Network Vision/LTE - Long Island Market

RoccoM

It's almost as if Sprint saw T-Mobile's pace in Long Island and started to step up their game. 

Now I know that is not the case, but it is good to see progress. I want it to get to Bay Shore so that I don't have to stay on slow 3G while visiting my Aunt.

I found the LTE stretches from the Walmart (750 Middle Country Rd  Middle Island, NY 11953) and stretches down all the way to where William Floyd meets....At least that's how far i have made it. I was getting about 5Mbps Download and .50Mbps Up. Using Speedtest app iPhone5.

http://image.bayimg.com/fa2ffce2e12e86ae1881d7a2845fee26ead271f9.jpg

^^ Photo demonstrating area.

I found the LTE stretches from the Walmart (750 Middle Country Rd Middle Island, NY 11953) and stretches down all the way to where William Floyd meets....At least that's how far i have made it. I was getting about 5Mbps Download and .50Mbps Up. Using Speedtest app iPhone5.

http://image.bayimg.com/fa2ffce2e12e86ae1881d7a2845fee26ead271f9.jpg

^^ Photo demonstrating area.

. Did u map it on sensorly? Edited by Gorge_20

It's almost as if Sprint saw T-Mobile's pace in Long Island and started to step up their game.

Now I know that is not the case, but it is good to see progress. I want it to get to Bay Shore so that I don't have to stay on slow 3G while visiting my Aunt.

. You do know that there is LTE in Bay Shore? Well now :)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Manhattan yesterday and had zero 4g any where between pen station and Broadway.  My mom has Verizon and had 4g the entire trip on the LIRR and everywhere in the city, even inside buildings.   Hopefully Sprint will eventually be that good but I don't think 4g is realy ready in Manhattan yet.

I was in Manhattan yesterday and had zero 4g any where between pen station and Broadway.  My mom has Verizon and had 4g the entire trip on the LIRR and everywhere in the city, even inside buildings.   Hopefully Sprint will eventually be that good but I don't think 4g is realy ready in Manhattan yet.

You basically went to the one place where there is almost no sign of LTE..if you go a bit further north into the 40's there is LTE signal, and into the 20's there is LTE signal as well. But the 30's (Penn station is on 34th street) you have to go as far as 5th ave to get LTE..That area, plus lower manhattan have big Gaps, but the rest of the island has okish outdoor coverage.

• Like 1

Dose any one know when will there be 4G LTE in shirley, New York, Long Island, 11967 ?

I volunteer with Shirley Ambulance, today I had 4g all over the shirley and brookhaven area. So the answer to your quesition is today. I also work with one of the private ambulance companies, and I've been seeing 4g service popup everywhere. It's also fast in shirley 25megabits down, 5 up. Very nice. My Galaxy S3 was happy sauce.

• Like 2

Was in Lynbrook on Merrick Rd. today and cought LTE between wendys up until Valley Stream. I know NYCHitman's gonna be happy about that one.

I think I mapped it on Sensorly, I turned it on at least...

Haha. If only I were still on Sprint :(. However, that is great news for all Sprint subscribers in the Lynbrook area. It doesn't look like it was mapped out though.

Haha. If only I were still on Sprint :(. However, that is great news for all Sprint subscribers in the Lynbrook area.

What service provider do you have now?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Dose any one know when LTE +A is going to come to Sprint or even if it is going to be going to come available to any U.S.A phone company ex: At&t, T-moble, Verizon, Or Sprint??

Edited by Gorge_20

Had full blown LTE this afternoon when I made a stop near Ikea in Hicksville Long Island, more specific on N. Broadway and 17th Street. pretty sweet.

LTE is spreading at little bit faster in L.I. I feel that deployment speeds have picked up since BK & Bronx's launch .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1