LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Relax. It's not a letter of what's "right", it's a matter of not releasing an update until it is ready. I'm sure that Sprint and LG would have shipped the phone bug-free and Spark-ready from day one if they could have. You're talking about technology that hadn't ever been deployed on Sprint's network until a couple of months ago, and a large majority of the country still doesn't have access to it.Go outside and enjoy the weather. If the G2 update is the biggest drama in your life, you're doing ok.-Mike

Until I get to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight, this OTA update pretty much was the only thing I survived through this day for. I think I need to drown my sorrows in spicy Asian chili sauce now.

• Like 4

Maybe you guys can help a new guy. Its been at least a year since I've used android. I purchased signal check pro, and this seems strange to me. Almost like I have no voice connection on the phone, yet calls and data both work. Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Only one path at a time. When voice is needed it switches to voice then back to data after the call is done.

Here's something to read up on some of the nuances of the triband devices.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Only one path at a time. When voice is needed it switches to voice then back to data after the call is done.

Here's something to read up on some of the nuances of the triband devices.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

But I'm in Chicago. We don't have that csfb issue

Maybe you guys can help a new guy. Its been at least a year since I've used android. I purchased signal check pro, and this seems strange to me. Almost like I have no voice connection on the phone, yet calls and data both work.

Yep, all the 1x paging (SMS in/out, inbound call setup, etc) is done over LTE.  Once a call kicks in then 1x connects.  Saves on battery and other things.

Yep, all the 1x paging (SMS in/out, inbound call setup, etc) is done over LTE. Once a call kicks in then 1x connects. Saves on battery and other things.

That makes sense. I had a brief stint with an s4 and it used to show voice with the tower address and I liked that. Touchwiz ruined my thoughts on android, but sense is really smooth. Great phone. Can't wait for that spark update.

That makes sense. I had a brief stint with an s4 and it used to show voice with the tower address and I liked that. Touchwiz ruined my thoughts on android, but sense is really smooth. Great phone. Can't wait for that spark update.

Switch it to 3G mode if you want to see where your 1x connection would come from. 

Sense is on HTC phones.  Not sure what LG calls their overlay, but I find it downright hideous.  I prefer the nice look of Android KitKat on the Nexus 5, nice and dark and easy on the eyes.

• Like 1

Maybe you guys can help a new guy. Its been at least a year since I've used android. I purchased signal check pro, and this seems strange to me. Almost like I have no voice connection on the phone, yet calls and data both work.

Your G2 is working as intended and is not an issue with SignalCheck Pro.  Due to the G2 being a single radio path phone, you won't see 1x and EVDO values when you are connected to LTE.  Try going to a 3G only area or enabling CDMA only area and you will see 1x and EVDO values.  This is going to be the new norm so you mind as well get used to it.  Don't try to compare with the GS4, iPhone 5, HTC One, Note 3, etc because they are not single radio path phones.  If you know someone who has a Sprint triband LTE phone, you can ask them to check their SignalCheck Pro app and it will report only LTE values if you have a LTE connection.

Switch it to 3G mode if you want to see where your 1x connection would come from. 

Sense is on HTC phones.  Not sure what LG calls their overlay, but I find it downright hideous.  I prefer the nice look of Android KitKat on the Nexus 5, nice and dark and easy on the eyes.

I have always preferred AOSP framework - but LG UI imo is a step up from Samsung's Touchwiz.  I don't really like Moto UI either, the giant gap for WiFi bothers me.  I will say though, Sense looks pretty nice.

EDIT: LG UI is called 'Optimus'

• Like 1

I am loving the latest CM11! It makes me feel like I have a N5, just with the amazing G2 hardware. :-)

And I can test my 1x speeds by forcing 1x!

Posted Image

Jan 24 build is SMOOTH. So far everything works. Not sure about GPS. Maps can find my location but certain GPS apps can't find satellites. So Idk.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I am loving the latest CM11! It makes me feel like I have a N5, just with the amazing G2 hardware. :-)

And I can test my 1x speeds by forcing 1x!

Posted Image

Jan 24 build is SMOOTH. So far everything works. Not sure about GPS. Maps can find my location but certain GPS apps can't find satellites. So Idk.

Sent from my LG-LS980

The stock build can't do that? Wow.. I would be stuck as all the phones I have used I could force 1x. Really a requirement for the druthers my market it is in as LTE and Evdo will be dead and forcing 1x is the only choice.

• Like 1

The stock build can't do that? Wow.. I would be stuck as all the phones I have used I could force 1x. Really a requirement for the druthers my market it is in as LTE and Evdo will be dead and forcing 1x is the only choice.

There's probably a method within the hidden dialer settings but there's no toggle under network mode on stock ROM. I get good lte in most areas but it is cool to force 1x now.

Sent from my LG-LS980

There's probably a method within the hidden dialer settings but there's no toggle under network mode on stock ROM. I get good lte in most areas but it is cool to force 1x now.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Does SCP still show the LTE PCI and GCI?

• Like 1

Hope this person is wrong. I would be upset and probably trade this for a nexus 5 or flex. What has me worried is LG has some of the worst software update support around and I like Sprint but we all know they are the king making announcement dates and not keeping promises. Wont panic until its official from Sprint though. Then again with band 26 being so scarce right now it doesnt matter anyway by March 31st it would be better hopefully.

uploadfromtaptalk1390660685632.jpg

Spark update is not looking good for January

There may not be much band 26 around, but there is plenty of band 41 and I would like to use the Triband capability that I bought this phone for. Hopefully this is just another case of SprintCare not really having real information available. The last official word I have read from Sprint said the end of this month.

• Like 1

I like LG myself but they are the worst of the big three android manufacturers in the US for updates.... I want the G2 personally myself... But got the ONE max and will check out the flex when it becomes available... You would think the flex ad G2 would be similar enouh to get the update out....(´・_・`)

Thays my thing how can they put it out on the flex before the g2 that dont make any sense at all. I mean i know they havent had tri band phones forever but this is a little overboard when your gonna release another phone by the same manufacter with the update on it.