Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Hello everyone. I joined to get 4G LTE information for Morgantown. I read all 125+ pages and I'm still needing some help. I have a a ZTE Pocket a wifi hot spot with unlimited data and no throttling. I have this device/plan from my employer to work from home. I can only get 1.0M download service from Frontier so my company offered the Sprint device as they already had the device and plan. I live less than 1 mile from the Star City exit of I79 and high elevation with no obstructions. Sprint maps show I should be in the "Fair" 4G LTE and on the border the "Best" 4G LTE. I tested today using Speedtest.net and could receive 3MB down off exit 155 at the Gateway and University Town Center. I had the same speeds throughout the Star City area. Any idea what speeds I should expect? Any LTE or Spark info you have for this area of Morgantown? This hotspot will not move from my house.

Hello everyone. I joined to get 4G LTE information for Morgantown. I read all 125+ pages and I'm still needing some help. I have a a ZTE Pocket a wifi hot spot with unlimited data and no throttling. I have this device/plan from my employer to work from home. I can only get 1.0M download service from Frontier so my company offered the Sprint device as they already had the device and plan. I live less than 1 mile from the Star City exit of I79 and high elevation with no obstructions. Sprint maps show I should be in the "Fair" 4G LTE and on the border the "Best" 4G LTE. I tested today using Speedtest.net and could receive 3MB down off exit 155 at the Gateway and University Town Center. I had the same speeds throughout the Star City area. Any idea what speeds I should expect? Any LTE or Spark info you have for this area of Morgantown? This hotspot will not move from my house.

I work all through the state of WV for an inventory company and have just now started seeing improved coverage for Sprint. Our company uses both Verizon and Sprint.

I haven't been in the Morgantown area for months, but I will be checking with my coworkers that have Sprint phones to see what information I can get for you.

I will be as far as Summersville next week, I can get some data up to that point personally.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

And for giggles, the log data I give you guys, does Sprint (Shentel) use said info to improve the network, or is it just for the forum updates?

Shentel would already have all the info from that is collected by signalcheck pro logs. We don't even really know where all the sites are located. I don't think they use any of the info.

All we are trying to see what technology is installed on the which tower.

Ok. I was hoping that everything we do helps the network. Maybe if some Shentel employees here look at the info we share, then it will give them an idea of what needs the most improvement!

Ok. I was hoping that everything we do helps the network. Maybe if some Shentel employees here look at the info we share, then it will give them an idea of what needs the most improvement!

The sales force does not get all of the info we have, although Sprint has gotten dramatically better in supplying them info during the last few months.

• Like 1

The sales force does not get all of the info we have, although Sprint has gotten dramatically better in supplying them info during the last few months.

I was thinking more like the techs.

Map updated... 55f9bbcbc295833fcf15d72c6524aec2.jpg

Also, how do I get my antenna to switch between 3g to 4g more aggressively? For example, I will go from a 3g area to a 4g area, and I know for sure that it is LTE enabled, yet it may take 1-15 minutes to switch...

• Like 1

3g still reflects nTelos... Why would it still show up like that?

The SID either hasn't been changed yet or will not be changed. If Sprint just absorbs the nTelos SID as native and designates that in the PRL, Mike will need to update signal check to show Sprint instead. Signal check uses a static list of SIDs and the corresponding operator.

• Like 2

FYI your GPS ended about 4:45PM on the 9th, logs end at 7:30PM on the 9th (in case you thought they went to the 11th).  Logs are always welcome.

FYI your GPS ended about 4:45PM on the 9th, logs end at 7:30PM on the 9th (in case you thought they went to the 11th). Logs are always welcome.

That's very odd... Will try again later.

The SID either hasn't been changed yet or will not be changed. If Sprint just absorbs the nTelos SID as native and designates that in the PRL, Mike will need to update signal check to show Sprint instead. Signal check uses a static list of SIDs and the corresponding operator.

I'm pretty sure its gonna change. If I do ##data# and then go under advanced under my G4 it use to list my SID as 4379 (nTelos) as my home coverage area before the take over. Then now it reads 4139 (Sprint) as my home coverage area. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure its gonna change. If I do ##data# and then go under advanced under my G4 it use to list my SID as 4379 (nTelos) as my home coverage area before the take over. Then now it reads 4139 (Sprint) as my home coverage area.

My G3 on Boost Mobile reads 4139 as well.

Anybody know about this?

SoftwareNumberLS990ZVD OSNameGoogle 

Looking like Marshmallow update on G3! If so, this was announced on the 25th,so about how long til it rolls out?

Just rode by the nTelos at Pantops in Charlottesville. Closed with no lights on but a Sprint sign in the window. I guess it will be reopening and what I saw before was ripping all the old nTelos kiosks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk