My rambling's and things I find...

mhammett

Yes you should read in to that. Publicly, right here in this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We're a fixed wireless trade association. Shentel does mobile wireless (with Sprint, IITC). Are they embarking on fixed wireless? I kmow Sprint and or Dish has been working with someone that way regarding fixed wireless, but I thought it was someone else.
  • Like 1

It can.

Doesn't mean it will.

It will depend entirely upon both the carriers' and device makers implementations at both ends (device and network).

• 2 weeks later...

Since @sensorly doesn't have its own forum, I thought I'd ask here.

Does the device have to be activated to map the signals? If so, I guess I could get prepaid versions and just not actually use them.

My thought is to get used phones on various networks and run Sensorly on them as I drive around. Later I put them on WiFi and upload the measurements. I now have accurate maps showing approximate tower locations and weak coverage areas.

The general public could use this as part of their carrier analysis. I'd use it to find where there may be people upset with how slow their hotspot or just general data use is and sell them my Internet.  ;-)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

While negotiating services being delivered to a prospective client with many locations, I was told they have roughly 10/2.5 unlimited access from Clear for $55/month. Any insight on that service and how it is likely to change with Sprint migrating over to data packages for non-handsets? They obviously can't get legacy Clear in a lot of locations and a mobile network isn't as reliable\consistent as a fixed network, which is why we're talking in the first place. If that plan was going to be cut off soon, that's ammo I could use.

While negotiating services being delivered to a prospective client with many locations, I was told they have roughly 10/2.5 unlimited access from Clear for $55/month. Any insight on that service and how it is likely to change with Sprint migrating over to data packages for non-handsets? They obviously can't get legacy Clear in a lot of locations and a mobile network isn't as reliable\consistent as a fixed network, which is why we're talking in the first place. If that plan was going to be cut off soon, that's ammo I could use.

I know there is a discussion related to this topic here http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6285-Does-Sprint-have-plans-for-service-for-WiMax-home-customers-when-the-network-shuts-down?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We're a fixed wireless trade association. Shentel does mobile wireless (with Sprint, IITC). Are they embarking on fixed wireless? I kmow Sprint and or Dish has been working with someone that way regarding fixed wireless, but I thought it was someone else.

Sprint and Dish are working on a fixed wireless broadband trial in Corpus Cristi, but Ntelos and Dish are offering service already in Ntelos's territory.

Frak... all backhaul to a tower goes down. Call the city. In his bumbling I determine that there are people onsite now building a temporary tower as the one I'm on is getting painted and gear is being moved. Thanks for the warning.

Idiots... I get there and people were fucking with the breaker panel. I check my gear and it is off. They're speaking an Eastern European language. When they're done with the panel, I reset the GFCI. Everything comes back. It would have started beeping immediately when they started messing around and beeped for hours. "Did that reset?" "Yes." "Do you not have a backup?" "Yes, it would have been beeping like that for hours." "Oh." Fucker

• 2 weeks later...
Amendment of Part 15 of the Commission’s Rules 
for Unlicensed Operations in the Television Bands,
Repurposed 600 MHz Band, 600 MHz Guard 
Bands and Duplex Gap, and Channel 37, and

Amendment of Part 74 of the Commission’s Rules 
for Low Power Auxiliary Stations in the 
Repurposed 600 MHz Band and 600 MHz Duplex 
Gap

Expanding the Economic and Innovation 
Opportunities of Spectrum Through Incentive 
Auctions

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2014/db0930/FCC-14-144A1.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to a posting that went up today on the FCC’s official blog, the start of the incentive auction is now being pushed back to “early 2016.”  Here is a link to the blog posting: http://www.fcc.gov/blog/incentive-auction-progress-report.  The new timeline is mentioned towards the end.

• Like 3

According to a posting that went up today on the FCC’s official blog, the start of the incentive auction is now being pushed back to “early 2016.”  Here is a link to the blog posting: http://www.fcc.gov/blog/incentive-auction-progress-report.  The new timeline is mentioned towards the end.

The link comes up empty -- Did the FCC pull the post for some reason?

• Like 1