Sim-X

Is HD Voice now on? Mine appears to be working

I have kept my AirRave since it still gets me a reliable ring which I need... It still only connects about half the time when my Galaxy 5 is set to LTE mode... I'll put up with lesser quality for a bit more until WIFI calling directly works...

Sprint has rolled out WiFi calling to many GS5's, check for updates. I gave been using it for about a week, and except for a few-hour hiccup yesterday, it has worked very well. I have unplugged my Airave.

I know that I have experienced HD Voice calls in Tacoma, Washington.  Was very crystal clear and sounded great!  Best call ive had on the sprint network.  It was on my S5.

• Like 1

Just had a crystal clear call with my parents. I hope this doesn't make them want to call more...

• Like 4

Yeah. My wife and I enjoy HD voice everyday. She has an iPhone 5c and mine is the G3. The calls sound phenomenal on both ends (but arguably better on the G3 end).

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Experienced an HD voice call from NY to KC yesterday, sounded great, almost better than real.

I have not been able to get it to work between my HTC one and my brother's S3.  :(

I have not been able to get it to work between my HTC one and my brother's S3. :(

Are you sure you're both connected to upgraded towers?

We were both at the same tower I did not check the engineering screen but we both were on an LTE tower.

We were both at the same tower I did not check the engineering screen but we both were on an LTE tower.

I would check the engineering screen and see what it lists for the service option (SO) during a call. HD voice is SO 71 if i recall correctly.

I would assume that, being in nTelos land, that this is not available to me now.  Any idea if it could be after they upgrade?

I would check the engineering screen and see what it lists for the service option (SO) during a call. HD voice is SO 71 if i recall correctly.

I read somewhere that it was 73. Can anyone confirm?

I read somewhere that it was 73. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, it is 73.

-Anthony

Experienced an HD voice call from NY to KC yesterday, sounded great, almost better than real.

Achtung, Deval.

AJ

• Like 1

Does a bluetooth headset need to support any specific technologies to take advantage of HD voice? I got my girlfriend a base model Plantronics BT headset last year and it sounds pretty awful, but when she turns it off, the call is super clear again on the handset.

Does a bluetooth headset need to support any specific technologies to take advantage of HD voice? I got my girlfriend a base model Plantronics BT headset last year and it sounds pretty awful, but when she turns it off, the call is super clear again on the handset.

I have the same issue with my wife's Acura and my Lexus. Bluetooth doesn't continue the HD throughput from the phone, so the quality is lost. I'm not sure there is a way around that. So a HD voice call sounds the same as a non-HD voice call, once channeled through a BT device.

A Bluetooth device must have dual microphones and noise canceling technology to work with an HD call.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

A Bluetooth device must have dual microphones and noise canceling technology to work with an HD call.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Are there any on the market, that you know of?

There are, but I don't remember who makes them. A quick google search should find it for you.

Are there any on the market, that you know of?

There are, but I don't remember who makes them. A quick google search should find it for you.

Jabra headsets do from what I can tell.

I was in a call to *4 today to check usage and decided to take a look at the 1x engineering screen.  I noticed that the SO was listed as 4GV_NB, which I haven't seen before on Sprint.  I then made another call to voicemail and the SO was back to EVRC_NW as expected.  Calling any of the Sprint shortcut numbers (*2, *3, etc) resulted in the codec being set to 4GV_NB.  My question is are both of those codecs considered HD Voice or is EVRC_NW the only HD Voice codec?  I can't find enough information on the 4GV codecs aside from the Qualcomm press release.

Jabra headsets do from what I can tell.

Picked up two Jabra "HD Voice" enabled headsets for me and my girlfriend yesterday. I'll let everyone know if sound quality is improved over our old non-HD 'sets.

They were only $23 each, and seem to only have one microphone, but the proof is in the pudding.

Update: Both the Jabra "TALK" bluetooth headsets I purchased cannot maintain voice quality during a known HD Voice conversation. It sounds like a regular non HD voice call over these headsets, and if we switch back to handset-only, the quality is restored again.

Seems like they're using the term as marketing lingo only. Gonna return them and keep shopping for a headset that actually can maintain the quality of an HD voice call.

• Like 1

I did not notice until today, the HD icon  when I dialed from the dialer.  It is green, I circled it.  I'm not talking about the HD phone Icon on the top.  The connection was between and HTC One M8 and an Iphone 5s.

Hd voice label

• Like 1

I did not notice until today, the HD icon  when I dialed from the dialer.  It is green, I circled it.  I'm not talking about the HD phone Icon on the top.  The connection was between and HTC One M8 and an Iphone 5s.

Yep, they added the icon with the latest M8, M8 HK update. 

Wait, the iPhone 5S doesn't support HD Voice. Or "Wideband Audio" as it's named by Apple on their CDMA iPhones...

Edited by EmeraldReporter