RoccoM

Network Vision/LTE - Long Island Market

Last night my home tower completely shut down for a few hours. As a result my GS9 was bouncing between 2 or 3 different near my house but only a 1x or 1x800 signal. I think at one point it went to Verizon 1x. since these 1x signal were so weak I wondered what my Essential Phone was connecting to since the RF performance its terrible. To my surprise it was connected to Clearwire B2, which means it was T-Mobile. I was really surprised that T-Mobile roaming was live for these types of situation and for the LI market. I would have though it was a tower by tower basis like T-mobiles roaming with At&t.The essential phone also connected to Clearwire B4. Speeds were around 30 to 50 Mbps so its seem like roaming is not throttled at all. Keep in mind this was am so that's why speeds were that fast. 

broke my speed record yesterday. keep in mind this was while driving. 

jaomv3X.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I noticed yesterday getting gas within the Indian reservation in Mastic that I had a strong signal.  First time ever. usually it is  next to almost nothing. Nice surprise.

TS out

• Like 3

Upgrades are going well on LI. Noticed more Small Cells and B41 upgrades. Also got this in Freeport NY 62e2cd6061df505074febbae60ed660f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Upgrades are going well on LI. Noticed more Small Cells and B41 upgrades. Also got this in Freeport NY 62e2cd6061df505074febbae60ed660f.jpg

Hey that’s 5G!!! At least that’s what AT&T would say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Hey that’s 5G!!! At least that’s what AT&T would say emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny enough these are faster than what I've seen from Att's "5G"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Funny enough these are faster than what I've seen from Att's "5G"
So not LI related but I've been testing ATT in Queens and Manhattan. I've been using an essential phone. Either is isn't a lot of B30 or it just has bad range. B41 is way more common on Sprint. Also speeds in general are a fraction of what Sprint reaches in the same areas. Although the Essential Phone doesn't have 4x4 MIMO and only has 3XCA. Pretty sure AT&T uses 4 or 5 xCA now. Also not sure about 256QAM on the Essential

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mirskyc said:

So not LI related but I've been testing ATT in Queens and Manhattan. I've been using an essential phone. Either is isn't a lot of B30 or it just has bad range. 

I've found that here in Seattle, AT&T's L2300 has less range than Sprint's L2500 without HPUE. With HPUE it's not even a competition. I think it's because their deployment is 4x4 and the equipment they're using isn't as good as what Sprint is using. Additionally, since L2300 is a relatively fragile airlink (due to the high frequency) and only deployed at 10x10 (or sometimes even 5x5), hanoff parameters are set so devices drop connection at relatively high signal levels. 

• Like 4

Broke my all time high speed test today in Oceanside NY2862c2d129df1e642fde0e11b9ed0dee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

edit: just realized it wasn't my record when i scrolled up. It just happened to be my record on my Galaxy S10 

• Like 2