LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

The sprint store repair rep says they have seen a number of cracked screens on the G2.  The other thing he mentioned was the digitizer is integrated into the glass so it always fails if the screen cracks.  There is only a small window of the screen that still has some touch sensitivity.  I would like to wipe the data from the phone before I send it in but I cannot hit the reset button.

Thats the power of a G2! Is there any smartphone with better battery life?

Not that I know of.... here is a screenie of team d3rp dev solver404's battery stats, he's been busy and not on phone too much the last few days so he figured he'd see how far our d3rpG2 RLS1 rom goes with optimized kernel (Stock CPU clock speed, Interactive governor.) by NIN. It's pretty amazing just how well rounded this device is.  We don't have to sacrifice ANY performance for battery life and the performance is balls to the wall from start to finish. :)

The benchmark is my device on our rom, NIN kernel (stock cpu clock and governor)

1390255096751.jpg    a4amuzy9.jpg

• Like 1

The Galaxy Note 3.

I think the various flavors of the G2 perform differently, yet many of these tests assume they are the same.  On the other hand, stlman314 might be like a Prius owner who gets 80mpg ( the best of the best (Sir!) at squeezing the most out the battery, or it could be golden, or both).

Only thing that could be better is Tri-band signals to use!  The battery life shot was from being off the charger from 7am until night time, and I am a heavy user; averaging 7-15GB of monthly mobile data alone.  And I'm a talk & texter too  :rasp:.

29w5w9i.png

2h7nayq.png

-William

• Like 2

Only thing that could be better is Tri-band signals to use! The battery life shot was from being off the charger from 7am until night time, and I am a heavy user; averaging 7-15GB of monthly mobile data alone. And I'm a talk & texter too :rasp:.

-William

I do love this phone. Only gripe is signal quality isn't as strong as S4T or N5 but the pros outweigh the negatives on this device. :-)

Sent from my LG-G2

I do love this phone. Only gripe is signal quality isn't as strong as S4T or N5 but the pros outweigh the negatives on this device. :-)

Sent from my LG-G2

I hope that we have an update soon for Tri-band support, and that we have long term support as well. 

• Like 2

Supposedly sometime this month we'll get an OTA for Spark. (Rumor is the 24th.)

Sent from my LG-G2

I would be so happy when people start reporting OTA messages on their phones on the rumored 24th date.  I hope that still remains true.

• Like 2

A few things I noticed when I hunt for new LTE on my G2. The first is that when a new tower is accepted and only speeds are likely to be under 10mpbs on download and under 7 on upload especially in rural areas. The second thing I noticed is new tower always have the eCSFB issue and is fixed remotely anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month after the tower has been updated. The upgrade can happen at anytime. One tower that i seen the update happened at 3am in the morning.

So can anyone tell me whats the latest version that sprint is testing now? And isnt the g flex coming spark enabled so you would think it would be ready atleast a week before its release date?

A few things I noticed when I hunt for new LTE on my G2. The first is that when a new tower is accepted and only speeds are likely to be under 10mpbs on download and under 7 on upload especially in rural areas. The second thing I noticed is new tower always have the eCSFB issue and is fixed remotely anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month after the tower has been updated. The upgrade can happen at anytime. One tower that i seen the update happened at 3am in the morning.

That sucks man, we have been seeing (because I have been able to personally report on acceptance day and follow up after) eCSFB software deployment between 12 and 48hr max in our Omaha/Lincoln NE market.

We also have all 3G/800 accepted towers we're working with here so no legacy equipment beside 3 towers between the 2 Cities.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Even with everything frozen or deleted on my phone through greenify and titanium backup I still only get a day with moderate use. When I first got the phone I got almost 2 days. Ideas?

Freezing apps and services means nothing if you replace with others that are worse. It's impossible to give any answer without knowing what apps you run and also knowing how much screen time vs on battery time would be good. They GSam Battery (as seen in my screens) to narrow down and see a trend of your battery use. I normally go 19-22hr on battery with 5-6hr of screen on time. That's phenomenal really, in my book, but YMMV. :)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk