Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

I've been looking through the forum and trying to learn about all the different bands and stuff. And I was just wondering, say nTelos did activate their LTE network. Would I even be able to connect to it? I know they're in a roaming agreement but I mean when it comes to the bands that nTelos uses and the ones sprint uses, I googled them and from what I saw, they are different. Sorry if this is kind of a nobody question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all depends on whatever agreements Sprint and nTelos have with each other. We have had reports that Sprint had recently reached 4G agreements with 3 other carriers (there is a thread somewhere around here about it). However we don't know what carriers those are. My 3 guess (for those carriers) are C-Spire, USCC, and nTelos,

It all depends on whatever agreements Sprint and nTelos have with each other. We have had reports that Sprint had recently reached 4G agreements with 3 other carriers (there is a thread somewhere around here about it). However we don't know what carriers those are. My 3 guess (for those carriers) are C-Spire, USCC, and nTelos,

Ah alright, so say it was reached with nTelos. Given their LTE bands, can my iPhone 5 connect to any of them? I would really love to pick up something like a G2 or something else tri band, but I don't think I could live without things like iMessage.

• Like 1

a8y4unug.jpge7aje9e2.jpg

These were the photos I could get today, got front and back of what look to be new panels, and to my surprise there was actually a crew working on the tower. I hope I got something, any tips let me know so I can get better photos for you guys.

I can't say the antenna panels look familiar, but the RRU they are hoisting up in the last picture sure looks like an Alcatel-Lucent 800 RRU!

You may have gotten the first proof that nTelos has started with NV upgrades! :o

Those certainly look like Alcatel-Lucent RRUs. They look more like the 800 RRU, but I suppose in a different market, they could have a different purpose. You'll just have to let us know what happens in the next couple of weeks!

Those certainly look like Alcatel-Lucent RRUs. They look more like the 800 RRU, but I suppose in a different market, they could have a different purpose. You'll just have to let us know what happens in the next couple of weeks!

Will do! Not seeing any difference in my signal strength. Only difference thus far is 3G speed.

Any updates on the Beckley area? Have they turned on LTE yet?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

No updates, not even a slight LTE symbol popping up for even a second. Pretty sure I see the equipment on the tower but it isn't on yet. Hopefully we hear something thing tomorrow at nTelos' conference.

• Like 1

Posted Image So I noticed at this site I'm almost positive is a nTelos site there was work being done on it. On my way back home when I passed it I noticed my phone wasn't connecting to 3G, it flashed 3G and then stayed on full bars of 1x. I was directly below the tower and the truck wasn't up there anymore but it was weird. It flashed to 3G a few times but stayed on 1x for the most part like what my phone did in Charlotte when it would transfer to LTE. Any idea about what's happening? My phone seems to do that a lot recently, switching to

1x like it's trying to grab LTE but can't.

Ive connected to ehrpd alot without working data in my neck of ntelos woods via signal check. My wife got the new network coming text but I havent had the 1x issue. Hopefully its a good sign.

Care to explain ehrpd to me? I never learned that term...

I just learned about it from this cool website myself when I joined. But from what I gather ehrpd is what hands ev-do (3g) to LTE and vice versa seamlessly. I downloaded signal check on my EVO LTE and noticed it connected to it almost every time I toggled airplane mode. There is also a thread on here with screenshots of ntelos ehrpd.

I just learned about it from this cool website myself when I joined. But from what I gather ehrpd is what hands ev-do (3g) to LTE and vice versa seamlessly. I downloaded signal check on my EVO LTE and noticed it connected to it almost every time I toggled airplane mode. There is also a thread on here with screenshots of ntelos ehrpd.

Ah, alright. I have no way of knowing about that here since I don't really have access to an android phone to check for it.