Network Vision/LTE - Long Island Market

RoccoM

Highly doubt it.  I'm on the Lynbrook side.  I also drove into Lynbrook, also into Hewlett and kept on B41.

It's funny actually... Driving down the Belt Parkway, also Cross Island,  I loose B41.  I always loose complete 4G near the throgsneck/whitestone.  The only place I've seen it is on the cross bx.

• 1 month later...

The service in Riverhead is terrible, it murders my battery life. But my phone did manage to latch on to B26, it didn't last long though, so no speed tests.

4FD032E7-6ECD-436F-90CF-C8AE39BC87DC.jpg

This is my 2nd time (ever) coming across B26.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Place in the X Files folder...

I do not know if it was a bad day, sites being worked on or my cell was not working right, but I go out to the east end of Long Island every month and usually I do not have an issue with the signal. But this weekend, everywhere I went, it kept staying on 3G. Stopping in Bohemia off Sunrise Hywy at the McDonalds and zip, nada. Barely 3G. Last month I had no problem. The same at Shirley and Mastic. Got back to the Queens/Nassau border and poof, strong signal. 

So odd.

TS

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like Wimaxx in NYC was also stopping CA from being active in West Nassau County, Long Island. Got back from FL this Sunday so I missed all the NYC CA launching. But the 5 or so sites in LI that I connect to have increased speeds and show a secondary carrier in the engineering screen. The only time before I noticed CA was West of the Wantaugh State Parkway.  Signal Check Pro does't show the little 2 though. EARFCN are 41078 & 41276

I would love to get a some sort of community sourced mapping going as far as B41 towers for Long Island. I would have to start a thread in a premier sections. Any one interested in this?

Do you mean western nassau, my cutoff seems to be Glen cove Rd in the parts of Nassau I frequent, I've seen second carrier on sites to the east. Only have an m8 so no ca but get 40-50 down on second carrier sites

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Do you mean western nassau, my cutoff seems to be Glen cove Rd in the parts of Nassau I frequent, I've seen second carrier on sites to the east. Only have an m8 so no ca but get 40-50 down on second carrier sites

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Yeah, I meant Western nassau. The only CA site I had connected to in the past was by UA Westbury Stadium 12 off Brush Hallow Road. The site for Roosevelt Field Mall didn't have CA last time I checked, Im going to check later today to see if it changed.

CA is now live on the Freeport water tower off Babylon turnpike & New Hyde Park Road and LIE service Road & the site off Northern State exit 29a to the LIE West.

For those 3 sites I would only hit 15-20mbps now I hit 35-65mbps. 

I pass a few other sites on my way to work but the signal is weak and short so no time to track CA

• 5 months later...

Just got some information about 2 small site being planed for Rockville Centre NY. there was planing for 2 small cells in March but nothing has been done since. PM me if you want to know the locations. That's all I know. The placement is perfect, can't wait to see these install and turned on. They are well needed for the area. 

• Like 1

I traveled from my home in Brooklyn out to the Walmart in Westbury and held LTE for the entire ride. Additionally, I visited some family out in Bay Shore and didn't drop LTE once. While it seems that most if not all of the sites shave been upgraded for LTE, Sprint could really use a more dense footprint because sometimes my phone would drop down to 1 or two bars before picking up again.

Band 26 has done wonders for creating cohesive coverage, but now Sprint needs to work on getting consistently strong coverage in these suburban areas and if the post above this indicated anything, it's that it should be coming soon!

• Like 1

I traveled from my home in Brooklyn out to the Walmart in Westbury and held LTE for the entire ride. Additionally, I visited some family out in Bay Shore and didn't drop LTE once. While it seems that most if not all of the sites shave been upgraded for LTE, Sprint could really use a more dense footprint because sometimes my phone would drop down to 1 or two bars before picking up again.

Band 26 has done wonders for creating cohesive coverage, but now Sprint needs to work on getting consistently strong coverage in these suburban areas and if the post above this indicated anything, it's that it should be coming soon!

Majority of sites have b25/b26. The remain 3g only sites are primarily stelth sites. There are a few other that just have ancient hardware on them. They need more macro sites to till in suburban neighborhood gaps. The more retail areas need small cells and neighbouring macros with B41. 

Majority of sites have b25/b26. The remain 3g only sites are primarily stelth sites. There are a few other that just have ancient hardware on them. They need more macro sites to till in suburban neighborhood gaps. The more retail areas need small cells and neighbouring macros with B41. 

