Network Vision/LTE - Long Island Market

RoccoM

If you are running Sensorly constantly, it can severely hamper your phones ability to pick up LTE. Sensorlu maintains a near constant data session which prevents your phone from scanning for LTE. You can fix this by either setting Sensorly to only upload on Wi-Fi or run the LTE Discovery app.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I only run Sensorly when I know there is a signal and it hasn't been mapped. I should set it up to upload on Wi-Fi only though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely some LTE testing going on in Floral Park , I was at school the other day I got 2 dots of LTE on my iPhone , it was there then it simply vanished , its been like that for 2 weeks now , im expect to see LTE maybe by the end of Nov. if not earlier.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Definitely some LTE testing going on in Floral Park , I was at school the other day I got 2 dots of LTE on my iPhone , it was there then it simply vanished , its been like that for 2 weeks now , im expect to see LTE maybe by the end of Nov. if not earlier.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

With iOS7 we now have the end of bars and the beginning of dots.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I'm very impressed with Sprint now - Made a call on the LIE around Melville. Had LTE so my phone switched to 1x no prob and the call was great quality. When I hung up I noticed my phone switched to 1x 800 mid call and then it promptly switched back to LTE. Very exciting!

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Finally!!!! Long Island now officially an LTE market for Sprint...  For my Spark Device, I get all of NYC in Yellow and now most of LI all the way out to the East End in Orange on the official Sprint Coverage map.   There are some areas like Brookville that have been lousy for years that have no LTE..  I suspect due to the hilly nature and zoning of that area, it's tough to get enough coverage in place.. I think all cell companies have issues...  I'll be back on LI in a couple of weeks....  In the WIMAX days, LI never had it so at least a little better... I remember when I had a WIMAX device, I would get it while in NYC even on the LIRR...   But it would end as I crossed the county line around Bellrose. Same with the LTE the last couple of years while I've had LTE..  

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised they launched Long Island altogether, considering its size. As a whole I don't think it was ready, not that a launch really means anything. That coverage map is appalling though, at least for Suffolk.

LTE generally performs well for me when I have it, although it doesn't seem to travel that far, which is why I can't wait for B26.

• Like 1

Yea brookville, upper brookville and muttontown won't get any better without 800 because there are no cell sites in the area. If you zoom in on the sponsor map you will see about 10 cell sites circling the are. Not sure if it's a town thing or the country club and the rich people living in the area keeping sites from being built.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I'm actually surprised they launched Long Island altogether, considering its size. As a whole I don't think it was ready, not that a launch really means anything. That coverage map is appalling though, at least for Suffolk.

LTE generally performs well for me when I have it, although it doesn't seem to travel that far, which is why I can't wait for B26.

I was a little surprised as well. Considering some areas are much farther along than others.

I figured it would be launched in pieces. 

Make that country clubs, more than one

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I know what you mean. I went to NYIT for 4 years. I doubt there is any place to build cell towers without encroaching into someone's mansion or country club. This is one of the richest places in the US. Lots of old money.

I think this is impressive for such a weak connection, on any carrier.

E2CE9ECE-087C-41BC-8A1F-13D5D3B1DBEB.png

Thats regular for Sprint , it all depends on the tower though. I've been at 2 dots on certain towers & the signal is completely unusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Band 41 (2600 MHz) now active on Long Island! I'm in Valley Stream and on B41 as of this morning. 

This could mean Band 41 (2600 LTE) and 26 (800 LTE) will probably spread to other areas quickly on LI.

Edited by bigblueshock
  • Like 2