Service Alerts in Sprint Zone

I wonder what the common factor is? For reference, I'm in the Pittsburgh market...

Update: The ticket regarding this issue is now attached to 50+ markets. Unfortunately it's tagged as a Samsung market issue.

Update: The ticket regarding this issue is now attached to 50+ markets. Unfortunately it's tagged as a Samsung market issue.

Funny, I have problems in ALU territory too. I guess I better call and reference the ticket number to Sprint so they can add it to the Las Vegas market too.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Funny, I have problems in ALU territory too. I guess I better call and reference the ticket number to Sprint so they can add it to the Las Vegas market too.

As a heads up, there is an ongoing thread about the issue in Sprint's official forum: https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/143675 

Includes an explicit reference to ALU switches...

sprint1.JPG

sprint2.JPG

• Like 1

As a heads up, there is an ongoing thread about the issue in Sprint's official forum: https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/143675

Includes an explicit reference to ALU switches...

Wow. Thanks for posting that. I sure hope they start fixing it soon.

• Like 1

Wow. Thanks for posting that. I sure hope they start fixing it soon.

Just happened twice on a short phone call. It's ALWAYS when the other person is speaking, as if a certain tone in the voice triggers it or something...

• 2 weeks later...

Grumble. Snarl. Hiss. Promised March fix now listed for May? Can someone help me understand how this is other than incompetence? <response serviceTrenderStatus="Success" serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has a known issue impacting one of your most used towers. See the Service Alert Details section for more information on the known issue. If you have questions about the known issue or need further support, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 333)." serviceTrenderCode="333" nebStatus="Success"><nebticket ticketType="Other:Fast Busy/Reorder" ticketStatus="O" ticketNumber="69353" ticketLevel="MARKET" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we work to improve the performance on this tower. Our records indicate we will be completed during the month of May 2014. While our Engineers work on a solution, you may experience intermittent service issues. You can continue to check Sprint Zone for the most recent status available." statusUpdateNote="Customers may hear DTMF tones (keypad sounds) such as a long sound as if someone is holding down a number, or minute beeps while on the phone. The network is currently being investigated. " statusUpdateDateTime="2014-02-21T13:50:53-06:00" startDateTime="2013-12-15T18:00:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice" endDateTime="9999-12-31T17:59:59-06:00" etr="2014-05-01T11:20:00-05:00"/></response>

We cannot conclude it is incompetence without knowing what the problem is. But it sure seems excessive. Sprint needs to bring its network management back in house. The Ericsson experiment was a failure. I hope Masa sees this and corrects it,

• Like 3

We cannot conclude it is incompetence without knowing what the problem is. But it sure seems excessive. Sprint needs to bring its network management back in house. The Ericsson experiment was a failure. I hope Masa sees this and corrects it,

You are being too kind with the description of a failure.  It was a disaster or worse. Sprint is not unique with this outsourcing and its issues. No matter which company does it, it always is a disaster.

You are being too kind with the description of a failure. It was a disaster or worse. Sprint is not unique with this outsourcing and its issues. No matter which company does it, it always is a disaster.

And here I thought I was spot on. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• 1 month later...

These things in Sprint Zone only show up intermittently, which is odd. For example the following, only shows up for a friend's number, although we are both in the same market and I'm definitely having the problem too: Also, statusUpdateDateTime

remains the same even though there clearly has been a change...

<response serviceTrenderStatus="Success" serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has a known issue impacting one of your most used towers. See the Service Alert Details section for more information on the known issue. If you have questions about the known issue or need further support, please visit your local Sprint store for assistance (message 313)." serviceTrenderCode="313" nebStatus="Success">

<nebticket ticketType="Other:Fast Busy/Reorder" ticketStatus="O" ticketNumber="69353" ticketLevel="MARKET" ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we work to improve the performance on this tower. Our records indicate the estimated time of resolution is Thu, 1 May 2014. While our Engineers work on a solution, you may experience intermittent service issues. You can continue to check Sprint Zone for the most recent status available." statusUpdateNote="Customers may hear DTMF tones (keypad sounds) such as a long sound as if someone is holding down a number, or minute beeps while on the phone. Customer may not be able to navigate a business?s menu system ( IVR) using the keyboard tones ( DTMF tones). The network is currently being investigated."statusUpdateDateTime="2014-02-21T13:50:53-06:00" startDateTime="2013-12-15T18:00:00-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice" endDateTime="9999-12-31T17:59:59-06:00" etr="2014-05-01T11:20:00-05:00"/>
</response>

These things in Sprint Zone only show up intermittently, which is odd. For example the following, only shows up for a friend's number, although we are both in the same market and I'm definitely having the problem too: Also, statusUpdateDateTime

remains the same even though there clearly has been a change...

