Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Off of Timberlake near the Kroger

But it appears that it is now back to the .5ish up speeds of a few weeks ago. Something was being tested..:-) But it gives me hope for the future. 

I'm over by 221 and 501. Not much LTE over this way, but its getting better.

At home I pull down about 3-6. Around the northern side of Roanoke I pull max 10 to 12 but that's the best. I have seen 20 before. I'd like to catch them on the act of working on a tower just to watch [emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Liberty's campus in the middle of one of their large  buildings...im getting around 6 down but .42 up. 

Better then it has been. Things are improving :-)

Additionally the building penetration on Band 26 is fantastic..i understand why T-mo was so eager to get some low band spectrum. 

Edited by lburgdavid
  • Like 2

On Liberty's campus in the middle of one of their large  buildings...im getting around 6 down but .42 up. 

Better then it has been. Things are improving :-)

Additionally the building penetration on Band 26 is fantastic..i understand why T-mo was so eager to get some low band spectrum. 

Interesting...once again at around 10:30ish the speed was back down to .5 down. 

That seems like a huge drop in bandwidth to attribute to tower load from the early to mid morning. Any thoughts?

4g went completely off in Roanoke market last night. I can't even get it, unless I put my phone in LTE only mode, but then it won't even place calls....as soon as you dial the dialer app quits...certainly no data. Have to force my phone to stay in EV-DO mode just so I can take and make calls. Ntelos is such a poorly run company, I am suprised Shentel wanted it at any cost!

4g went completely off in Roanoke market last night. I can't even get it, unless I put my phone in LTE only mode, but then it won't even place calls....as soon as you dial the dialer app quits...certainly no data. Have to force my phone to stay in EV-DO mode just so I can take and make calls. Ntelos is such a poorly run company, I am suprised Shentel wanted it at any cost!

My phones work fine... I know it's been spotty

• Like 1

Spotty indeed, back up on 4g with dialing restored, but data speeds all over the map. When it can beat my DSL I put my phone on hot spot mode and rock on, but usually it just does match DSL. Granted I use Cynanogenmod nightlies which are in a persistent beta state, so I am never entirely sure who or what to blame.....

LTE seems to be down for me right now in lynchburg...power cycled, forced to LTE...nothing.

They are definetely still testing LTE out across Lynchburg. In 3-4 weeks, itll be official and we should be getting solid speeds

Well I tested out sprint with a note 5. It kept dropping lte last weekend. It was totally up to date with profile and prl. Now that I'm fully on sprint with the iPhone's they haven't had issues. My brother now has the note 5 and hasn't had any issues so maybe it was the tower.. I'm sitting here at home near Hollins and I got band 41.

08e2082b0b5bfa5bcd2a4da4979a62dc.jpg

Those are the worst speeds I've ever had so far here at home. But it doesn't bother me, I have wifi. Doing a test here and I get such similar speeds

99912edf091fc236bd69d849488cb9fa.jpg

Edited by tekjunkie

Things are still evolving here, judging by my experience driving around C'ville today. When I dropped to 3G, the transition time from eHRPD to EVDO was much quicker, without even exceeding the buffer in my Spotify app. I even transitioned back to LTE without the need for any kind of toggle.

Not sure if this am's mysterious service update is making any difference. (Anyone have a guess as to what that does?)

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

Things are still evolving here, judging by my experience driving around C'ville today. When I dropped to 3G, the transition time from eHRPD to EVDO was much quicker, without even exceeding the buffer in my Spotify app. I even transitioned back to LTE without the need for any kind of toggle.

Not sure if this am's mysterious service update is making any difference. (Anyone have a guess as to what that does?)

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

No idea but things have been all over the place here today. Hit 12 down :-)..averaging around 4-5. 

At one point I think I was picking up a new tower as the signal rating was in the low -90's and I average -105ish at my desk but it lost the connection before I could get up SCP.