MacinJosh

LG G Flex LS995

The LG G Flex has self healing and is pretty durable withstanding a 32 kg weight as well as a human elbow and sitting on it.  Interesting video to watch.  Personally I think the LG G Flex is more interesting than the Samsung Galaxy Round since it seems to bring more to the table.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/11/13/lg-g-flex-video-highlights-self-healing-scratch-resistant-design/

Another interesting thing is that the LG G Flex looks to have the same multiwindow feature as Samsung which LG calls Dual Window.  I hope LG doesn't get sued for it and can use it because that is the one feature that I liked about Samsung phones and hoping it gets brought to the LG without issues.  I really liked the Samsung multiwindow feature and I hope to see this feature brought to the LG G Flex and hopefully the LG G2 in the Android 4.4 KitKat update. Watch from the 0:50 - 1:20 mark.  What is also great is that the LG G Flex will be the first LG smartphone that will contain a microUSB 3.0 port.

I wonder when this thing will hit the FCC.  I really hope this is triband LTE device at this point and Sprint Spark available out of the box.

I wonder when this thing will hit the FCC. I really hope this is triband LTE device at this point and Sprint Spark available out of the box.

I hope so too Eric. And I hope it'll be available before the end of the year.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder when this thing will hit the FCC.  I really hope this is triband LTE device at this point and Sprint Spark available out of the box.

I hope so too Eric. And I hope it'll be available before the end of the year.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/20/lg-g-flex-for-sprint-reaches-the-fcc/

• Like 2

AWWWWWEEEESOMEE.  Can't wait to play with it.  I hear its also has microUSB 3.0 too so that will be LG's first smartphone using microUSB 3.0.  I just hope it comes preinstalled with the Dual Window feature for multitasking.  What LG really should do is bring that Dual Window feature to the LG G2 in the KitKat update.

AWWWWWEEEESOMEE.  Can't wait to play with it.  I hear its also has microUSB 3.0 too so that will be LG's first smartphone using microUSB 3.0.  I just hope it comes preinstalled with the Dual Window feature for multitasking.  What LG really should do is bring that Dual Window feature to the LG G2 in the KitKat update.

I'm just glad it's Tri band, the more of those available the better.

I'm just glad it's Tri band, the more of those available the better.

At this point, I would be highly shocked if there were any more high end LTE smartphones that were still single band.  The top 3 OEMs for Android phones: LG, HTC and Samsung have showed that they are making triband LTE phones from this point forward.  The Note 3 for whatever reason was an anomaly but was probably in the works since Spring 2013 so it was borderline.

At this point, I would be highly shocked if there were any more high end LTE smartphones that were still single band.  The top 3 OEMs for Android phones: LG, HTC and Samsung have showed that they are making triband LTE phones from this point forward.  The Note 3 for whatever reason was an anomaly but was probably in the works since Spring 2013 so it was borderline.

I would too, but my point is that the more Tri band phone Sprint sells the more likely the average consumer will end up with one, thus giving them a better experience. 

• Like 2

I dont know if anyone found out already but it's Tri Band :D

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/20/lg-g-flex-for-sprint-reaches-the-fcc/

EDIT: damn it seems it was already posted :(

HAHA..nickel beat you to it.  But yes it looks to be a solid device.  Triband LTE support.

If this has been post sorry for a dupe and kill thread.

http://feedly.com/k/Ihp5Bl

From Engadget

< nothing to see here, move along >

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4889-lg-g-flex/?hl=%2Blg+%2Bflex

If this has been post sorry for a dupe and kill thread.

http://feedly.com/k/Ihp5Bl

From Engadget

< nothing to see here, move along >

Yes the Sprint LG G Flex is triband LTE.

HAHA..nickel beat you to it.  But yes it looks to be a solid device.  Triband LTE support.

So, which thread are we going to use, this one or the LS995 one?

So, which thread are we going to use, this one or the LS995 one?

I think the responses in the two threads should be combined and the title of the thread is changed to "LG G Flex (LS995)"

• Like 2

Why-yyy so many G Flex threads?

Try-yyy a search first.

These G Flex threads are getting merged...

AJ

Why-yyy so many G Flex threads?

Try-yyy a search first.

These G Flex threads are getting merged...

AJ

Yes please merge the threads but rename the title of the thread to be "LG G Flex"

• Like 1

Yes please merge the threads but rename the title of the thread to be "LG G Flex"

Correction, "LG G Flex [Tri band]"

• Like 1

Correction, "LG G Flex [Tri band]"

Quite astute I might add.

• Like 1

Evleaks posted a picture of a Spark enabled G Flex coming to Sprint.

• Like 2

I think i will wait for the reflex

Quite astute I might add.

Not to be mistaken for ass toot. :lol:

And now it appears that we have a launch date for Sprint: available online on Jan 31st and in store on Feb 7th. Sprint gets it first! :tu:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/curved-lg-g-flex-smartphone-coming-to-sprint-january-31

Edited by PDXmike
  • Like 2

I think I may pick up a G Flex to try on AT&T once they drop down to about $350.  It may be soon since LG devices don't hold their value.   :clock:

Robert

• Like 1

I'm thinking about picking one up as well. The idea of a curved, flexible form factor is intriguing, so I will definitely be checking it out once it hits the stores.