[finished] Sensorly is looking for Android beta testers today !

You mean everyone doesn't speak French? ;)

Non, mais ce serait bien si tout le monde parlait la même langue. Quelle que soit cette langue serait.

I got the update. I expect growing pains as any major release will have.

Looks like you moved to open Street maps? Was this to avoid google maps fees? I assume yes. I know money talks, but the OSM projects maps are no where near as accurate or useful. They are still too young. In my opinion at least.

The UI looks nice. The French is killing me. Its very sluggish on my S3. So usefulness is down, shine factor is up, overall, I say ditch the new map platform, because it's probably part of the performance issue.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I got the update. I expect growing pains as any major release will have.

Looks like you moved to open Street maps? Was this to avoid google maps fees? I assume yes. I know money talks, but the OSM projects maps are no where near as accurate or useful. They are still too young. In my opinion at least.

The UI looks nice. The French is killing me. Its very sluggish on my S3. So usefulness is down, shine factor is up, overall, I say ditch the new map platform, because it's probably part of the performance issue.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It's sluggish on my Note 2 as well. It's a hard decision to make, do you choose performance which the app is generally made for or do you update a app so you're not looking archaic and out of date? I'm scared to see performance on non NV3G. I'm sluggish on WiFi and struggling.

• Like 1

Hi everyone's we've just initiated a rollout to 20% of our user base after getting great feedback from everyone and working hard the past couple of days. It's been great getting so much help in so little time, let's do it again !

If anyone is still interested in helping us beta test upcoming releases (there will some this week), we'll be glad to have you onboard.

Thanks

Another thing that I really liked from Sensorly 2.0 is that if you are looking at a 4G map and you click somewhere in the purple area (dark or light), you would get a popup telling you the signal strength of the 4G signal from 1 to 4 bars.  I really liked that feature and I hope you can break that back in Sensorly 3.0 when you make your updates.  Right now when I click somewhere in the purple area, I get nothing.  I do appreciated the new "speedtest" feature on the maps.

I understand that the darker the purple area is the stronger the signal is but I still appreciated that signal strength popup window when I clicked someone in the purple area.

Can you send a screenshot through the group of that compare issue ?

We're going to put back WIMAX tomorrow, sorry about that.

I agree for Sprint, a separate Wimax coverage map should be brought back.  

Also I liked "The Dave" idea of naming the coverage maps by carrier and each circle is the technology as seen below in the example

Example:

Sprint

1st circle - CDMA/EVDO or CDMA or EVDO     2nd circle - LTE      3rd circle - WiMax

AT&T

1st circle - HSPA+      2nd circle - LTE      3rd circle - WiFi

• Like 1

Hi everyone's we've just initiated a rollout to 20% of our user base after getting great feedback from everyone and working hard the past couple of days. It's been great getting so much help in so little time, let's do it again !

If anyone is still interested in helping us beta test upcoming releases (there will some this week), we'll be glad to have you onboard.

Thanks

for iOS me! Also you made news http://gigaom.com/2013/09/30/sensorly-adds-mobile-speed-data-to-crowdsourced-coverage-map-app/

Another thing that I really liked from Sensorly 2.0 is that if you are looking at a 4G map and you click somewhere in the purple area (dark or light), you would get a popup telling you the signal strength of the 4G signal from 1 to 4 bars.  I really liked that feature and I hope you can break that back in Sensorly 3.0 when you make your updates.  Right now when I click somewhere in the purple area, I get nothing.  I do appreciated the new "speedtest" feature on the maps.

I understand that the darker the purple area is the stronger the signal is but I still appreciated that signal strength popup window when I clicked someone in the purple area.

I actually found the "bars" popup annoying. It's pretty clear based on the colors what the signal strength was. Anytime I moved the map, instead of moving it popped up that window. I would be happy to not see it come back.

• Like 2

We ditched google maps because we wanted a background over which we could see the map colors: the coloreful iOS and Android backgrounds don't work because we've got too many colors and nuances. (The new SDK we use actually costs money and yes we use OSM. If you know of a better alternative, let us know !)

The new map SDK is actually much much faster than the old one, we're just having a big traffic spike because of the gigaom article, we'll be back to normal tomorrow.

We'll looking over the other comments this week to see how to improve the app based on feedback.

Thanks

• Like 1

Je pense que l'application devrait avoir quelques différents langages disponibles dans le menu des paramètres. Ce serait rendre encore plus utile aux autres utilisateurs ne parlent pas couramment l'anglais ou une autre langue.

We ditched google maps because we wanted a background over which we could see the map colors: the coloreful iOS and Android backgrounds don't work because we've got too many colors and nuances. (The new SDK we use actually costs money and yes we use OSM. If you know of a better alternative, let us know !)

The new map SDK is actually much much faster than the old one, we're just having a big traffic spike because of the gigaom article, we'll be back to normal tomorrow.

We'll looking over the other comments this week to see how to improve the app based on feedback.

Thanks

Not to nitpick, but the coverage map is the most important part of the app. I mean this screenshot explains it all. It looks horrible.

post-517-0-84454100-1380573382_thumb.png

Map is very hard to read.  Street names are no longer accurate.  It has me living on the wrong street.  I don't speak French.  Anyone know how I can revert back to the previous version?  This one is unusable for me, sorry.

It must be a gps issue. When I tried to map a trip it thought I was in the middle of a cow field and driving through pine trees. Once I got to work it thought I was nearly 10 miles away. I also agree that the maps aren't very sharp and very slow to navigate with when trying to look around and entire streets don't seem to show up.

Not to nitpick, but the coverage map is the most important part of the app. I mean this screenshot explains it all. It looks horrible.

Without saying much more, I'm not a fan at all of the map interface in the new version.

I am not a fan of these maps either. I didn't find anything wrong with the old way it was displayed. 

I have already experienced a few force closes, crashes. Most of it is when I try a speedtest and the signal drops, the whole app seemed freeze.

I actually found the "bars" popup annoying. It's pretty clear based on the colors what the signal strength was. Anytime I moved the map, instead of moving it popped up that window. I would be happy to not see it come back.

In sensorly 2 you could disable the pop up, "legend" I think was the option or toggle.