Network Vision/LTE - Long Island Market

RoccoM

Picked up some LTE yesterday on my way home from work on the LIRR along Sunrise Hwy near the Laurelton ---> Rosedale ---> Valley Stream stations.

Good to see LTE beginning to expand into my neck of the woods, still not in my immediate area but it's getting close, 3G still sucks though.

Edited by Sonic13
  • Like 1

Good to see LTE beginning to expand into my neck of the woods, still not in my immediate area but it's getting close, 3G still sucks though.

3G upgrades is prob the last thing were going to see . LTE is first : 3G is launched in clusters .

3G upgrades is prob the last thing were going to see . LTE is first : 3G is launched in clusters .

I've already started seeing 3G upgrades light up all around parts of Nassau and Suffolk County. LTE will likely build up over time. I don't expect it to be usable until the fall.

• Like 2

I've already started seeing 3G upgrades light up all around parts of Nassau and Suffolk County. LTE will likely build up over time. I don't expect it to be usable until the fall.

Hmm haven't seen any real world 3G upgrades . I'm still living off Legacy Towers .

My connection keeps dropping in Selden, so I ran a speed test. DL speeds were at 2.5 Mbps during half of the speed test before settling at 2 Mbps. Pings were in the low 100's.

Could be unrelated to NV, but I've never seen speeds that high in this area, nor have I ever seen peak 3G speeds that high on Sprint.

• Like 1

Tower work is going on in Ronkonkoma at the moment. I saw workers at the base of the tower with thick black wires. Shortly after that, my iPhone switched to "Extended 3G" for about 30 minutes, I had a strong Sprint connection (4 bars) prior to that.

I can't verify if it's a Sprint site as I'm not a sponser (yet), and I didn't get a good look at the panels (although I saw about 3-4 carriers on it), but it's located on Portion Road in between Hawkins Ave and Gatelot Ave.

Edited by Sonic13

Hello, new to the posts, but i would like to see Sprint move on some more with the LTE. So with this info, and whats going on in the forums i have this bit of information.

This morning i was driving down Middle Country Rd, going east. Noticed on 25 and where Smith Rd Meet, I had LTE!

Now it was 6:30 am. And heading back home for some rest, could of been a dream, but I will check again, its almost a daily route for me. I will re-post when i get by there again, if anyone is in Middle Island area and, would like to check it out...GO AHEAD! Although LTE for that dead mostly Tree's area -____- . Whats up SPRINT! MOVE IT TO WHERE  PEOPLE ARE AND ARE GOING TO BE USING THE LTE!

I'm near Ridge / Yaphank and only get 3G / Extended 1-2 Bars. Cant even make a phone call in my own house. -__- Have to go stand outside.

Hello, new to the posts, but i would like to see Sprint move on some more with the LTE. So with this info, and whats going on in the forums i have this bit of information.

This morning i was driving down Middle Country Rd, going east. Noticed on 25 and where Smith Rd Meet, I had LTE!

Now it was 6:30 am. And heading back home for some rest, could of been a dream, but I will check again, its almost a daily route for me. I will re-post when i get by there again, if anyone is in Middle Island area and, would like to check it out...GO AHEAD! Although LTE for that dead mostly Tree's area -____- . Whats up SPRINT! MOVE IT TO WHERE  PEOPLE ARE AND ARE GOING TO BE USING THE LTE!

I'm near Ridge / Yaphank and only get 3G / Extended 1-2 Bars. Cant even make a phone call in my own house. -__- Have to go stand outside.

Thanks for joining S4GRU.com. There is a lot of good information here if you take some time to check it out. Our FAQ section has some great info about the Sprint network and the Network Vision project.

Please keep in mind we are not affiliated with Sprint, and like good constructive discussion, but we do not host Sprint complaints. We would like to keep these forums a positive place, plus there is simply nothing we can do with complaints, seeing as we are not Sprint. 

