Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

I have noticed within the past week or two after switching from my Sprint Sim to my R15 Sim on T-Mobile that my speeds dropped from about 215up/70ish down to about 125Up/7-10ish down. Any one else here seen this?

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warning: Long, but worth the read.  I just wanted to give a good customer service experience with Shentel. On one sector of the tower closest to my house (Woodstock, VA), B26 had zero data throug

You guys are in for a treat. Shentel is almost universally agreed to have the some of the best sprint markets anywhere.   Soon™   Sent from my Nexus 5

Planned Upgrade and New Sites Central VA Market Southern WV and KY Markets PA Market

Posted Images

So, my home connection has changed, and NOT for the better. I can hope this represents some temporary status during a changeover . . .

Update: back on Sprint B26 with download of 15Mbps

Screenshot_20210226-193026.png

Screenshot_20210226-193141.png

Edited by davidtm
Update
On 2/13/2021 at 12:00 AM, JDP121 said:

I have noticed within the past week or two after switching from my Sprint Sim to my R15 Sim on T-Mobile that my speeds dropped from about 215up/70ish down to about 125Up/7-10ish down. Any one else here seen this?

Ok update with in the last couple days (while I’m isolation) I have noticed while on my home tower (Fashion Square Mall less than 1/4 mile from my apartment) it has gone back to normal with 200+ upload and 60+ upload. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Lockedtight said:

Hopefully T-Mobile will hire the majority of these people losing their jobs.  Such a tough time to be looking for a new job.

Shentel to reduce 30% of company's workforce as sale to T-Mobile is finalized (newsleader.com)

In any merger or buy-out it is usually office staff that lose their jobs.  The workers who physically keep everything running are the ones most likely to move over to T-Mobile.  The sales people, office managers, help desk, HR, finance, etc. are the ones that if Shentel does not have a landing spot for them, they will be out of a job as T-Mobile already has people for these roles.

• Like 1

I note they now do not expect the sale to close until the third quarter.  I wish they would at least start running 312250 on the Shentel sites...

- Trip

• Like 2

Still waiting to see how this impacts my day-to-day wireless experience. I've been having more dropped calls lately, even in wifi calling. Don't know if it's this network changeover, just general internet congestion, or the third party service I'm using for work . . .