bluemustangjosh

htc jet or the samsung galaxy nexus?

hey guys i was just wondering because im able to upgrade two weeks before the galaxy nexus comes out if i should get the galaxy nexus or wait a little bit longer and get the htc jet. i really dont mind waiting a little longer for the htc jet but since i really dont know too much about processors and ram and all that stuff i was just wondering if you guys can help me out picking out the better phone. any help or comments would be appreciated thanks

Which phone is better is purely subjective. You can argue why either phone will be a better option over the other so it will really depend on you to decide. Both phones are more than capable spec wise so what I would advise is that if you really can't decide just wait until both phones are available then try them out and then decide for yourself. Now for me personally I already have two lines but am at the point where I have to get a third line, so when the gnex comes out I will open a new line with that phone and when the new htc comes out I will replace my evo 3d with that.

• Like 2

For me it would depend how intrusive this new version of Sense is. HTC admitted that the UI was getting to be overwhelming and decided to scale it back close to the version that was on the Hero. If so, that would be acceptable to me since with the new specs on the "Jet", there would be little if any performance issues.

• Like 1

It looks like the Jet will best the GNex with a higher performance processor and gorilla glass 2. GNex doesn't have expandable memory, but I don't know if the Jet will either, rumor says no. The battery in the GNex is removable, and the Jet is rumored to not be removable. HTC is supposed to be putting really nice cameras in their One line where the GNex is a good camera, but not elite. There always seem to be plenty of developers for HTC devices, so you can't really give either platform a nod on the custom ROM dept. Then it depends on how much value you put on the design of the handset, Sense and Beats Audio. Either phone is going to be really good. It partially depends on if you want 2 extra months with a new handset.

I'm in a similar situation. April 1st is upgrade eligibility time and my Evo 4G sees the writing on the wall. I need a little more information before I can be confident I'm making an informed decision. Will Sprint's version of the GNex have the verizon or Plus specs? How do those specs compare to that of the Jet? - which I hope will be leaked before CTIA. How long will Sprint lockout the lte on these devices while markets trickle online? DC is a second rounder, so I'm fairing better than most, but no hope for even cluster lte might be what I need to wait for a device that isn't months old specs the day of launch.

I'm in a similar situation. April 1st is upgrade eligibility time and my Evo 4G sees the writing on the wall. I need a little more information before I can be confident I'm making an informed decision. Will Sprint's version of the GNex have the verizon or Plus specs?

It appears it will have the Verizon stats, but I can't say for sure. I thought I remembered seeing something stating that it will be the same as Verizon, but I can't find it ATM.

How do those specs compare to that of the Jet? - which I hope will be leaked before CTIA.

What is known about the Jet is here in the s4gru blogs: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-119-htc-evo-successor-to-jet-onto-the-scene-june-10th/ and my comparison is above.

How long will Sprint lockout the lte on these devices while markets trickle online? DC is a second rounder, so I'm fairing better than most, but no hope for even cluster lte might be what I need to wait for a device that isn't months old specs the day of launch.

This is completely detailed in this blog on s4gru: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-117-confirmed-sprint-targeting-april-15th-for-galaxy-nexus-launch/ The 4G LTE will NOT be "locked out" on any of the devices. It will not be on by default and kill your battery looking for service. If you want to turn it on, you are free to do so. and as the previous blog details:

It is anticipated that Sprint will offer sometime in June the ability for the Galaxy Nexus to go into LTE Self Discovery mode, where the device will be able to search for a LTE signal on it is own, and turn LTE off itself automatically if it cannot connect to LTE 1900.

The 4G LTE will NOT be "locked out" on any of the devices. It will not be on by default and kill your battery looking for service. If you want to turn it on, you are free to do so.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

NP

I don't remember which one it was, but one of the tech sites that covered our story mistakenly stated that LTE would be locked out. To miss something that clear in the article would be very embarrassing for a website that is supposed to deliver accurate news. I winced when I read it! :pinch:

Robert

• Like 1

I think it comes down to which one feels best to use. As far as I have experiences, HTC and Samsung both make very high quality devices (we'll ignore the Samsung Moment) and with these phone both being flagship devices, expect top notch design and craftsmanship. I think the shape of the HTC looks better to hold which is way more important to me than some benchmark scores or how many ppi.

My phone is single core at 1.2Ghz and runs great.

I think it comes down to which one feels best to use. As far as I have experiences, HTC and Samsung both make very high quality devices (we'll ignore the Samsung Moment) and with these phone both being flagship devices, expect top notch design and craftsmanship. I think the shape of the HTC looks better to hold which is way more important to me than some benchmark scores or how many ppi.

My phone is single core at 1.2Ghz and runs great.

I don't know that I would put too much stock in the pictures out there being the actual HTC jet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I don't know that I would put too much stock in the pictures out there being the actual HTC jet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Our photos were purely for illustrative purposes only. We currently have no idea what the Jet/Evo/One will look like with certainty. But it probably looks like the One X.

Robert, Roberto, Admin, Hey You! Its all good! But this was posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Sprint and HTC getting together on 4/4 to announce a recent collaboration. Could be to announce the One X (Jet).

http://www.androidcentral.com/

makes sense since CTIA is moved back a month this year from its regular time...

Although whenever Dan has been involved in product launches.....hmhm kyocera echo......it hasn't been so good...lol

I'm expecting the absolute worse and that its the EXACT SAME as the HTC OneXL(ATT Version) except its CDMA and supports 1900MHz LTE...GIVE ME MicroSD support!!!

Still a really really good upgrade...though the whole 20month upgrade cycle instead of 1yr really hurts that...

After April 4th you should get a better idea of which of these two phones you want. As for me its between these two phones plus the GS3.

With todays htc/sprint announcement my excitement is pretty high but like sgt.slaughter said I will keep my expectations to a minimum. Anyway sprint is in a do or die situation so they need to come out swinging for the fences.

Probably wont happen, but it would be sweet if this upcoming HTC (EVO successor) had a kickstand.. I really liked the kickstand on my EVO.. the one on the Photon was even better.

Probably wont happen' date=' but it would be sweet if this upcoming HTC (EVO successor) had a kickstand.. I really liked the kickstand on my EVO.. the one on the Photon was even better.[/quote']

There are some really neat cases with kickstands. Body Glove had a great one for the E4GT that supported standing upright and sideways. Worked much better than the OEM kick stand on the OG Evo.

Robert, Roberto, Admin, Hey You! Its all good! But this was posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 2

The HTC One is nice. But I still want the Galaxy Note.

TS

• Like 2

The HTC One is nice. But I still want the Galaxy Note.

TS

+1

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via tapatalk

I was at BB today and took a Note for a test drive. Everything about it is great until you hold it to your ear. My son said I looked stupid holding a tablet to my face. If visual phone calls were more common, it would be perfect for that.

• Like 1

I was at BB today and took a Note for a test drive. Everything about it is great until you hold it to your ear. My son said I looked stupid holding a tablet to my face. If visual phone calls were more common, it would be perfect for that.

"Dad, why are you holding a flattened brick to your head?"

He walked away from me when I did it. That spoke volumes.

• Like 1

He walked away from me when I did it. That spoke volumes.

I would too if my dad was holding a tablet to his face. And I thought the Note was cool for the screen size. :(