UICC Compatibility Matrix

halcyoncmdr

I've seen some threads recently about the differences between SIM/UICCs and though posting a compatibility matrix would help people.

This is pretty straightforward. The matrix has every Sprint LTE device, and what UICC card is meant for that device. Mix and matching UICC card types probably will not work, but swapping around UICC cards for devices that use the same type of card should work properly.

Keep in mind, you cannot simply move your UICC card to another phone to use it. Sprint's device authentication system still requires the correct UICC and MEID to be on the account to authenticate properly and work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yq3Qupa_dLlmNURbl2CBaAZjz0dntfZc12r57Y1FrwA/pubhtml

Last updated February 21st, 2014

Added LG G Flex.

• Like 8

I've seen some threads recently about the differences between SIM/UICCs and though posting a compatibility matrix would help people.

This is pretty straightforward. The matrix has every Sprint LTE device, and what UICC card is meant for that device. Mix and matching UICC card types probably will bnot work properly, but swapping around UICC cards for devices that use the same type of card should work properly.

Keep in mind, you cannot simply move your UICC card to another phone to use it. Sprint's device authentication system still requires the correct UICC and MEID to be on the account to authenticate properly and work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtNVEqz3vqzmdDNiMnozYnB2V1VSdVpGVmNVNlNiRWc&usp=sharing#gid=0

I wonder what the difference is between v1 and v2 of the CSIM cards.

CZ2104LWC SIMGLW406C Worldwide 4FF removable with CSIM

CZ2114LWC SIMGLW416C Worldwide 4FF removable with CSIM v2

Even the devices (right now only the iPhone 5S and 5C) with CSIM support require the MEID to be in the system? I thought for CSIM all the information needed for it to authenticate on a CDMA network was stored on the card?

Even the devices (right now only the iPhone 5S and 5C) with CSIM support require the MEID to be in the system? I thought for CSIM all the information needed for it to authenticate on a CDMA network was stored on the card?

Yes, even they need to have the MEID active and correct to work properly. Just because the phone and UICC support CSIM, that doesn't necessarily mean that Sprint's network is setup to allow CSIM-only authentication.

• Like 1

Yes, even they need to have the MEID active and correct to work properly. Just because the phone and UICC support CSIM, that doesn't necessarily mean that Sprint's network is setup to allow CSIM-only authentication.

So how does Verizon do this?  Do they not check to make sure the MEID is active and correct?

Are they working on it? Do you know?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Are they working on it? Do you know?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

No idea. I just work retail. They don't tell us anything, just like the care reps. Those decisions are way above my pay grade (although I'm totally willing to make those decisions and pay if they want, hehe).

• 3 weeks later...

This is pretty straightforward. The matrix has every Sprint LTE device, and what UICC card is meant for that device. Mix and matching UICC card types probably will bnot work properly, but swapping around UICC cards for devices that use the same type of card should work properly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtNVEqz3vqzmdDNiMnozYnB2V1VSdVpGVmNVNlNiRWc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Are CZ2101LTR & CZ2102LWR interchangeable? Reason i ask is Sprint is sending me the 2102 for a Kyocera Torque. 

Actually they are sending this. 

SIMCARD LTEGSM 3FF USIM REMOV

I'll see if I can get the RMS SKUs for these cards as well since those are missing from my matrix. I have them on the baggies in store we keep the SIM/UICC cards in, I just didn't put them in the matrix, guess that was a mistake.  :P

I'm not sure if putting a world-mode GSM/LTE UICC in the phone will cause an issue compared to the domestic LTE-only one.

Any update on what model SIM card used in the LG G2?

Nothing official I've seen, just rumor and speculation mostly. The UICC cards don't really state on the card themselves what model they are... it's on the card the UICC comes attached (that doesn't usually come with the phone, only with replacement cards).

I'll see if I can get the RMS SKUs for these cards as well since those are missing from my matrix. I have them on the baggies in store we keep the SIM/UICC cards in, I just didn't put them in the matrix, guess that was a mistake.  :P

I'm not sure if putting a world-mode GSM/LTE UICC in the phone will cause an issue compared to the domestic LTE-only one.

Nothing official I've seen, just rumor and speculation mostly. The UICC cards don't really state on the card themselves what model they are... it's on the card the UICC comes attached (that doesn't usually come with the phone, only with replacement cards).

Thanks I appreciate it. The guy who activated the Torque through chat said that he was able to somehow get the SIM Serial Number from the order and place it onto the phone in my account. Hopefully the SIM number he entered will match the one that is coming wednesday or i will have to get them to fix it.

Thanks I appreciate it. The guy who activated the Torque through chat said that he was able to somehow get the SIM Serial Number from the order and place it onto the phone in my account. Hopefully the SIM number he entered will match the one that is coming wednesday or i will have to get them to fix it.

All new devices have SIMs preinstalled, the SIM SKU is not listed on the box either for all other Sprint devices, just the number itself for the card. I doubt the G2 would be different in that regard just because it can be.

When I've tried that in the past, SNAP/FDT refused to activate it, saying the UICC was incompatible. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what I tried.

Ok, so I got the UPC codes added from the master matrix. I've also started adding new models into the matrix like the G2, Mega, etc. that aren't in the master yet. If we can get true confirmation of what card is compatible with these devices I'll add it to the matrix.

Ok, so I got the UPC codes added from the master matrix. I've also started adding new models into the matrix like the G2, Mega, etc. that aren't in the master yet. If we can get true confirmation of what card is compatible with these devices I'll add it to the matrix.

You need to make a small fix on the "Samsung" Nexus 5.

Thanks for maintaining this list.  It is both interesting and helpful.

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint would not allow me to activate the Worldwide sim on the Torque. Sucks.

You need to make a small fix on the "Samsung" Nexus 5.

Thanks for maintaining this list.  It is both interesting and helpful.

AJ

Thank you.

yes thank you for the list, but the nexus 5 is made by LG not samsung :)

Thanks.

At this point the list is being primarily maintained based on what we find, etc. The official listing this was originally generated from isn't updated with the new devices yet so I was quickly adding the ones we knew were coming out. I was bound to make a mistake, just thought it would be further down the line. haha

I also realized today that while I'm editing the list and sorting, etc. that ALL of those changes are live in front of any viewers, and that no one can override my sorting. Oopsie. My bad guys.  :P

I take it back now.  I remember reading that the Motorola X and iPhone/iPads use nano SIM cards size which according to the chart seems to be traced to CZ2104LWR   Worldwide 4FF removable LTE + GSM

My guess now is that the LG G2 like the Note 3, GS4, HTC One and Nexus 5 is going to use the CZ2102LWR   Worldwide 3FF removable LTE + GSM sim card since that seems to be traced to a micro SIM card size.  So if you are going to update the chart to say assumed, change it to  CZ2102LWR   Worldwide 3FF removable LTE + GSM.

• Like 1

3FF and 4FF refer to the card size. 3rd Form Factor and 4th Form Factor.

1FF - standard SIM

2FF - miniSIM

3FF - microSIM

4FF - nanoSIM

I figured that you would say this and thanks for confirming my suspicions.  The pattern seemed to be pretty clear and I was just taking a shot in the dark and assumed the 3FF and 4FF meant the sim card size.

I have changed the link to a published HTML page instead of a standard Google Docs spreadsheet link. The spreadsheet link didn't add any features, and caused issues when people were trying to view the page as I worked on it