I have a feeling some of those sites have access and upgrade issues and will probably need to be moved at some point. A great example is the site that used to be located on top of an abandoned bankrupt hospital in Queens. The building went up for auction and access was limited so that area was left with poor coverage till Sprint finally was able to move to a nearby building and fix coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like second carrier is officially in full force. Sprint is officially going all out on capacity. All that's missing is the third Band 41 carrier. Once that goes live, Sprint will officially have the same capacity as VZW in NYC with half the subscribers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

got some updates about several towers on the south shore LI. This is from an email I got from Sprint about my slow data speeds. I've removed some of the Address details because it had personal locations.  Basicly Sprint has let me down again. NO B41 coming at all in the area. and only one tower will have B25 second carrier Q1 2017. This only requires software chances i thought. Why not push it out in the whole market like NYC.  The 3G only site I believe is a GMO so either they will be replacing the site or doing GMO LTE in the LI market.

Since I did receive this email from sprint I'm assuming it ok to post site IDs on the thread even though it's not the premier section. If this is not true I will redact the site IDs

Oceanside, NY 11572
Serving site: NY07XC706, sector 1
Voice coverage: Best
LTE coverage: Best
• 4G 2.5 estimated for 12/17

• No major performance issues
• Site currently has 4G 1900/800 LTE deployed
• Serving site is capacity stressed due to pointing into 3G only area
• Slower speeds are due to capacity constraint on the site
• No 4G 2.5 solution funded for this site

Lawson Blvd Oceanside, NY 11572
Serving site: NY27XC333, sector 2
Voice coverage: Best
LTE coverage: Best
• 4G 2.5 estimated for 12/17

• Site currently has 4G 1900/800 LTE deployed
• Serving site is capacity stressed due to pointing into 3G only area
• Slower speeds are due to capacity constraint on the site
• No 4G 2.5 solution funded for this site

Rockville Center, NY 11570
Serving site: NY07XC714, sector 2
Voice coverage: Good
LTE coverage: LTE Plus – Fair
• 4G 2.5 – TBD

• NY54XC858, sector 2 also serves area
• Both sites do not have any major performance issues
• Both sites have 4G 1900/800 LTE deployed
• Serving site is capacity stressed thus slower speeds
• 2nd 4G 1900 LTE carrier funded on NY07XC714. Expected on-air 1Q 2017.
• No 4G 2.5 solution funded

Atlantic Ave Baldwin, NY 11510
Serving site: NY27XC695, sector 3
Voice coverage: Good
LTE coverage: Fair
• This site is not 4G enabled; any 4G coverage comes from neighbor sites

• Site currently is 3G only with no 4G LTE
• 4G 1900 LTE funded and expected on-air 1Q 2017
• No 4G 2.5 solution funded

• Like 2

I didn't want to quote your comments from my mobile phone, would just cause a mess.

Good to see your at least getting some realistic feedback from them to quell expectations. But sucks that it's not what you had hoped for.

About the second B25 carrier, from my understanding it does require a site visit to adjust CDMA carriers and relocate them for LTE.

• Like 1

About the second B25 carrier, from my understanding it does require a site visit to adjust CDMA carriers and relocate them for LTE.

I don't think this is true. It should be done remotely. Lots of drop down menus from what I understand, but batch scripts can be used to automate it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I don't think this is true. It should be done remotely. Lots of drop down menus from what I understand, but batch scripts can be used to automate it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I meant the act of removing CDMA carriers no longer used, not turning on the second carrier. I'm sure once the site has been adjusted accordingly the second carrier can be added remotely.

I meant the act of removing CDMA carriers no longer used, not turning on the second carrier. I'm sure once the site has been adjusted accordingly the second carrier can be added remotely.

All software defined radios. On modern eNB almost everything is managed remotely. 

Only the addition of new equipment for say a new LTE equipment ie Band 41 or the replacement of faulty gear or upgrade of existing gear requires physical visits. 

All software defined radios. On modern eNB almost everything is managed remotely. 

Only the addition of new equipment for say a new LTE equipment ie Band 41 or the replacement of faulty gear or upgrade of existing gear requires physical visits. 

Ah ok, I am almost sure I saw somewhere that discussed the procedure of moving the CDMA carriers (somewhere along the lines of carrier cards etc..) to make room for LTE. Might have not meant physically moving anything. Good to know..