Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Speeds in Beckley are all over the place. I would say that 50% of the time it is 2 down 1 up at best, then maybe 40% 4-7 max down and barely 2 up, and the remainder being totally unusable or in 1 specific location I've achieved 25 down (mapped on Root Metrics on airport road in Beckley).

I would say I'm decently happy with Sprint at this point. My phone is usable off of wifi now whereas before I felt like I had a blown up iPod capable of calling and calling only. If B26 would get deployed in Beckley it would be life changing I feel but it will come eventually and everything can only get better from here on out.

Also, Sprint never could figure out why my mothers iPhone 5 wasn't connecting to LTE so they gave her a FREE iPhone 5S replacement to compensate the issue which I thought was above and beyond satisfactory!

• Like 5

Yes two times. First on Friday afternoon and then again on Saturday and the 2nd time they said there was no tickets in. I find that hard to believe bc no one with sprint was able to makes calls in my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tekjunkie

Slight derail of thread:

I have been closely tracking LTE implementation on my HTC M9.  However, my wife's GS5 will NOT connect to the new nTelos LTE anywhere here.  It's perfectly fine on Sprint 4G outside of nTelos-land.  I've done numerous profile updates, restarts, airplane mode toggles, and reported in through Sprint Zone a couple of times, as well.  I'm wondering if there's some kind of glitch in the system recognizing her SIM or whatever.  Can anyone shine some light on this?

TIA!

Slight derail of thread:

I have been closely tracking LTE implementation on my HTC M9.  However, my wife's GS5 will NOT connect to the new nTelos LTE anywhere here.  It's perfectly fine on Sprint 4G outside of nTelos-land.  I've done numerous profile updates, restarts, airplane mode toggles, and reported in through Sprint Zone a couple of times, as well.  I'm wondering if there's some kind of glitch in the system recognizing her SIM or whatever.  Can anyone shine some light on this?

TIA!

Have you tried reprovisioning your phone?

Well folks, I have to ship back my sprint note 5 today to the samsung test drive folks. Sadly, the network hasn't improved enough for me to switch yet, but I would imagine in a month or 2 it could be a very real possibility. 

I switched to a Galaxy S6 last week, its only temporary but I am enjoying it! Anyways....

I have done a good deal of Sensorly mapping in the Lake Monticello area and from Fork Union to Troy. nTelos LTE has improved 100% from when it was first turned on. Where I would lose LTE for about 10 miles on my way home I now have it. EV-DO fall back is still not working right.

Also on a side note the signal quality on the S6 has been worlds better than my iPhone. I could hardly hold LTE on the iphone where the S6 is holding on with a decent signal reading.

Have you tried reprovisioning your phone?

Just did - no dice. Even threw in another profile update, toggled airplane mode, switched to CDMA only and back to LTE/CDMA. Nothin'

Guess I'll take it into the Sprint store to see if they can work some magic on it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

Does anyone happen to know what date the Shentel merge is supposed to happen?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

The last thing I read was Early 2016. I am not aware of anything more specific than that, yet.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does anyone happen to know what date the Shentel merge is supposed to happen?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

The only approval now lacking is the FCC.  The last filing in their case was December 14.

Now seeing B25 CA at work! Speed and ping aren't great yet, but better than before:

449097bb929c1a10065bb028986a33c4.jpg

Can you get an LTE engineering screenshot please?  Curious was spectrum this carrier is on. The GCI doesn't follow any known pattern for B25 second carrier.

(And as someone already said, there is no CA on B25, just a second carrier. SCP does not denote CA in any way either. It can only display a marker for a second carrier).

Can you get an LTE engineering screenshot please? Curious was spectrum this carrier is on. The GCI doesn't follow any known pattern for B25 second carrier.

(And as someone already said, there is no CA on B25, just a second carrier. SCP does not denote CA in any way either. It can only display a marker for a second carrier).

nTelos is special. Trip figured out they use decimal instead of hex to signal B26 and second carrier. Hex 21 = dec 33

UPdownLoAD posted some engineering shots earlier of second carrier. Not sure if it is the same freq though. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7105-ntelos-tracking/?p=443523

nTelos is special. Trip figured out they use decimal instead of hex to signal B26 and second carrier. Hex 21 = dec 33

UPdownLoAD posted some engineering shots earlier of second carrier. Not sure if it is the same freq though. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7105-ntelos-tracking/?p=443523

I didn't realize that the 2nd carrier had been active that long. That explains why SCP knew what it was!

Happy to tomorrow. Any quick guide how to do that on HTC M9? The SCP shortcut doesn't work on it, and I forgot the other roadmap to it.

Found it (debug) - ##33284#

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

• Like 1