xrayman

Clear site upgrade in KC

Yesterday I noticed workers up on a tower out in the south part of the KC area. 

I took some photos that show what must be an upgrade to TD-LTE at the Clear site.

Bill

post-25027-0-67228000-1384443854_thumb.jpg

post-25027-0-25382600-1384443864_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday I noticed workers up on a tower out in the south part of the KC area. 

I took some photos that show what must be an upgrade to TD-LTE at the Clear site.

Bill

What you have marked as an OLD RRH appears to be the new RRH as well.

What you have marked as an OLD RRH appears to be the new RRH as well.

Ok good to know, I am no expert, just posted what I could see. The one on the right looked different, I guess it is mounted differently. This is the second week they have been working at that site.

Last week I could see large black cables on the ground around the equipment cabinets. What could that be used for? New hybrid power & signal cables to connect up the tower to the new RRUs?

Ok good to know, I am no expert, just posted what I could see. The one on the right looked different, I guess it is mounted differently. This is the second week they have been working at that site.

Last week I could see large black cables on the ground around the equipment cabinets. What could that be used for? New hybrid power & signal cables to connect up the tower to the new RRUs?

Appears to be just an angle issue, you can compare here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4344-how-to-spot-sprint-td-lte-antennas-rrus-samsung/

Yeah, they're probably swapping out the coaxial cable for new Optiplex cable. Better at carrying signal.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By S4GRU
      S4GRU members, want to see your name up in lights? Here is your chance...The WiMax countdown clock is up on the front page of The Forums. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index 

As a fundraiser for S4GRU, you can claim "naming rights" to the WiMax countdown clock for a day for a $20 donation.  Now, who will step up to the plate and meet my challenge to keep the sponsorship going? Celebrate the shutdown of WiMax! Show your support for multiple B41 carriers and carrier aggregation. And, of course, see your name get recognized by tens of thousands of others around the country.  

Just make a $20 PayPal donation, put "WiMax Countdown" in the message, and the clock is yours for a day (or more).   You can sponsor as many days as you like.  This is open to anyone, including S4GRU Staff.  Only banned members cannot participate.  Donations will counted toward your membership cumulative totals, including upgrades to Sponsor, Premier Sponsor and Honored Premier status. Donations will go to the next open day available to be Sponsored. We will not allow specific days to be selected.

We are auctioning off the final day.  The highest bidder will get the Sponsor privileges of the final day. See post below for more info.  

Help support S4GRU and be a part of history as WiMax fades off into the sunset. Click here to donate and Sponsor the WiMax Clock
    • By KnarfOH
      I am presently customer of the old Clearwire for home internet service.  By twist of fate, there are no other high-speed internet providers in my area - NOTHING! - unless you consider satellite services.  Clearwire was reluctant to give me a CLEAR EXPRESS HUB and sign me up originally because my home is literally shown to be in a marginal area of service.  My lot was shown to be covered but not the adjacent lots (not sure how that happens?).  Anyway, they gave me the modem and I experience around 6 Mbps downloads and 1 Mbps uploads (with an outside antenna).  For someone coming off dial-up and satellite (Wildblue) these speeds were terrific!  I am happy!  I understand my service is not as good as many others, but for this area it is fabulous!   With the recent announcements that Clearwire's Wimax service will be phased out by the end of 2015 - I am on pins and needles waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I live in Canal Winchester (suburb of Columbus, OH) and would be devastated If I lost my Clearwire service and we are not part of some Sprint LTE upgrade that will allow us to obtain high-speed internet when Clearwire goes away   Why isn't Sprint more open about their future plans to provide service to areas they acquired from Clearwire, including types of services and time frames other then generalities that I sometimes see published.  The tower I ping off of is located in Columbus (moderate density housing) and I have to believe that Columbus (15th largest city in the USA) would be near the top.  The tower is 3 to 4 miles away.  

• By lequonrobinson
      i wanted to know what round will maryland be in and is nv going underway in this market right now i have seen speeds 1.5 to 2 megs down consistantly before it was under 600 kps so i wanted to ask