Everything data plan ending?

TheCUJuan

Is there something wrong with the EPRP web sight?  I thought it was suppose to be cheaper going through it. If you go to check out it charges you $50.00 per phone for basic. that is $20 more per month than just walking in as a regular customer!  And I use it under the family plan. It almost work like individual plan. Or maybe I'm just missing something here.

Nope. EPRP has been killed off and replaced with Everything Plus Unlimited My way, which are the plans you saw.  Those old(Everything Data/Everything Plus/Everything Share) plans were officially killed off yesterday, so you could not get the old 30 dollar plan even if you walked into a store. They do not exist anymore.  Also EPRP has always been more about savings for smartphone customers. I do not even remember them offering discounts on basic phones. 

Two lines on the EPRP site is now 140 plus taxes and fees. 10 dollars less then going to the regular Sprint site. That's up 10 dollars from what it was with the old plans. We pay 130 plus tax. 

Two lines on the EPRP site is now 140 plus taxes and fees. 10 dollars less then going to the regular Sprint site. That's up 10 dollars from what it was with the old plans. We pay 130 plus tax. 

And you have to sign up for these when you sign up for service, right? Or are you able to switch to them once you have sprint?

Something is wrong with the EPRP.  You don't seem to get a discount if you add more than 1 line.  Its like they charge $50 per line regardless of how many you add.  It should be discounting the 2nd line to $40, 3rd line to $30, and lines 4-10 should be $20.  Although the unlimited data add on is cheaper at $20, it still doesn't make sense.

Something is wrong with the EPRP. You don't seem to get a discount if you add more than 1 line. Its like they charge $50 per line regardless of how many you add. It should be discounting the 2nd line to $40, 3rd line to $30, and lines 4-10 should be $20. Although the unlimited data add on is cheaper at $20, it still doesn't make sense.

Maybe that's why it showed me 140 instead of 130. I did notice that. It is a little screwy. I had to play with it a couple times to get the data plans on there. A single line is still 70. Nice to see they aren't doing away with EPRP and apparently not raising its prices either.

Usage Limitations. Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. Streaming video speeds may be limited to 1 Mbps.

Interesting. Is this in the terms of other plans?

This term and condition I believe has only appeared beginning with the My Way plans.  Perhaps the Everything Data, EPRP and SERO plans are as well but I have not heard anything about this before the My Way plans.

Nope. EPRP has been killed off and replaced with Everything Plus Unlimited My way, which are the plans you saw.  Those old(Everything Data/Everything Plus/Everything Share) plans were officially killed off yesterday, so you could not get the old 30 dollar plan even if you walked into a store. They do not exist anymore.  Also EPRP has always been more about savings for smartphone customers. I do not even remember them offering discounts on basic phones. 

The below quote was the point I was trying to make.  It would be cheaper as a walk in customer with 4 lines than using the EPRP based on the check out price.  It's not discounting the additional lines.

Something is wrong with the EPRP.  You don't seem to get a discount if you add more than 1 line.  Its like they charge $50 per line regardless of how many you add.  It should be discounting the 2nd line to $40, 3rd line to $30, and lines 4-10 should be $20.  Although the unlimited data add on is cheaper at $20, it still doesn't make sense.

The below quote was the point I was trying to make.  It would be cheaper as a walk in customer with 4 lines than using the EPRP based on the check out price.  It's not discounting the additional lines.

The EPRP plans are really screwed up now.  I was looking at the website again and now they add some BS "3G data add-on charge" of $5/line on top of the $20/line "required data add-on charge".  Two lines would cost $150 which is exactly what the regular My Way plans are if you go through the normal Sprint website.  What is the point of having this website available if the 2nd line voice is not discounted and there is an additional 3G data add-on charge of $5/line.

3G data add-on charge.jpg

EPRP with 2 lines.jpg

The EPRP plans are really screwed up now.  I was looking at the website again and now they add some BS "3G data add-on charge" of $5/line on top of the $20/line "required data add-on charge".  Two lines would cost $150 which is exactly what the regular My Way plans are if you go through the normal Sprint website.  What is the point of having this website available if the 2nd line voice is not discounted and there is an additional 3G data add-on charge of $5/line.

I tried recreating what happened to you, but was unable.  I tried with an iPhone, Galaxy S4, and Galaxy s3, but was still unable to find the 3g data add-on charge.  Sprint is probably going through some bugs with the changing of the plans. It charges you 50 per line no matter how many lines you have. I am sure Sprint will solve the bugs. 

I tried recreating what happened to you, but was unable.  I tried with an iPhone, Galaxy S4, and Galaxy s3, but was still unable to find the 3g data add-on charge.  Sprint is probably going through some bugs with the changing of the plans. It charges you 50 per line no matter how many lines you have. I am sure Sprint will solve the bugs. 

I hope so.  It would be nice if the EPRP plans were fixed where you can save $10 per line.

plans were officially killed off yesterday, so you could not get the old 30 dollar plan even if you walked into a store. They do not exist anymore.

I wonder how true this is.

Its true that existing customers can continue to make changes, add/remove lines, go up down etc with the old plans right?

That means the plans are still in the system.

I worked with Verizon when they eliminated their old plans in favor of share everything. Officially, new customers couldnt get the old plans, and if you switched to the new plan, you couldnt go back.

That was policy.

But on the technical side, it was business as usual because their system had no way of running both plan systems and preventing people from moving around. So for a couple of months, as retail stores screwed people over by lying about savings, we would change people back to the old plans if it was cheaper. Officially, not allowed, but good customer service.

I wouldnt be surprised if that was still true today. That included accessing unlimited data options by the way.

Sprints computer systems ight be set up in the same way.

I wonder how true this is.

Its true that existing customers can continue to make changes, add/remove lines, go up down etc with the old plans right?

That means the plans are still in the system.

I worked with Verizon when they eliminated their old plans in favor of share everything. Officially, new customers couldnt get the old plans, and if you switched to the new plan, you couldnt go back.

That was policy.

But on the technical side, it was business as usual because their system had no way of running both plan systems and preventing people from moving around. So for a couple of months, as retail stores screwed people over by lying about savings, we would change people back to the old plans if it was cheaper. Officially, not allowed, but good customer service.

I wouldnt be surprised if that was still true today. That included accessing unlimited data options by the way.

Sprints computer systems ight be set up in the same way.

I think all this means is that no new customers can sign up for those plans. Obviously old plans are still in the system and grandfathered in and existing customers can continue to renew their contracts no problem.  The old plans will remain in the system for a long time.  

Maybe Sprint audits the database system to make sure that no new customers sign up with the Everything Data plan as of 10/11/13.  That is why Sprint reps unless they want to risk losing their job can't put customers into the old system if he/she were not a customer prior to 10/11/13.

I talked to Sprint customer service last night because my mother in law wants to switch to Sprint from T-Mobile and I wanted to add her to my plan to make it cheaper for her. I was told she has to sign up with a My Way plan because stores can't add to the old plans, but after she is activated, I just call back to customer service and they can switch it from My Way to the old $30 add a line onto my account.

Will we still able to switch back and forth from SERO-P 500 and 1250 plans? Or are we now stuck with whatever one we have?

Not sure but you should try calling Sprint Care at 888-876-8381 OR go to a Sprint store and ask them.  How often do you plan on swapping between plans?