Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Looks good to me. Heavy capacity and enhanced coverage? Can't cover the state completely, I'm impressed

True, but no real network build like other parts. I understand that the mountains still present a Challenge, but if Sprint truly wants to make a presence in the State, they need to build high so that the signal will penetrate....

I.e. The Beckley black area. Nobody covers that 20 mile stretch, period, perhaps if they did things such as that, they will increase customers exponentially. I really hate At&T and Verizon, just want to see Sprint hurt them bad!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

True, but no real network build like other parts. I understand that the mountains still present a Challenge, but if Sprint truly wants to make a presence in the State, they need to build high so that the signal will penetrate....

I.e. The Beckley black area. Nobody covers that 20 mile stretch, period, perhaps if they did things such as that, they will increase customers exponentially. I really hate At&T and Verizon, just want to see Sprint hurt them bad!

Well keep in mind every site is gonna be redone completely for NV, it's possible that the new sites as well as the current get a higher elevation! Shentel can nail the Virginias, I have total faith in them

I noticed today when leaving work that all the nTelos employees were wearing Sprint lanyards. I'm sure that will throw a lot of customers off seeing as how it is still nTelos branding everywhere else.

• Like 1

I noticed today when leaving work that all the nTelos employees were wearing Sprint lanyards. I'm sure that will throw a lot of customers off seeing as how it is still nTelos branding everywhere else.

Prob. take a drive into town later. 

Ch'ville nTelos Store at the shopping center near airport road going to a Sprint store. Not sure whats happening with the store on Pantops Shopping Center yet. Will find that out thursday.

post-26551-0-82953300-1462761764_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have to admit I was kind of bummed when I found while sitting in the Chinese buffet in Lynchburg on Saturday that I was roaming on US Cellular 1X.  Outside I could just barely snag ShenTelos 1X/EV-DO at -100 dBm.  Definitely a hole that needs filling.  I hope someone from Shentel is reading here!

- Trip

Ch'ville nTelos Store at the shopping center near airport road going to a Sprint store. Not sure whats happening with the store on Pantops Shopping Center yet. Will find that out thursday.

Pantops is closed. Drove by Friday and everything is taken out. Haven't drove by the one at Shoppers World across from the mall yet. From what I was told that Sprint store on the corner near Rio Road is closing and the main store will be Shoppers World.

Pantops is closed. Drove by Friday and everything is taken out. Haven't drove by the one at Shoppers World across from the mall yet. From what I was told that Sprint store on the corner near Rio Road is closing and the main store will be Shoppers World.

That's probably a good call, given that Rio/29th will be a disaster area for a while! [emoji33]

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

That's probably a good call, given that Rio/29th will be a disaster area for a while! [emoji33] Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Ya def a good call there. The 29 rio will be a disaster for awhile. Wonder if that one will be a Corp Store like the one at 29 Rio or not.

I'm heading to Lynchburg on Friday and Saturday. With so many additional people in the city for Liberty's graduation, I'm not too hopeful for a great cellular experience, but I'm hoping I have some usable service to post some pictures.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'm heading to Lynchburg on Friday and Saturday. With so many additional people in the city for Liberty's graduation, I'm not too hopeful for a great cellular experience, but I'm hoping I have some usable service to post some pictures.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I met a family member at the Cracker Barrel on Wards Rd. last Sunday. LTE was there but barely. Pretty much all I had was 3G that was useless due to congestion. If you use 29 coming from Charlottesville I did see a few new LTE sites in Nelson.

• Like 1

Still don't know how to get you guys the log...

Export the log inside the SCP app. Take the excel spreadsheets from the app folder and upload to something like google drive. Then share the files from whatever cloud service with whoever. 

• Like 1

Are we just gonna glance over this?

The telecom giant adds that costs will not increase but coverage will, and nTelos customers with an iPhone 5C or older will get a new iPhone.

I think it goes to show how aggressive Sprint is being about getting customers onto triband devices and more importantly those with CA so that congestion can be relieved.

• Like 2

Hope these logs help!

Besides a few sites you may have found a mistake in the B41 second carrier identification for Boost. Not sure what the PLMN is all the time for Boost meaning if it is a bug that can be fixed.

I believe second carrier B41 for nTelos is 0C,16,20 like B26 sectors.

Did you ever received mine a while back? Was it helpful at all?

Not sure how many logs you have sent in but your name is second to me on B25 but not many for B26 and B41 though.(B25 27, B26 5, and B41 3)