Service Alerts show up automatically only for numbers that are directly affected. I.E. the tower is a top 5 tower used by the number, or the issue is Market-wide. a Care or TS agent can look up other specific alerts opened, but the output Service Trender uses in Sprint Zone only automatically pulls up the ones directly affecting the top used towers.

Service Alerts show up automatically only for numbers that are directly affected. I.E. the tower is a top 5 tower used by the number, or the issue is Market-wide. a Care or TS agent can look up other specific alerts opened, but the output Service Trender uses in Sprint Zone only automatically pulls up the ones directly affecting the top used towers.

Ticket level is listed as "market" in this one though. I've seen this ticket before (it appears and disappears) and I'm exclusively in the Pittsburgh market...

Ticket level is listed as "market" in this one though. I've seen this ticket before (it appears and disappears) and I'm exclusively in the Pittsburgh market...

I can guarantee you that the "ticket level" indicator means very little in Service Trender info. Ericsson doesn't really have the ticketing system together very well on the back end, and it offers very little to front line reps. Glance on the other hand has full transcripts of issues and solutions, but few reps are properly trained on all of its uses (and in retail, there is no training at all, and only Leads and above can access it, not even techs).

<response serviceTrenderStatus="Success" serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint is seeing indications that your device could be impacting your voice experience. Please verify that your Software and PRL are both up to date by using the Voice Network Details section below. If additional support is needed, please visit your local Sprint store for assistance (message 213)." serviceTrenderCode="213" nebStatus="Success"/>

Can someone help with what this means? Device in question is up to date with software and PRL...

<response serviceTrenderStatus="Success" serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint is seeing indications that your device could be impacting your voice experience. Please verify that your Software and PRL are both up to date by using the Voice Network Details section below. If additional support is needed, please visit your local Sprint store for assistance (message 213)." serviceTrenderCode="213" nebStatus="Success"/>

Can someone help with what this means? Device in question is up to date with software and PRL...

It is basically saying that the algorithms have determined your experience is sub-par and there aren't any known network deficiencies in the area to account for it. Assuming everything is up to date (as new PRLs and software upgrades can fix issues), they suggest taking it into an store (it doesn't specify S&R, but otherwise they likely can't do anything to fix it) to have it checked.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Tower is impaired. Hope it does't choose to drive...

<response nebStatus="Success" serviceTrenderCode="333" serviceTrenderMessage="Sprint has a known issue impacting one of your most used towers. See the Service Alert Details section for more information on the known issue. If you have questions about the known issue or need further support, please call Customer Care for assistance (message 333)." serviceTrenderStatus="Success">

<nebticket etr="2014-10-26T14:06:00-05:00" endDateTime="9999-12-31T17:59:59-06:00" servicesAffected="Voice" startDateTime="2014-10-23T14:06:00-05:00" statusUpdateDateTime="2014-10-26T05:26:50-05:00" statusUpdateNote="We are currently experiencing an outage across the market. Customers may experience increased dropped calls, blocked calls, no service, or roaming, until the impairment is resolved." ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we work to improve the performance on this tower. While we do not have a current estimated time of resolution for this issue, please rest assured that our Engineers are aware & fully engaged. While our Engineers work on a solution, you may experience intermittent service issues. You can continue to check Sprint Zone for the most recent status available." ticketLevel="CASCADE" ticketNumber="3669037" ticketStatus="O" ticketType="Other:"/>
<nebticket etr="2014-10-23T00:00:00-05:00" endDateTime="2014-10-23T11:04:34-05:00" servicesAffected="Voice and Data" startDateTime="2014-10-22T19:00:00-05:00" statusUpdateDateTime="2014-10-23T10:45:29-05:00" statusUpdateNote="The tower is currently impaired. Customers may experience increased dropped calls, blocked calls, no service, roaming, loss of SDC, loss of 3G, EVDO, and LTE, or slow data connections until the impairment is resolved." ticketInformation="Thank you for your patience while we worked on this tower. Our Engineers have resolved the issue and your services should be back up & running. We value our customers and it is our top priority to deliver the best network experience. If we have not fully addressed your issue, please feel free to contact Customer Care."ticketLevel="MARKET" ticketNumber="3788591" ticketStatus="C" ticketType="Single Cellsite:"/>
</response>
  • Like 2

Interesting. Mine is version 4.7.027. Last SW update of Oct 8th 2014

This is the version baked into the 4.4.4 update for the M8. Someone should try figuring out where tower details come from.

This is the version baked into the 4.4.4 update for the M8. Someone should try figuring out where tower details come from.

It's not from the service trender site on zone.sprint.com, that's for sure.

Digiblur did the reverse engineering last time to get that URL...

Yes, I remember that. I keep the page pinned in Firefox so it's easier to look than waiting for it to load in the Sprint Zone App.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk