Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

Sprint officially launched new markets today (although they've been showing on coverage maps since last week).

Sprint Spark is now official in two new markets:

• Provo, UT
  • Trenton, NJ

Per their count, 20 new markets have official LTE support. Maps will be updated when I get time, for now, here is the list.

• Hot Springs, AR
  • Nogales, AZ
  • Bakersfield, CA
  • El Centro, CA
  • Porterville, CA
  • Visalia, CA
  • Bridgeport, CT
  • Norwalk, CT
  • Stamford, CT
  • Willimantic, CT
  • Bradenton, FL
  • Sarasota, FL
  • Mason City, IA
  • Peoria, IL
  • Omaha, NE
  • Ewing, NJ
  • Ocean City, NJ
  • Trenton, NJ
  • Zanesville, OH
  • Shawnee, OK
  • Lancaster, PA
  • Scranton, PA
  • Wilkes-Barre, PA
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Orem, UT
  • Provo, UT
  • Kenosha, WI
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Do they consider Bristol, VA in the Kingsport/Bristol, TN as officially launched?  Or will they add Bristol, VA to Johnson City, TN when Sprint officially announces Johnson City?  Not one Sprint site in Bristol, VA has live LTE yet.

Do they consider Bristol, VA in the Kingsport/Bristol, TN as officially launched? Or will they add Bristol, VA to Johnson City, TN when Sprint officially announces Johnson City? Not one Sprint site in Bristol, VA has live LTE yet.

Look a the the coverage map. That will tell you what they consider launched. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Received this in Lynchburg, Va.  I'm not holding my breath and fully expect to get very slowwwwww 3G speeds.

What kind of speeds are you expecting. Let me tell you from first hand experience. Sites with upgraded backhaul and 3g upgrades have very fast speeds...compared to what they used to be. Don't expect Tmobile and ATT like "3g" speeds because that is impossible.

What kind of speeds are you expecting. Let me tell you from first hand experience. Sites with upgraded backhaul and 3g upgrades have very fast speeds...compared to what they used to be. Don't expect Tmobile and ATT like "3g" speeds because that is impossible.

Really I was not intending for this to be about the speeds and rather why am I receiving emails about LTE in my area (received a text a few months ago) and can't find my city mentioned anywhere regarding upgrades.

Edited by Tfalwell

Really I was not intending for this to be about the speeds and rather why I'm receiving emails about LTE in my area (received a text a few months ago) and can't find my city mentioned anywhere about upgrades.

Gotcha. Yeh, they sent out an email  a while back which kinda confused half the country saying that upgrades are either coming in the next "month" or upgrades are coming in the next "Few months." I got it too in Orlando, and we have been launched for a while, even though its been pretty stagnant since launch date up until a few weeks ago.

What city are you in?

Gotcha. Yeh, they sent out an email  a while back which kinda confused half the country saying that upgrades are either coming in the next "month" or upgrades are coming in the next "Few months." I got it too in Orlando, and we have been launched for a while, even though its been pretty stagnant since launch date up until a few weeks ago.

What city are you in?

Lynchburg, VA.  I'd take 3G upgrades at this point but very odd to get an email about LTE....I've heard of the SMS alerts being wrong but didn't know it was now a problem for emails.

Lynchburg, VA.  I'd take 3G upgrades at this point but very odd to get an email about LTE....I've heard of the SMS alerts being wrong but didn't know it was now a problem for emails.

Someone might have to correct me, but I don't think that lynchburg is even native Sprint territory. I am seeing no upgrades to anything ever in that area. It's not even showing that sprint has sites there....

Someone might have to correct me, but I don't think that lynchburg is even native Sprint territory. I am seeing no upgrades to anything ever in that area. It's not even showing that sprint has sites there....

Correct I believe we use Ntelos towers.  So I guess I should be searching for Ntelos upgrades but I read somewhere that Sprint users cant use their LTE...so they have me all confused.

Their partnership with Shentel I was hoping would do something since that's an ISP in this region (and my current one) but it's been years and I haven't seen much of any progress at least LTE wise.

Lynchburg, VA is ntelos market. Right now sprint can't roam on ntelos lte maybe in the future who knows only ntelos knows for sure.

There was also a restriction on sprint and shentel not allowing them to overbuild that has ended in February. I don't know when or if sprint will overbuild I don't expect it soon. I personal think they have too much work to do elsewhere before they build out in wv and va. I hope 800 LTE eats into ntelos market from the edges. Then they overbuild down the interstate with 800 LTE fulling in as needed.

If you find out anything new about LTE in ntelos market I am sure the people who follow the ntelos market would love to hear about it in the ntelos market thread.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The recent extension of Sprint's network alliance agreement with nTelos does stipulate that Sprint folks CAN use nTelos LTE when it's available in the network upgrade process. The question now is, when will that happen in one's particular area during the next 6 - 12 months.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I read through this, may have missed it, but I drive truck (No external antenna, just using a HTC M8) through I-40 from Kingman AZ to Springfield and back so I've been watching LTE expand almost weekly. Picking up LTE now in fits and starts in Albuquerque NM, as well as Flagstaff AZ now. Also, In and around Amarillo Tx I am picking up B26 as well as B25. Vega Texas is up and running west of Amarillo. East of Amarillo in Groom Tx is LTE strong.  Oklahoma/TX Border (Sayre OK area through Oklahoma City picking up B26, as well as up the I44 corridor.I dont know if you need that for updates to locations and technology or if you would like SignalCheck screen shots of B26/B25 in those areas, I'd be more than happy to provide them in my next pass. Just lemmie know. 

• Like 2

East of Amarillo in Groom Tx is LTE strong.

In Groom, it is LE.

;)

AJ

• Like 3