This can be good news if someone can force a PRL that has LTE.

If only PRLs had something to really do with LTE.

Bingo, LTE uses the same type of tower selection and configuration procedures used by GSM and UMTS/HSPA devices. PRL's have nothing to do with LTE. It's 3GPP Long Term Evolution, not CDMA Long Term Evolution.

but you already know we can't access lte on a vzw prl

but you already know we can't access lte on a vzw prl

Correct as PRLs don't determine what LTE network you connect to, they only tell your phone to scan or not scan for LTE.

Last week Sprint announced they inked LTE roaming agreements. Looks as if they may have taken effect already.

http://imgur.com/bnlsR45

http://imgur.com/OGcay7R

Little late to the party over here, but SignalCheck always shows the 1X provider name in the pulldown menu. The EV-DO and LTE provider names is a much newer feature in the app, perhaps I will have to address that somehow..

As digiblur said, the 31000 MCC-MNC is invalid.. it pops up on Samsung devices often. Nothing on that screenshot leads me to believe that device was roaming on LTE at the time.

-Mike

I just saw my phone saying Extended LTE briefly when I was in a store where I always lose LTE, perhaps roaming is starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw my phone saying Extended LTE briefly when I was in a store where I always lose LTE, perhaps roaming is starting.

Doubt it. LTE engineering screens or it didn't start.

• Like 1

What is Extended LTE? Verizon has that on their coverage maps, and it made no sense to me.

What is Extended LTE? Verizon has that on their coverage maps, and it made no sense to me.

For VZW, it means weak LTE coverage that may frequently fall back to eHRPD.

AJ

Posted Image

Wasn't able to take a engineering screenshot as I quickly went back onto Sprints network.

Bet you were on roaming 1x with a LTE signal. See it all the time.

• Like 1

Quite possible I don't know. :lol:

Quite possible I don't know. :lol:

I roam on USCC all day long in my brick building, yet have a Sprint 4G signal.

-Will

Roaming is in effect I have a Sprint termination letter for one of my lines... Mind you I havent roamed at all used LTE ONLY mode a few times and there were times when the bars was a slashed circle yet I was still getting data signal check wasnt working and next time it happens ill check and post the engineering screen

Roaming is in effect I have a Sprint termination letter for one of my lines... Mind you I havent roamed at all used LTE ONLY mode a few times and there were times when the bars was a slashed circle yet I was still getting data signal check wasnt working and next time it happens ill check and post the engineering screen

What regional carrier do you think you roamed on?

I was just playing with the *#*#INFO#*#* screen and i selected "LTE Only" and a strange message came up that never came up before (last time I played with this screen was several months ago).  The error was "Selected network (US cellular) unavailable".  This is on a Photon Q.  I am not in a US cellular LTE area right now so I cant say if it would connect or not...nor do I know for sure if my phone could connect to US cellulars LTE bands to begin with.  Still interesting this error is given now when it never used to.

It could have been Metro. My note had metro once while in a grocery store. As far as I know cricket lte is close to none existent around my area

On iPhones, "Extended LTE" doesn't mean that. It actually means "Extended" and "LTE" in the sense that you're roaming on 1X on a roaming carrier but also connected to Sprint LTE. They are to be looked at separately, not together. It is perfectly possible to be roaming on Verizon or US Cellular 1X and have a Sprint LTE signal as well. LTE may reconnect faster than the 1X scanning finds a native Sprint signal again.

Little late to the party over here, but SignalCheck always shows the 1X provider name in the pulldown menu. The EV-DO and LTE provider names is a much newer feature in the app, perhaps I will have to address that somehow..

As digiblur said, the 31000 MCC-MNC is invalid.. it pops up on Samsung devices often.

The latest version of SignalCheck (4.17) should address both of these issues. The carrier names in the pulldown are now properly shown for each individual connection, and the 31000 bug was addressed.

-Mike

• Like 1

Looks like voice roaming on Cricket

But for how long?  AT&T's doesn't say in it's purchase announcement how long it will keep Cricket's CDMA service. If/when Cricket CDMA service ends, that's one less roaming partner available to Sprint.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24533&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=36744&mapcode=

The latest version of SignalCheck (4.17) should address both of these issues. The carrier names in the pulldown are now properly shown for each individual connection, and the 31000 bug was addressed.

-Mike

I still see 310000 on mine quite a bit, 4.17b.

Wasn't roaming apparently I did massive roaming last two months totaling 5gbs yea I know I don't even remember doing that much... I still have an upgrade I can use plus they said they won't touch the other line. The slashed out circle is still band 25 so it's not roaming

• Like 1