Network Vision/LTE - Long Island Market

RoccoM

The second LTE site accepted in the Long Island market occurred today. It's in Westbury. It will be on the NV Sites Complete map in the Sponsor section late tonight.

Robert

• Like 6

The second LTE site accepted in the Long Island market occurred today. It's in Westbury. It will be on the NV Sites Complete map in the Sponsor section late tonight.

Robert

where is the first one

Robert

I noticed that. Right on the Northern State Pkwy. I was hoping it would be a little further south closer to Roosevelt Field Mall, but I wasn't that lucky lol.

• Like 2

Blame the NIMBYs there who won't allow work to be done without committees and bribery. You think it's easy to get equipment to a cell site when local communities won't allow work to be done?

I still remember around 2000 when sprint wanted to put a tower in Syosset  They said no. Sprint said we will disguise it so it blends in. They still said no. When I left they were about five years into the process. I still don't know if they ever got the tower.

I noticed that I've been losing 3G lately along the Southern State Pkwy between exits 17 and 20, I wonder if work is being done around there.

*Gasp* Yessss I hope so :o

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Here we go again. Hasn't this been explained to you like 100 times.

Sent from my little Note2

Am I missing something in the quoted post??

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of anymore 4g towers that went online?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Haven't discovered anything new recently. However, I have seen Sensorly have some light pink coverage near Elmont alongside the Cross Island Parkway.

Haven't discovered anything new recently. However, I have seen Sensorly have some light pink coverage near Elmont alongside the Cross Island Parkway.

Thats nothing . I check everytime I pass through there . Signal is to weak to connect to if there is even any signal at all .

Thats nothing . I check everytime I pass through there . Signal is to weak to connect to if there is even any signal at all .

There's obviously something there as it would not have been lit up if there wasn't. 

There's obviously something there as it would not have been lit up if there wasn't. 

The phone probably doesn't connect to it because it is too weak but if you were already connected to that tower, it would hold on to the signal until it is virtually unusable.

• Like 2