LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:LgG2:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgG2

Only shows ZVA, On XDA I believe there is a Beta for the ZVC, LiquidSmooth. Not willing to try it as it seems to have too many bugs right now

NVM I think it is just a port over, but doesnt have ZVC

Liquidsmooth was AOSP. The latest download on 3/18 patched a couple things. Works really well except for an occasional reboot and continued A2DP headaches.

Liquidsmooth was AOSP. The latest download on 3/18 patched a couple things. Works really well except for an occasional reboot and continued A2DP headaches.

Yeah I did a quick check, and saw 4.4.2, realized what it was. I believe I tried it on my Nexus, or a previous device and worked nicely!

I forgot battery life is very nice with the f87 kernel. I think that's the name, ends with 87. I had 18 hours the other day before it went on the charger but still had I think 35% remaining at that point??? I'm anxious to try the official but rooted LG 4.4.2.

• Like 1

Any idea on the time frames from posting to the LG site to OTA Deployment? (Past experiences?) 

I am going to guess that Sprint is going to wait until this Friday to release the OTA.  Get the servers ready for widespread deployment.

• Like 1

So I'm moving stuff on my desk and when I went to move my G2 box I decided to read the back of it and guess what? It says it only works on Sprint 1900mhz lte Lol crazy. Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

I suppose if you got the phone before the spark update, that was all you could connect to straight out of the box. I would assume that the boxes now say all 3 bands.

I am going to guess that Sprint is going to wait until this Friday to release the OTA.  Get the servers ready for widespread deployment.

It isn't deployed directly by Sprint. Most Android phones use the GOTA (Google Over The Air) servers. The only manufacturer that I know of that uses their own server system is HTC.

So LG sends the update to Sprint where it is tested, and then once it passes, the source code is released by LG and Sprint sends the verified and signed update.zip file to Google's GOTA servers to deploy automatically. There isn't any part of getting the servers ready, other than potentially delaying the update by a couple days due to a last minute issue discovered after the update was signed off for release that could cause issues. This rarely happens, and when it does usually the public will never know about it. Really the only thing that may even give that course of events away is a manufacturer releasing source and then it not being deployed.

Just curious, do you guys think that the G2 will get Wifi Calling with this update? What I am really curious about is what makes a device wifi calling compatible? It seems like it is just a question of software, so I am curious why there are specific devices they focus on

Thanks!

Just curious, do you guys think that the G2 will get Wifi Calling with this update? What I am really curious about is what makes a device wifi calling compatible? It seems like it is just a question of software, so I am curious why there are specific devices they focus on

Thanks!

Hope so!!!

Thanks!

Most likely the limitations are primarily software. They also likely are rolling it out across devices slowly so that if major issues occur they can be taken care of on a smaller scale. It also probably requires separate network-side hardware to process the WiFi calls versus the standard network calls of years past, thus requiring more preparation and meaning that they need it in place before rolling it out to more phones.

• Like 1

Why not just set up your own WiFi calling using a SIP client? I can even use it while driving on LTE. If I wanted.

The 4.4.2 used to build AOSP doesn't have WiFi calling so I'm going to take a guess and say it's not included unless it's a LG feature.

• Like 1

Why not just set up your own WiFi calling using a SIP client? I can even use it while driving on LTE. If I wanted.

The 4.4.2 used to build AOSP doesn't have WiFi calling so I'm going to take a guess and say it's not included unless it's a LG feature.

The wifi calling would be a sprint feature they build into the manufacturer software like Tmobiles. AOSP doesn't support it hence why the Nexus 5 doesn't have it on Tmobile nor does the iphone since apple keeps their software closed off and sprint/tmobile can't modify it to put in wifi calling.

I heard the HTC One Max is receiving KitKat via OTA today for Sprint... 

Doesn't look good for us.  Although, I noticed that the Sprint page for the One Max still hasn't updated to show that the OTA was being rolled out.  So who knows...

HTC uses their own servers to do OTA updates so that will not affect anything from Google's servers.

Hoping for tomorrow, but it may not be until Monday that KK is sent out to our G2s.

Mav.  :ninja: 

Doesn't look good for us.  Although, I noticed that the Sprint page for the One Max still hasn't updated to show that the OTA was being rolled out.  So who knows...

Yep it sure is....

HTC One Max on Sprint Gets a Taste of KitKat!

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/03/htc-one-max-sprint-gets-taste-kitkat.html

It would seem HTC may have started on kit kat ahead of LG so that's no surprise since the One received it in January 2014 as far as Sprint devices go. Sprint Spark may have also played a role in it's later release vs non Sprint Spark devices.

HTC uses their own servers to do OTA updates so that will not affect anything from Google's servers.

Hoping for tomorrow, but it may not be until Monday that KK is sent out to our G2s.

Mav.   :ninja:

Wow really, Sprint is going to take it till the end of month, lol. Talk about holding true to their word. Eh no biggie, it would have been nice to get it later tonight or even this weekend but we've waited this long so Monday is just a few more days down the road.

Still looking forward to KIT KAT!! :tu::w00t:

So ive been getting the " unable to establish a data connection" error, but on on 3g. LTE works fine, any one else experience this?

So ive been getting the " unable to establish a data connection" error, but on on 3g. LTE works fine, any one else experience this?

Yeah I get that quite often while on 3G.  Sometimes a very good signal too.  Has been that way for me since the last update.  I'm hoping the KitKat update addresses that.

Yeah I get that quite often while on 3G.  Sometimes a very good signal too.  Has been that way for me since the last update.  I'm hoping the KitKat update addresses that.

Mines been like that for 2 days. How do you fix it? Tried putting another phone on, and putting this back on my account to no avail.

No but I'm noticed today it switching to 3G so I initiated a PRL update brought it back to 4G LTE.

No but I'm noticed today it switching to 3G so I initiated a PRL update brought it back to 4G LTE.

well LTE is working great for me, thanks for b25/b26. Only at work , our site has no b25 yet, so im stuck on evdo,which i cant get data on. Thankfully target has wifi

well LTE is working great for me, thanks for b25/b26. Only at work , our site has no b25 yet, so im stuck on evdo,which i cant get data on. Thankfully target has wifi

Same here I rarely get 3G but for some reason randomly once in a blue moon it does it but for the most part 4G LTE on band 25 since I don't get 41 or 26 in my market even thought I set defaults to priority 1 on band 41 and P2 on band 26 and P3 on band 25 on the hand set.