LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

so I side loaded the update yesterday, and today I noticed that in the ##DATA# screen, if you select "edit" - "priority" is misspelled. Does anyone else see this?

- Rameez

It has always been that way. I've noticed so many typos on this phone since bought it.

Vince

so I side loaded the update yesterday, and today I noticed that in the ##DATA# screen, if you select "edit" - "priority" is misspelled. Does anyone else see this? 

Spelling is not a top "proirity" for Korean "enginerring."

AJ

• Like 6

- Rameez 

OMG...LG still hasn't fixed the spelling of "priority".  Priority has been mispelled since ZV7 firmware.

• Like 1

Quick question: can this update be downloaded and installed if I have a stock g2 unrooted without a computer and just a file manager? I read a few pages back that it just needs to be placed in a /cache/fota folder. Is this true? Does anyone have a direct download link because the one posted doesn't work. I'm growing impatient, and my 14 day clock is ticking. I'm stuck at work without a computer.

Vince

The only problem I found with this method is there is no cache/fota folder

Quick question: can this update be downloaded and installed if I have a stock g2 unrooted without a computer and just a file manager? I read a few pages back that it just needs to be placed in a /cache/fota folder. Is this true? Does anyone have a direct download link because the one posted doesn't work. I'm growing impatient, and my 14 day clock is ticking. I'm stuck at work without a computer.

Vince

The only problem I found with this method is there is no cache/fota folder

What do you mean you don't have a /cache/fota folder?  Do you have root explorer or a file manager.  I see the /cache/fota folder.

You have to be rooted to access the cache so since we are stock unrooted we cant do this.

What do you mean you don't have a /cache/fota folder?  Do you have root explorer or a file manager.  I see the /cache/fota folder.

You could only have them as 1 or 0 before the update correct?

Also if that is true, shouldn't it be from highest band to lowest? That seems to make more sense to me...

-Luis

Thats not actually correct. The 1 or 0 value was binary off or on. Once the phone rebooted it auto assigned the priorities. I still dont have update but I manually enabled all 3 a couple weeks ago. As of right now my band priority is Band 25=1, Band 26=3 and Band 41=3. And this is w/o the update that I've still yet to recieve

Thank you! Can you please select About > Send Diagnostics while you are on band 41 as well? I need to see the details behind the scenes.

-Mike

Done

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Okay, so the Spark icon is one icon.  One is active, one is inactive.  What the XML file does is rotate the icon 90 degrees each time it's active until a full rotation takes place.  Somewhat interesting.  Wonder what kind of fun we can have with that. :P

I can probably remove the Spark icon itself from the XML under the layout cluster.

When I get my phone back I'm going to update IceROM and it'll be using AOSP lockscreen. :P

• Like 3

Is anyone having internet signal issues and cell strength issues after the update to spark? My bars go full then to zero and back. What gives? Also when I now connect to lte spark I can't surf the internet. Only once did the sun burst actually move but still couldn't do anything. Anyone know what's up

Is anyone having internet signal issues and cell strength issues after the update to spark? My bars go full then to zero and back. What gives? Also when I now connect to lte spark I can't surf the internet. Only once did the sun burst actually move but still couldn't do anything. Anyone know what's up

I think a lot of people saw signal drop before the update as well but it didn't prohibit connectivity for the most part. Have you updated your profile and PRL?

The G2 does this when it scans for LTE. I have not recieved the update yet and I notice it. Its just less noticable when you have arrows instead of distracting spinning circles and walmart icons

Mine has done that too, randomly would drop all bars and the 3g icon goes" grey and not spinning" then a few seconds later its normal again.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

The G2 does this when it scans for LTE. I have not recieved the update yet and I notice it. Its just less noticable when you have arrows instead of distracting spinning circles and walmart icons

On I get it now it must see some let signal but nit enough to hook onto it

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Finally upgraded to Spark update last night after having to flash back to stock ZV8.  I set the Band priority to 41>25>26.  It works nice so far and I am able to connect to B41 with ease.  Still not sure what the LTE scan timer is for the device since the option is not there but it doesn't seem like a 5 minute or interval as assumed like in Samsung and HTC devices.  It seemed to connect to quicker at least to B41 LTE sites but I am not sure if this is because the B41 priority is set to highest.

• Like 2

Thank you! Can you please select About > Send Diagnostics while you are on band 41 as well? I need to see the details behind the scenes.

-Mike

Mike...do you need any more data points?  I finally got the Spark update on my device and connected to 2 known B41 LTE sites. I got information where Signalcheck displays 310120 and the LTE engineering menus for the PLMN display 311490 at both B41 LTE sites I was connected to.  I am in the Los Angeles area so I am not sure if these MCC-MNC numbers are region specific.

Mike...do you need any more data points? I finally got the Spark update on my device and connected to 2 known B41 LTE sites. I got information where Signalcheck displays 310120 and the LTE engineering menus for the PLMN display 311490 at both B41 LTE sites I was connected to. I am in the Los Angeles area so I am not sure if these MCC-MNC numbers are region specific.

Hahaha I already PM'd you. :)

-Mike