Is HD Voice now on? Mine appears to be working

Does anyone know if the Sprint Phone Connect 2 supports HD voice?  If so, I would imagine there would only be a difference when talking to other Sprint subscribers with devices that support HD voice.

Does anyone know if the Sprint Phone Connect 2 supports HD voice?  If so, I would imagine there would only be a difference when talking to other Sprint subscribers with devices that support HD voice.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_HD_Voice_from_Sprint/3b348589-81a4-452d-8758-cd47d7ddb952

Those are the supported devices.

• Like 1

I love hd voice so much that I just bought a jabra extreme2 Bluetooth. I didn't know hd voice compatible headsets existed. Now I'm happy. Btw, I love amazon. Somehow, I ordered at 3am, and it was delivered by courier at 2pm. Insane.

• Like 1

The quality limitation of bluetooth headsets has historically been the call quality itself, so HD voice is just eliminating the bad portion now. I'm sure quality would improve 100% on pretty much any bluetooth headset connected to a handset utilizing HD voice.

So I just made a phone call from my phone (Sprint HTC One, latest firmware & radios) to a Sprint Galaxy Note 3 (I'm assuming latest firmware, I don't know for sure). Once the call was connected, within a few seconds I knew something was different. The voice quality sounded absolutely fantastic. It was kinda that same feeling when going from an SD to HD picture it's a huge difference I noticed almost instantly. I remember hearing about HD voice ages ago when the evo-LTE was announced but they never did anything with it. It sounded like I was sitting right next to the person. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this either in my market (Minneapolis) or anywhere else just because I haven't heard anything about it. Today is the very first time I have heard it work which is a great sign because my home tower has been having on going issues since early July and still does have issues. I was very impressed with the quality.

I experience the same thing in Minneapolis as well

The quality limitation of bluetooth headsets has historically been the call quality itself, so HD voice is just eliminating the bad portion now. I'm sure quality would improve 100% on pretty much any bluetooth headset connected to a handset utilizing HD voice.

True, and I've noticed better calls when they're HD on a regular headset. With this new headset, they're actually full HD. It's very nice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a definitive answer on whether HD voice works with Google voice? I saw some talk about it a few pages back but there wasn't a solid conclusion.

EDIT: According to this support page https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115119?hl=en it shouldn't affect quality but I'll have to do some testing and see if that is the case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When I tried Google voice integration, it sounded noticeably worse than before. I also had delayed calls and calls that never came through. I personally recommend to people not to mess with it, but that's just my personal experience with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I also use Google Voice integration and am very curious as to whether making or receiving calls through this service causes a loss of HD voice quality in a similar fashion to if calling a phone on a different network. It would seem as if this would be the case, since all the calls are routed through a separate service, but it could also be set up such that Google has purposely included the ability for wideband audio to pass through uninhibited. Unfortunately, I don't have the capacity to test because I don't know many other Sprint users. If anyone does get the chance to see if HD Voice works through a Google Voice call, I'd love to hear about it.

I also use Google Voice integration and am very curious as to whether making or receiving calls through this service causes a loss of HD voice quality in a similar fashion to if calling a phone on a different network. It would seem as if this would be the case, since all the calls are routed through a separate service, but it could also be set up such that Google has purposely included the ability for wideband audio to pass through uninhibited. Unfortunately, I don't have the capacity to test because I don't know many other Sprint users. If anyone does get the chance to see if HD Voice works through a Google Voice call, I'd love to hear about it.

I've seen the EVRC_NW codec show up on my phone, and I've been GV integrated since it became available (GV user before that as well). I rarely make calls though, so I haven't noticed an improvement personally.

• Like 1

Ive had HD calls...and I have full GV integration..

Ive had HD calls...and I have full GV integration..

When you are in a call with HD voice, does the other person hear you with it and can you hear them with it? It's the difficult part to tell from what I've read on this thread and others, because there's no real indicator as to what kind of audio you or the other person is actually getting.

Supposedly, it's pretty obvious when you hear it, but I haven't heard it so I'm not sure.

Supposedly, it's pretty obvious when you hear it, but I haven't heard it so I'm not sure.

You will know when you hear it, there is no question. The call sounds entirely different. It's like comparing the audio quality of an AM radio broadcast and a CD.

-Mike

• Like 1

When you are in a call with HD voice, does the other person hear you with it and can you hear them with it? It's the difficult part to tell from what I've read on this thread and others, because there's no real indicator as to what kind of audio you or the other person is actually getting.

HD voice quite literally sounds like the person is standing next to you talking in your ear, it's quite eery actually. You'll KNOW when it's an HD voice call.

I've never experienced sprints HD voice but I have experienced it from T-Mobile, and FaceTime audio.

I used HD voice for the first time last week, and it was amazing. I've always been used to the clear Sprint voice quality, but this was on a totally different level. It almost felt fake, was so clear. 

Brought back memories of the pin drop.

• Like 5

You will know when you hear it, there is no question. The call sounds entirely different. It's like comparing the audio quality of an AM radio broadcast and a CD.

-Mike

Yes Sir, well said.  I called my brother last night (both of us in the PHX market, I on the LGOG and him on the SGS4), the sound quality is almost hard to believe.  We talk fairly frequently, 2 or 3x a week, and the difference was amazing.  I thought it might be overrated but, Sprint hit a home run with this HD voice feature. :tu:  

• Like 1

I integrated HD Voice and calls using EVRC_NW codec didn't seem as good.  I un-integrated just now and tried again, and it still sounds muddy.  It's not crystal clear like it was before.

Not sure if this is tower related (they just LTE'd the tower right by me) or GVoice issue