LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Nope because I have confidence that Sprint can fix the RF issues on the G2.  They use the same chip anyways.  Even if the G Flex has a better signal by 2-5 dBm, it is not enough to sway me.

Oh, come on.  The baseband chipset is not the whole issue.  The entire RF front end -- baseband, power amps, antennas -- affects handset performance.  If you are not happy with the LG G2 in that regard, it is not likely to improve.

AJ

I'm sure you know how the G2 fairs with RF.

Lg Flex

PCS CDMA/EVDO - 24.11dBm

LTE Band 25 - 23.38 dBm

LTE Band 26 - 23.91 dBm

LTE Band 41 - 23.19 dBm

LG G2

PCS CDMA/EVDO - 24.80 dBm

LTE Band 25 - 23.49 dBm

LTE Band 26 - 24.48 dBm

LTE Band 41 - 21.34 dBm

I know this has been posted earlier (N5 vs G2). Does lower dbm's equal better rf performance?

The nexus 5 had worse band 25 but we all know how that turned out. I take fcc docs with a grsain of salt until the spark update proves otherwise.

Lg Flex

PCS CDMA/EVDO - 24.11dBm

LTE Band 25 - 23.38 dBm

LTE Band 26 - 23.91 dBm

LTE Band 41 - 23.19 dBm

LG G2

LTE Band 25 - 23.49 dBm

LTE Band 26 - 24.48 dBm

LTE Band 41 - 21.34 dBm

Lg Flex

PCS CDMA/EVDO - 24.11dBm

LTE Band 25 - 23.38 dBm

LTE Band 26 - 23.91 dBm

LTE Band 41 - 23.19 dBm

LG G2

LTE Band 25 - 23.49 dBm

LTE Band 26 - 24.48 dBm

LTE Band 41 - 21.34 dBm

Like the fact that you are measuring each band.  Interesting that band 41 fares so much better on the G2.  Other reports have stated that the G2 is much better (tops) at bandwidth than the rf would indicate.

I agree with ericdabbs on firmware, but think it will take several updates.  The network is also changing.  Maybe by summer we can get a better picture on RF and bandwidth per band with NV.

I just hope that the upcoming G2 firmware update retains the IOT(CDG2) | LTE setting | UE usage | data centric mode (often call "LTE Only") and the ability to set band priorities.  The ability to turn off band 25 LTE disappeared in the last firmware update.

I really like the tri-band philosophy and enjoy band 41 performance and anxiously await band 26 (800) LTE.

As long as my G2 keep worjing great the only thing i wish i had was either a batter case or kraken case but i love my aet up now fixed all the otterboxes issues.

Although i have enabled the other two lte bands will signalcheck pro tell wich one im on? I dout anywhere in SC has the other two but who knows?

So is Sprint going to roll out the spark update to everyone even if spark is not fully functioning? Or for that matter lte not up yet in Denver.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It goes to everyone. They don't roll out updates only by geographic area, because people often travel to other areas.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Ok I figured. Thanks again. You and many others on here are very helpful with great information. I have now been so interested and fascinated with basically how cell phones work and what it takes for carriers to work. I didn't realize how much is involved especially with this new nv project. Very cool

Although i have enabled the other two lte bands will signalcheck pro tell wich one im on? I dout anywhere in SC has the other two but who knows?

Still working on that, but for now you can use the app to get a strong hint of which band you are on.

For Band 41, you will likely see the LTE MCC-MNC (number in parenthesis on the LTE provider line) change to 311490 or 311870, and the provider name inside the app will show as Sprint*.

For Band 26, there are preliminary indications that the GCI does not end in 01/02/03.. but it is VERY early in the rollout so that is not confirmed yet.

-Mike

Does the provider name in the status bar have any significance? Like while roaming, it says (Verizon)*, I never paid close attention to the * before, curious if that has purpose. Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Must have been connected to Verizon Spark.

• Like 2

Does the provider name in the status bar have any significance? Like while roaming, it says (Verizon)*, I never paid close attention to the * before, curious if that has purpose.

The asterisk indicates that connection is flagged as roaming; it should appear whenever your system signal bars have the triangle. Mostly just helps identify which connections the roaming triangle is referring to, because you could be roaming on 1X but not EV-DO, and vice versa.

It's completely separate from my indicator on Sprint band 26/41, although I can see how that might be confusing. It's not possible, but if it was, it would appear as (Sprint*)* in that case. I just wanted to add something subtle yet noticeable to draw attention to the fact that it might be a Spark connection without getting too specific in case it's wrong (I'm still trying to figure out the best way to reliably identify Spark).

-Mike

• Like 1

Has anyone seen if the software update for lg g2 being tested internally has changed since zva from zv9? Hopefully we will get the update soon. You would think that it is close because of the g flex is coming out with it and is going to be available the 31st online so i figure should be good to go atleast a week before the release of that device for us?

Just got this text from sprint....

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1 Reply S to stop

Wonder what it could mean??

I guess spark is really close?? That's about all I got.. Sorry for getting off topic..

Hey, don't worry about getting "Off topic". You're right on it! If they launch more markets for Spark within this month, and we get the spark update in a week. I think a lot of people with the G2 will be happy. :) I know i am excited.

I am sorry to ask but what is the name of the signal checker app in the play store that is referred many times in this thread?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/

• Like 3

Well my G2 didn’t survive a 2’ drop.  Pretty fragile.  I considered replacing the screen myself, but the cheapest I could find a replacement screen/digitizer/lcd was $100.  I usually don’t keep TEP on my phones but somehow it was added when I activated the phone and I hadn’t gotten around to cancelling it yet.  The $150 deductible seems pretty steep, but I originally got the phone free (Best Buy pricematched their after Black Friday sale) plus I got a $50 gift card so I guess I’m still only into the phone for $100 total.  One positive thing about Asurion TEP is they are fast.  My phone was sent out within hours of filing the claim and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  Seems pretty fast for being on a weekend and a holiday Monday.  I’m assuming it will be refurbished though??photo.jpg

Well my G2 didn’t survive a 2’ drop.  Pretty fragile.  I considered replacing the screen myself, but the cheapest I could find a replacement screen/digitizer/lcd was $100.  I usually don’t keep TEP on my phones but somehow it was added when I activated the phone and I hadn’t gotten around to cancelling it yet.  The $150 deductible seems pretty steep, but I originally got the phone free (Best Buy pricematched their after Black Friday sale) plus I got a $50 gift card so I guess I’m still only into the phone for $100 total.  One positive thing about Asurion TEP is they are fast.  My phone was sent out within hours of filing the claim and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  Seems pretty fast for being on a weekend and a holiday Monday.  I’m assuming it will be refurbished though??

Ya it may be a refurb. I cringe every time my phone falls on the floor, I don't know if I can trust it being in an otterbox defender either.

Ya it may be a refurb. I cringe every time my phone falls on the floor, I don't know if I can trust it being in an otterbox defender either.

I had my g2 in a defender and dropped it from my head(walking and a guy bumped my arm) and it survived even though it landed face down. And a few 2 to 4 ft drops when it slipped and i couldnt catch it but i switched out of the defender for now. Im waiting for trident to make a kraken case for this phone, imo its a littke better quality than the defender but each to there own i guess. Btw i have a ballistic sg case and love it with a zagg hd.

I just have a cheap TPU flexible case for this phone but I didn't have it on that day.  The bezel on this phone is so thin that there is basically no protection plus it is pretty rigid constructed.  I think a case is pretty much required for this phone for drop protection from any height.  It was just a short fall from the seat of the car but it landed right on the corner.  I have dropped other phones without cases from much higher.