Breaking Band: Tri-band LTE / eCSFB issues thread

I appreciate the effort, but I'm in Oklahoma, which you have listed as 'good' but I'm having issues with 3G/4G towers

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The sheet is to display which markets the we KNOW as having issues. So anyone that is within their 14-day return period can return their device if needed. Other issues, ie the 3G/4G issue within incumbent markets which has been reported but we have no concrete data to go on. When I get mine I know that I will spend hours testing out multiple sites.

I do have a question about the Sprint internal memo though. Why does it list (in the acronyms portion) Ericsson as CSFB and ALU and SAM as eCSFB?

I think it's obvious, as with many other things Ericsson has the lesser of NV equipment that does only CSFB.  Same comparison where Samsung is doing 1xA on PCS and 800SMR and Ericsson is still doing 1x on PCS without 800SMR now.  I would assume these are just software updates to get them up to par though since things are supposed to be SDR.

The sheet is to display which markets the we KNOW as having issues. So anyone that is within their 14-day return period can return their device if needed. Other issues, ie the 3G/4G issue within incumbent markets which has been reported but we have no concrete data to go on. When I get mine I know that I will spend hours testing out multiple sites.

Anyone started plotting out where people are having issues and where people aren't?  Seems like time better spent instead of guessing off some memo which obviously isn't 100% correct.

I appreciate the effort, but I'm in Oklahoma, which you have listed as 'good' but I'm having issues with 3G/4G towers

It appears that in addition to the incumbent/non-incumbent issue, sites that have not had upgraded software for eCSFB are also giving issues if they are 3G/4G. This could possibly explain issues in Missouri and Oklahoma that we have been seeing. 

• Like 1

I think it's obvious, as with many other things Ericsson has the lesser of NV equipment that does only CSFB.  Same comparison where Samsung is doing 1xA on PCS and 800SMR and Ericsson is still doing 1x on PCS without 800SMR now.  I would assume these are just software updates to get them up to par though since things are supposed to be SDR.

Anyone started plotting out where people are having issues and where people aren't?  Seems like time better spent instead of guessing off some memo which obviously isn't 100% correct.

I think from what we have received info is dead on in non-incumbents. Incumbents are having problems with 3G/4G sites. We need more data.

Actually, you are Shentel. It appears no Tri-Band devices are playing nice with the entire Shentel network yet.

Thanks I was curious, didn't see anything mentioned about them. Guess its back to the HTC One for me!

Thanks I was curious, didn't see anything mentioned about them. Guess its back to the HTC One for me!

We're not sure why things aren't working there yet. It's possible that the Shentel towers haven't received the proper software update yet. Very strange. 

We're not sure why things aren't working there yet. It's possible that the Shentel towers haven't received the proper software update yet. Very strange. 

I can tell you both Green (3G/800/4G), and Yellow (3G/4G) sites are a problem. I tried traveling to a yellow today, just thought maybe it would pick up LTE, no dice :(    only ePHRD connection.

Anyone within a market where GCI(HEX SCID's) are being collected, please post any LTE Engineering/SignalCheck Screens so we can check our maps/sheets to see what site you are connecting to.

Anyone within a market where GCI(HEX SCID's) are being collected, please post any LTE Engineering/SignalCheck Screens so we can check our maps/sheets to see what site you are connecting to.

Have you heard/seen any issues in socal? Specifically OC? I am waiting for order and will help where I can once it has arrived.

Nexus 5

Lte connectivity: will connect to most sites not all compared to HTC one.

located in NYC market.

Specifically Yonkers mount Vernon new Rochelle

Site closest to my home will not connect, unless forced in ##4636 menu. I can give you the site is if you need it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

So in markets where people are having problems connecting to LTE (for me it's Lincoln/Omaha, NE), do users also have a problem connecting to 1X800 as well??   are these 2 problems directly connected to each other?

with my GS3 i would pick up 1X800 at home but now it does not see it no matter what??? :o

So in markets where people are having problems connecting to LTE (for me it's Lincoln/Omaha, NE), do users also have a problem connecting to 1X800 as well??   are these 2 problems directly connected to each other?

with my GS3 i would pick up 1X800 at home but now it does not see it no matter what??? :o

Are you running a custom PRL that has 1x800 has a higher priority?

as you have probably seen in the nebraska/west iowa spreadsheet thread, ive had no problem connecting to 1x 800 using the stock prl

hmm very odd.  does the stock PRL prioritize 1XRTT?  know how to flash custom PRL's?

hmm very odd.  does the stock PRL prioritize 1XRTT?  know how to flash custom PRL's?

i think they are set at same priority but it scans the 1x 800 first after a reboot and if not found, it wont scan for it until you need it, as far as flashing a custom prl, this May work, but im not sure

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3059-800smr-s4gru-sponsors-prls/?p=236665

Robert just posted an article detailing the eCSFB issue with tri-band devices.

Read the whole article here.

I will also add the link to the OP. 

If you find an issue that cannot be explained by the information in the article, please continue to post. There may be more to work out.

• Like 5

After reading Robert's outstanding article on the fallback switch issue, I wish there would be a way for us to find out when each of our markets would be fixed!

It would be really nice to have some sort of timeline as to when the upgrades will take place and our phones will start receiving LTE.