Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

I have noticed within the past week or two after switching from my Sprint Sim to my R15 Sim on T-Mobile that my speeds dropped from about 215up/70ish down to about 125Up/7-10ish down. Any one else here seen this?

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, my home connection has changed, and NOT for the better. I can hope this represents some temporary status during a changeover . . .

Update: back on Sprint B26 with download of 15Mbps

Screenshot_20210226-193026.png

Screenshot_20210226-193141.png

Edited by davidtm
Update

On 2/13/2021 at 12:00 AM, JDP121 said:

I have noticed within the past week or two after switching from my Sprint Sim to my R15 Sim on T-Mobile that my speeds dropped from about 215up/70ish down to about 125Up/7-10ish down. Any one else here seen this?

Ok update with in the last couple days (while I’m isolation) I have noticed while on my home tower (Fashion Square Mall less than 1/4 mile from my apartment) it has gone back to normal with 200+ upload and 60+ upload. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Lockedtight said:

Hopefully T-Mobile will hire the majority of these people losing their jobs.  Such a tough time to be looking for a new job.

Shentel to reduce 30% of company's workforce as sale to T-Mobile is finalized (newsleader.com)

In any merger or buy-out it is usually office staff that lose their jobs.  The workers who physically keep everything running are the ones most likely to move over to T-Mobile.  The sales people, office managers, help desk, HR, finance, etc. are the ones that if Shentel does not have a landing spot for them, they will be out of a job as T-Mobile already has people for these roles.

• Like 1

Still waiting to see how this impacts my day-to-day wireless experience. I've been having more dropped calls lately, even in wifi calling. Don't know if it's this network changeover, just general internet congestion, or the third party service I'm using for work . . .

• 1 month later...

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else seen any evidence of 312250 or 311490 in Shentel land as of yet?  I've heard someone mention that T-Mobile PCIs have started showing up in the neighbor cells suddenly. 

I have to admit, I'm itching to make my way out there, but I'm at least a week from being there, and possibly closer to three weeks.  If someone has a screenshot of SCP showing 312250 on a Shentel GCI, I for one would love to see it.

- Trip

2 hours ago, Trip said:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else seen any evidence of 312250 or 311490 in Shentel land as of yet?  I've heard someone mention that T-Mobile PCIs have started showing up in the neighbor cells suddenly. 

I have to admit, I'm itching to make my way out there, but I'm at least a week from being there, and possibly closer to three weeks.  If someone has a screenshot of SCP showing 312250 on a Shentel GCI, I for one would love to see it.

- Trip

SCP is showing as 310-120 when connected to 312-250, at least in MorgantownfXFOrcc.jpg5k0cJqI.jpg

• Thanks 1

That's probably your device.  I've heard some devices do show 310-120 in SCP instead of 312-250.  None of mine do that.

Thanks!  Great to actually see it. 

EDIT: Looks like the T-Mobile coverage map shows it too, albeit as roaming.

- Trip

4 hours ago, ofreyfromyabush said:

SCP is showing as 310-120 when connected to 312-250, at least in MorgantownfXFOrcc.jpg5k0cJqI.jpg

There is a setting in SCP to display the alternate PLMN. This will allow you to see 312-250 instead of just 310120. I know this because I requested that and Mike added it really quickly!

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

There is a setting in SCP to display the alternate PLMN. This will allow you to see 312-250 instead of just 310120. I know this because I requested that and Mike added it really quickly!

ah yep, turned that setting on and it showed 312250. Neat!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, davidtm said:

I just turned that on, and it now shows 312530

Okay, then you are probably still Sprint-native.  If you were T-Mobile native, you'd be seeing 311-490 or 312-250.

- Trip

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davidtm said:

I just turned that on, and it now shows 312530

3 hours ago, Trip said:

Okay, then you are probably still Sprint-native.  If you were T-Mobile native, you'd be seeing 311-490 or 312-250.

- Trip

312-530 is Sprint "roaming" sites. It's native coverage, but it's not a keep site and you only connect if there's little to no T-Mobile coverage. I get this occasionally in NE and KS, I'm on a 5G phone so technically T-Mobile but still a Sprint SIM (TNA).

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

312-530 is Sprint "roaming" sites. It's native coverage, but it's not a keep site and you only connect if there's little to no T-Mobile coverage. I get this occasionally in NE and KS, I'm on a 5G phone so technically T-Mobile but still a Sprint SIM (TNA).

My wife's phone shows 312-530 frequently and it's definitely on Sprint.

- Trip