep, it's somewhere lol. Not the easiest to find unless you know to look in Digiblur's signature.

But this post will explain everything about GCI's and PCI's and all that stuff.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page-38?p=90231&do=findComment&comment=90231

All I ask is to see a -80dBm signal or better to confirm a site. Only need one screenshot per site, some people post three (one for each sector) but one works just fine! :tu:

Thanks! Over the past couple of weeks I've used the PCI on all the towers around my house to figure out which one I connect to, I just hadn't put the pieces together. As of a result of that, it turns out there are 4 towers closer to me than the one I connect to, which really surprised me.

Newbie here as well but cant start a thread for some reason.

I just purchased an lte capable phone, going to activate it in a few mins.

Hopefully lte roll out gets to my neck of woods

We had to shut down posts in this thread because of spammers. Hopefully it is temporary.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I posted this in the Nebraska Premier thread last week, but just wanted to share in this thread the progress that T-Mobile has made in filling in the great coverage gap known as Nebraska. Between late last year and this year, they have added 28 new expansion sites filling in the coverage hole, plus 11 Sprint site conversions in eastern Nebraska and far western Iowa. Notably, in the last month n41 coverage was added on over a dozen expansion sites in western Nebraska that were added to the network last year. For comparison, here is the very first map that I created in October of 2022 after we noted expansion sites outside of Sprint conversion in Lincoln and Omaha. It doesn't show any western parts of the state, but just know there was nothing besides roaming coverage and a little B12 coverage leaking down from South Dakota to the west of Valentine, NE.
    • Sent a copy of my DB in an e-mail just now.  Couldn't leave the house today but can hopefully get a screenshot when I'm out on another cell site tomorrow.
    • 76MB Google Play System update after that, bringing the date up to 3/1 from prior 2/1 date. 
    • April security patch is already out - 738.30 MB download. 
    • What do you see with the latest alpha/ beta version?