Sprint is moving as fast as possible with Network Vision. They are working on each and every site as soon as they can. However, this means there is no real order to which the sites gets upgraded. Unfortunately, this causes rather isolated areas (at least at first) to be upgraded, leaving the rest of the are untouched. Over time, it will fill in. Though seeming rather unorganized, this strategy will actually allow Sprint to upgrade the network faster.

• Like 2

Thanks for joining S4GRU.com. There is a lot of good information here if you take some time to check it out. Our FAQ section has some great info about the Sprint network and the Network Vision project.

Please keep in mind we are not affiliated with Sprint, and like good constructive discussion, but we do not host Sprint complaints. We would like to keep these forums a positive place, plus there is simply nothing we can do with complaints, seeing as we are not Sprint. 

Sprint is moving as fast as possible with Network Vision. They are working on each and every site as soon as they can. However, this means there is no real order to which the sites gets upgraded. Unfortunately, this causes rather isolated areas (at least at first) to be upgraded, leaving the rest of the are untouched. Over time, it will fill in. Though seeming rather unorganized, this strategy will actually allow Sprint to upgrade the network faster.

Oh Thank you! Yea, I understand, New to the forum, this is my Island / Region. ;p   So just a small little vent, but this is great! I will definitely keep posting and, keeping up with the forums! 

And yes, scattered upgrade, it makes sense -___- Oddly, saddly, but true. 

Again thanks! ^___^

• Like 2

So I just went to check out the LTE again up in North Shore Long Island, by Middle island / Ridge area. 

On 25 ( Middle Country Rd ) Going from 1289 Middle Country Rd

Which is the small plaza, that includes King Kullen, Carvel and, a lot of other small shop.

The connection for LTE continues all the way from this Plaza going east, all the way to

where William Floyd Prwky, and 25 Meet.

The connection dies as soon as you head south on the

ramp for Floyd Prwky.  

No doubt about that...tons of NV 3G sites and a few 4G ones listed on the map for that area.

Lol . I'm usually in the Elmont , Hempstead, Garden City , Westbury Area (still haven't been able to connect to that Splotch of purple on the Sensorly Map im just to far) sometimes I go to Lindenhurst cause I have a friend out there but Service is usually similiar to what im seeing in Elmont slow basically. I peak at 1mbps sometimes on a good day 1.25mbps with mid range pings but it works so im cool .

No doubt about that...tons of NV 3G sites and a few 4G ones listed on the map for that area.

Lol . I'm usually in the Elmont , Hempstead, Garden City , Westbury Area (still haven't been able to connect to that Splotch of purple on the Sensorly Map im just to far) sometimes I go to Lindenhurst cause I have a friend out there but Service is usually similiar to what im seeing in Elmont slow basically. I peak at 1mbps sometimes on a good day 1.25mbps with mid range pings but it works so im cool .

One problem you have is the use of speedtests to see if something is working right. Sprint prioritizes speedtests at the lowest priority on the new equipment since the data is all a waste anyways.

• Like 1

hey guys/gals- i'm seeing 4G in the Amityville/Copiague along the LIRR and West Babylon area!! I had sensorly running and it looks like a few specs were uploaded to the map. 

• Like 1

Dose any one know when will there be 4G LTE in shirley, New York, Long Island, 11967 ?

Best guest, eventually. Every tower is being upgraded, so you'll see it eventually. Maybe by end of year?

Dose any one know when will there be 4G LTE in shirley, New York, Long Island, 11967 ?

Surely, before the end of Network Vision deployment.  But don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA

AJ

How about in patchogue 11772 or any were in medford?

To learn about site upgrades in specific locations, you need to become a sponsor.  In the sponsors area, you can view the site upgrade maps, which is updated on almost a daily basis with the progress of Network Vision.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

AJ

4g popped up in East Islip tonight on Greenwood Ave by the Bowling Alley.  It was solid for about 20 minutes before switching back to 3g.  I didn't get a chance to run a speed test but it was really fast when it was on 4g.