Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

I have noticed that when I return home, my Pixel is connected to T-Mobile (usually 600). The speeds are terrible. I can toggle airplane mode and regain connection to Sprint's 800 or 2600, and the speed picks up.

I have noticed that when I return home, my Pixel is connected to T-Mobile (usually 600). The speeds are terrible. I can toggle airplane mode and regain connection to Sprint's 800 or 2600, and the speed picks up.

Welcome to TMo [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Do you normally have Sprint service at this location? Is it in Shentel market?

Yes to both. Just returned home after being away for a few days, and connected to Sprint B25 as usual.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

This shouldn’t be happening. As a shentel customer you shouldn’t connecting to the TMo network...yet. TMo has been aggressive in getting things switched over and has accidentally sent out network carrier updates to shentel customers. Sprint corporate customers should only be getting these right now. It will prioritize TMo network and might cause you to have poor service in areas that you once had good service in. We just talked about this in a staff meeting today. If it continues to happen contact Sprint/Shentel and let them know.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bbostwick8 said:

No news is good news... perhaps. No details were given at our staff meeting today. :(

Well fiddlesticks, the anticipation/stress is killer for you guys i'm sure.

Got carrier update 41.7.34 on my iPhone 11 don't know what it's about but I also have IOS 14 developer beta....yes, living dangerously! No way with IOS to determine which network I been getting but I assume TMO is available.

Got carrier update 41.7.34 on my iPhone 11 don't know what it's about but I also have IOS 14 developer beta....yes, living dangerously! No way with IOS to determine which network I been getting but I assume TMO is available.
You can go into field test and it will show the plmn (mcc and mnc) along with the band. Either will be able to tell you which you're connected to.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, jonnycando said:

Oh yes forget about that did I 🤪

So are you now on T-Mobile all of the time or perhaps roaming on T-Mobile when Sprint Shentel signal is weak?

Sprint and tmo closely overlap everywhere i go here lately so if i run out of sprint there isn’t any tmo either....so if I can’t have a home signal  I’ll be just as likely roaming on USCelluar or on some mysterious extended network 

oh and i found out that the 92B7468D-663A-4BD3-87B2-2053A5B95E85.png

field test menu is borked in this beta... it loads but displays nothing...oh well it’s early for ios 14, not even warm let alone fully baked 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonnycando said:

Sprint and tmo closely overlap everywhere i go here lately so if i run out of sprint there isn’t any tmo either....so if I can’t have a home signal  I’ll be just as likely roaming on USCelluar or on some mysterious extended network 

field test menu is borked in this beta... it loads but displays nothing...oh well it’s early for ios 14, not even warm let alone fully baked 

Bleeding edge

On 6/27/2020 at 4:56 AM, jonnycando said:

The iOS 13.6 Beta 3 fixes the issue. Just downloaded it this afternoon. 

I am on 14 beta....the morning after I posted the image, the darn thing started working...and I do find that I am on Sprint all the time except when I am definitely roaming...there are places along the James River where I have to be on US Cellular for that's all there is.....however I am getting wall to wall signal in Glasgow, which may be Tmo since I never had anything at there before....except a few seconds of actual Sprint as I pass over the Maury River and intercept the signal out of Buena Vista

1 hour ago, jonnycando said:

I am on 14 beta....the morning after I posted the image, the darn thing started working...and I do find that I am on Sprint all the time except when I am definitely roaming...there are places along the James River where I have to be on US Cellular for that's all there is.....however I am getting wall to wall signal in Glasgow, which may be Tmo since I never had anything at there before....except a few seconds of actual Sprint as I pass over the Maury River and intercept the signal out of Buena Vista

Ah nice. Yeah waiting on iOS 14 Public Beta next month to come out for me to start testing it. Where I’m always at all the towers have both Sprint and T-Mobile. Haven’t roamed in awhile to see if it switches to T-Mobile. Hopefully sometime soon I’ll be able to find out. 

I’m on holiday in SC this week. My daughters iPhone 8 got a carrier update today. Where we are Sprint signal is very low. Her phone is showing AT&T service now [emoji2957]

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jonnycando said:

You can get the 14 developer or public beta profile right now... i dont think Apple is pushing it to 13 testers although i did somehow get pushed from 12 to 13 back when it began. 

When a new iOS comes out (ie 10.0, 11.0 etc.) public beta won’t come out for several weeks after the new iOS number. iOS 14 you can only get the developers beta till about mid July. Been beta testing since iOS 11. 

5 minutes ago, JDP121 said:

When a new iOS comes out (ie 10.0, 11.0 etc.) public beta won’t come out for several weeks after the new iOS number. iOS 14 you can only get the developers beta till about mid July. Been beta testing since iOS 11. 

I did not know how long it took to go from dev to public but i have the dev profile on this phone and public profile on my ipad, and of course i expect my phone will get the next update and there are a few minor glitches which i have submitted so hope to see them addressed...mostly app weirdness as I expect some apps will have to get some updates to work properly with ios 14+

No agreement was reached with TMo. TMo is now n it’s stage to be able to acquire Shentel. I’m not saying this is happening, but we’ve reached that point where it’s possible.

• Sad 2