LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

The sprint store repair rep says they have seen a number of cracked screens on the G2.  The other thing he mentioned was the digitizer is integrated into the glass so it always fails if the screen cracks.  There is only a small window of the screen that still has some touch sensitivity.  I would like to wipe the data from the phone before I send it in but I cannot hit the reset button.

Power and Vol Down when the phone is off will boot into recovery, let go when the LG logo appears. Then volume to scroll, power to select.

Just saying..

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif tmp_Screenshot_2014-01-06-09-21-09-1836372207.png

Exactly! ^ wth. I'll have the thing replaced again if need be. I make it a day which is all I really need since I plug it in anyways. I still feel like it should be a LOT better than this.

Not really exactly though, it means nothing without knowing how much use the phone saw, such as screen on time. I'm not saying the phone being on battery that long isn't great, but I am sayin, don't assume you have a lemon.

Get GSam Battery stats (it's free) and look at what is going on. Also, if location services is that high, and you aren't using anything that needs it, then turn off GPS and possibly location services all together.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Exactly! ^ wth. I'll have the thing replaced again if need be. I make it a day which is all I really need since I plug it in anyways. I still feel like it should be a LOT better than this.

Battery drain is usually a result of software, not hardware. Some background Google services might spike here and there when you initially activate a device or something is upgraded (some Google services update silently in the background without any user knowledge or interaction). Give it a couple of days to settle down and average out.

If you're seeing issues after swapping devices, it's even less likely to be hardware-related. Are you often roaming or in poor signal areas? That decreases battery life. Do you ever connect to Wi-Fi? That helps increase battery life. Screen brightness and sleep times also affect it.

-Mike

• Like 1

It has almost completely to do with signal strength and good software coding. If I am in an area with weak signal or 3G only, it drains the battery like a fat girl drains a milkshake. Over the weekend, I am usually home or at a client's house a few miles away. There are two 4G towers just a mile from each location with line of sight, so I keep a strong signal. Weekday afternoons I am at an elementary school made of thick concrete block with a metal roof. My battery gets hammered for the 4 hours I spend there. Also, check the apps that are running in the settings>apps>running menu. You can see the heavy offenders. If I see apps that bleed a lot of resources, I either close or eventually delete them. It seems about 30-40% of my battery is drained from Google location services. I hear that Google Now is really bad on battery life.

• Like 6

I have my gps off and do spend my day connected to wifi when I'm at work although my lte signal goes in and out. It's just weird because my first one never used to have these kind of issues. The battery was rock solid.

Idk how much longer I plan to keep this one anyways. Whenever I go to hang up a call the screen will just stay black until the other person hangs up. I've reset it multiple times and nada.

So can anyone tell me whats the latest version that sprint is testing now? And isnt the g flex coming spark enabled so you would think it would be ready atleast a week before its release date?

According to this site, it is still ZVA.  I would hope that they are not testing any more builds if it is rumored to be released on the 24th which is only 3 days away.

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

Thanks for the update i was wondering cause i remeber someone saying there was a zv9 on there one day. I hope its the 24th!!!! I hope lg is going to do better with there new phones about updates that was one of the things i was kind of worried about when i got it but i love this phone.

Not necessarily. The only way to know is to check the rtn menu once the phone is on. Even when replaced at the store level it will say refurbished but I've seen plenty of them be new phones.

My TEP replacement G2 showed up. Would a refurb have different packaging? This one is sealed in the same packaging as my new one was. Haven't activated it yet but will check the rtn menu then.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

My wife and I just switched to a Framily plan. We upgraded to G2s very recently, so it makes sense to get the monthly savings with lower priced non-contract phone options becoming more prevalent.

We're looking for people to join, if they'll let exisiting customers join. People's success has been mixed, but it's worth a shot. Would definitely like to have people from this community in it!

Just call customer service and ask to join group V00146261yI (case sensitive, last letter capital "eye") and verify using the last 4 of my phone number 1056. PM with any questions!

Here's the link for more info: https://now.sprint.com/framily/

My TEP replacement G2 showed up. Would a refurb have different packaging? This one is sealed in the same packaging as my new one was. Haven't activated it yet but will check the rtn menu then.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Most refurbs come in sprint boxes. New ones come in original packaging or white boxes.

In rtn it will say reconditioned status. That will tell you what it is.

Lucky me. I get phones for full retail taken out of my commission so I have a nexus 5 waiting for me at work just waiting for paperwork to clear. We shall see how the N5 fairs once it's up and running. I'm so glad to be moving away from this inconsistency.

My wife and I just switched to a Framily plan. We upgraded to G2s very recently, so it makes sense to get the monthly savings with lower priced non-contract phone options becoming more prevalent.

We're looking for people to join, if they'll let exisiting customers join. People's success has been mixed, but it's worth a shot. Would definitely like to have people from this community in it!

Just call customer service and ask to join group V00146261yI (case sensitive, last letter capital "eye") and verify using the last 4 of my phone number 1056. PM with any questions!

Here's the link for more info: https://now.sprint.com/framily/

Existing accounts cannot join a Framily plan... with one exception. Some accounts have offers loaded for each of the lines allowing them an exception to join an existing Framily plan. Only those lines can be migrated over. Otherwise the system is setup to automatically migrate them back off of the merged Framily account back to a new Framily ID as they should have been.

As far as I know, only retail systems will show these offers loaded, but I'm not 100% sure on that part.

All the sudden my signal check pro app has stopped showing signal it says mobile data active but as far as the rest is blank.?? Im puzzled about this haha.

Did you turn off location services? It needs it. 

All the sudden my signal check pro app has stopped showing signal it says mobile data active but as far as the rest is blank.?? Im puzzled about this haha.

Like mrrogers1 said, check mobile location services.. if that doesn't work, hit About > Send Diagnostics and it will send me a report that might show what the problem is.

-Mike