Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

It was on Rose Hill Drive

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Ya I've always had somewhat slow speeds over that way. Hoping they get everything in that area adjusted soon. I know up at Fashion Square Mall stuff has been improving a lot. 90% of the time at the house I'm connected to Band 41 and call and LTE has improved a lot in the past month.

And inside the Operations Center (we must have amplifiers in the building). No matter, the LTE isn't dropping, and even these speeds are better than the personal Wi-Fi connection we have.b821f7d0f23bf00a02ae5e1a4d58ef8f.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Edited by hilker09

Stupid photo uploader is being retarted for me today for some reason. But just did a speedtest on B41 in Abbington Crossings behind Fashion Square Mall and got Ping of 74 Download of 10.95 and Upload of 8.69. Did one on B41 around 2 or 230 this morning and got Ping of 74 Download of 45.67 and Upload of 14.23. 

• Like 1

Stupid photo uploader is being retarted for me today for some reason. But just did a speedtest on B41 in Abbington Crossings behind Fashion Square Mall and got Ping of 74 Download of 10.95 and Upload of 8.69. Did one on B41 around 2 or 230 this morning and got Ping of 74 Download of 45.67 and Upload of 14.23.

That's interesting that you're getting high speeds. Since I've moved to shentel land even with B41 2xCA, 10x10 B25 I've never had speeds above 5 to 8 mb/s down.

I think the back haul just isn't scaled to the full potential of those technologies

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's interesting that you're getting high speeds. Since I've moved to shentel land even with B41 2xCA, 10x10 B25 I've never had speeds above 5 to 8 mb/s down.

I think the back haul just isn't scaled to the full potential of those technologies

Isn't the back haul their own?

I've wondered for years who has done the back haul to the former nTelos sites. Never did figure out who did. 

I'm not exactly sure. I know shentel has quite of bit of fiber in the area, but so does at&t.

It would be a head scratcher if shentel was directly feeding the towers and still restrict the bandwidth to their customers (via sprint). 77ab3f53a43bbf881ad258d669b70eaf.jpg

I'm not exactly sure. I know shentel has quite of bit of fiber in the area, but so does at&t.

It would be a head scratcher if shentel was directly feeding the towers and still restrict the bandwidth to their customers (via sprint). 77ab3f53a43bbf881ad258d669b70eaf.jpg

Also, note that the fiber going north through Martinsburg, Wv & Hagerstown, Md also goes into many towns on its way to York, Pa and Harrisburg.

Where did you get this map?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone been having roaming issues lately? I noticed with the last carrier settings update I no longer am able to roam on US Cellular LTE in Buckingham County where Sprint has no native service. Was working fine a few weeks ago. Now it's 1X only [emoji24] I also noticed my phone seems to prefer Verizon versus US Cellular, problem with VZW is no data roaming at all anymore..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone been having roaming issues lately? I noticed with the last carrier settings update I no longer am able to roam on US Cellular LTE in Buckingham County where Sprint has no native service. Was working fine a few weeks ago. Now it's 1X only [emoji24] I also noticed my phone seems to prefer Verizon versus US Cellular, problem with VZW is no data roaming at all anymore..

It's been a good 4 or 5 months since I've been down to Buckingham. Last time I was down their it was working fine roaming on US Cellular. Hopefully it will get situated around soon. 

When I was in Buckingham County a few weeks ago, I had no issue with US Cellular.  And, of course, my parents' house down in Charlotte County has nothing but US Cellular and it worked fine there.

What's interesting, though, is that my US Cellular phone will not roam on nTelos at all, and prefers Verizon in those areas.

- Trip

When I was in Buckingham County a few weeks ago, I had no issue with US Cellular. And, of course, my parents' house down in Charlotte County has nothing but US Cellular and it worked fine there.

What's interesting, though, is that my US Cellular phone will not roam on nTelos at all, and prefers Verizon in those areas.

- Trip

I went through expecting for it to kick over once I passed over the James River bridge like normal but no go. I saw it light up "Extended LTE" for 1 second and then went to 1X. I tried switching Airplane Mode on and off a few times but nothing as well.

I personally love roaming on USCC but these days I seem to only get VZW roaming.

Can any one check their PLMN and see if it changed to 310470(Shentel) from 312190(nTelos).

I would check but haven't figured out how to check it on the iPhone 7+ yet. But have been wondering if it has changed over though.

• 3 weeks later...

I've wondered for years who has done the back haul to the former nTelos sites. Never did figure out who did.

Varies depending on where you are. Windstream, Lumos, Suddenlink etc.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk