LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Thinking of switching from my 5s to a g2. Does anyone have a concrete answer as to when the spark update will rollout? Or is still just rumors. How does the g2 perform on band 41 without the update? Thanks.

Comon man, 5S < G2 by long shot.... forget about the update, you'll surely forget all about the iPhone when you get G2.  I'm not saying that because I think the iPhone is a joke... but I actually turned a long time iPhone user to G2 (during the free deal at Best Buy) and she is very Very VERY happy and misses nothing having to do with iOS.  :tu:  :tu:

• Like 4

I am actually kind of glad that other people are having trouble with the sound quality through the bluetooth... I thought it was just me. I really hopes that it gets fixed soon though.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming.  I thought it was only me and I was going to request a replacement soon.  Guess I'll hold off.

• Like 1

I don't see anything yet mentioning the Spark update on the Sprint site.

The last OTA was posted at 11:36am. We'll see if anything posted by 1pm. Otherwise we should assume it's not today.

Here's another page you can check in the mean time.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:LgG2:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgG2

Sent from my LG-LS980

The last OTA was posted at 11:36am. We'll see if anything posted by 1pm. Otherwise we should assume it's not today.

Here's another page you can check in the mean time.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:LgG2:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgG2

Sent from my LG-LS980

Is the time PST, CST, MST, EST? What time zone was the 11:36 am?

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 4

Hey can you actually download those files from there?

Not really for what you are thinking of, its released due to the license of Android. Nothing more.

Wait for the update to hit someone's phone, then they will either post the update link to Google's server or the update zip itself. You can then take the file yourself and apply the update as long as you haven't modified any system files it will pass and update everything. It's like forcing the OTA early.

• Like 1

I'm sure this isn't something new, likely in the specs, but tinkering with my Ubiquiti airrouter helped me discover that the LG G2 won't connect if you set wireless to 40mHz. Has to be either 20/40, or 20 mHz wide channel. The G2 would see the airrouter, but trying to connect just wouldn't work at all while set to 40 mHz.

• Like 1

I'm sure this isn't something new, likely in the specs, but tinkering with my Ubiquiti airrouter helped me discover that the LG G2 won't connect if you set wireless to 40mHz. Has to be either 20/40, or 20 mHz wide channel. The G2 would see the airrouter, but trying to connect just wouldn't work at all while set to 40 mHz.

That's due to Ubiquiti, when in that mode it freaks out many 20mhz only devices.

That's due to Ubiquiti, when in that mode it freaks out many 20mhz only devices.

Learn something new every day, thanks..I sure didn't know that. I set it to 40 the other day, haven't paid much attention until I kept getting complaints from family saying things wouldn't connect...so I went back and made the change.

I did get notice of a FW update today, but it obviously didn't fix the issue because even after the 5.5.8 FW none of my devices would connect, and changing to 20mhz solved it.

I'm in a new beta with a range extender..and I sat the beta range extender in the same spot as my Ubiq Loco M2...and I pick up more signal than the Ubi puts out...I was a little shocked to see that. I noticed with my G2 that even 200ft from the range extender, I still see the Asus_EXT network that it's broadcasting, and the G2 says it's "fair" signal..

Must be a decent radio in the G2 from all I've seen. I pick up wifi AP's that I know for sure are almost 1/5 of a mile from me.

So what does that exzactly mean by the source code is posted that lg has released the software to sprint? I sure hope so shouldnt be no reason why it shouldnt.

HTC has a great page showing a diagram of the update process. It helps explain why a Nexus (or an iPhone, if you think of it) gets updates immediately, but it takes months for a new Android version to make its way to provider-specific devices:

http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/

The process for non-OS updates is similar. LG posting source code may or may not be a sign that a public update is imminent. Sprint has to test and certify it before that happens. I don't see why LG would publicly post code from an update that has not been certified yet (and therefore might not be released), but who knows.

-Mike

• Like 1

Has anyone seen a update yet?? I was almost certain we would see some today with them releasing the g flex capable out the box and everything im gonna be upset a little if we dont get a update before peole start getting the g flex i think its only right for them to get it pushed asap.

Has anyone seen a update yet?? I was almost certain we would see some today with them releasing the g flex capable out the box and everything im gonna be upset a little if we dont get a update before peole start getting the g flex i think its only right for them to get it pushed asap.

Relax. It's not a letter of what's "right", it's a matter of not releasing an update until it is ready. I'm sure that Sprint and LG would have shipped the phone bug-free and Spark-ready from day one if they could have. You're talking about technology that hadn't ever been deployed on Sprint's network until a couple of months ago, and a large majority of the country still doesn't have access to it.

Go outside and enjoy the weather. If the G2 update is the biggest drama in your life, you're doing ok.

-Mike

• Like 3