[finished] Sensorly is looking for Android beta testers today !

Map is very hard to read. Street names are no longer accurate. It has me living on the wrong street. I don't speak French. Anyone know how I can revert back to the previous version? This one is unusable for me, sorry.

Are u rooted and have titanium backup? If not u are probably screwed unless u can find the apk and reinstall it.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Would the developer or someone else be so kink to post an .apk of the previous version of the app so I can revert back?  Thanks.

I've never gotten kinky with sensorly, ymmv

Is there a way to manually tell Sensorly what network we're using? After the update it doesn't seem to pick up that I'm on Sprint. In the details page the carrier name fields (under both cell network and LTE sections) are blank.

We ditched google maps because we wanted a background over which we could see the map colors: the coloreful iOS and Android backgrounds don't work because we've got too many colors and nuances. (The new SDK we use actually costs money and yes we use OSM. If you know of a better alternative, let us know !)

The new map SDK is actually much much faster than the old one, we're just having a big traffic spike because of the gigaom article, we'll be back to normal tomorrow.

We'll looking over the other comments this week to see how to improve the app based on feedback.

Thanks

Sensorly is running a lot better today. The gigaom release really took a hit to the app, but all seems green now. Even the streets are clearer. I think if Sensorly were to work with OSM directly, maybe both developers can make the OSM maps perfect. Keep up the good work folks.

I am not a fan of these maps either. I didn't find anything wrong with the old way it was displayed. 

I didn't at first due to lag. I think it can be touched up a lot though working with OSM. One issue, which Sensorly makes a valid point above about GMaps is that Google uses all types of colors which clash with Sensorly. For example, the color footprint Google uses for the Columbus Metropolitan Airport is purple. An exact shade to Sprint LTE in Sensorly. So Sensorly not only has to take in account that type of issue for Sprint LTE but all other colors for other carriers. I'm not defending their stance, just given my thoughts behind.

A big problem with the new map is that there are streets missing. It looks like I work in a field instead of off a street that is missing from the map.

I didn't at first due to lag. I think it can be touched up a lot though working with OSM. One issue, which Sensorly makes a valid point above about GMaps is that Google uses all types of colors which clash with Sensorly. For example, the color footprint Google uses for the Columbus Metropolitan Airport is purple. An exact shade to Sprint LTE in Sensorly. So Sensorly not only has to take in account that type of issue for Sprint LTE but all other colors for other carriers. I'm not defending their stance, just given my thoughts behind.

I think it's a problem when you can no longer look at the map and instantly see the interstate and many other major roads. 

I think it's a problem when you can no longer look at the map and instantly see the interstate and many other major roads. 

That would be a huge problem. Well, I guess back to the "mapping" board.

That would be a huge problem. Well, I guess back to the "mapping" board.

See here... 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4145-sprint-lte-coverage-maps-via-sensorly/page-36?p=213234&do=findComment&comment=213234

all the highways went missing.  I asked my son to look at the comparisons to get an unbiased opinion from a teenager who could care less about Sensorly type stuff.  He uses daily, a Nexus 7 and a iPod touch he's had for years.  He thought the old version was the new one at first so I told him no this is the new one and he says, "What?  It looks like the kids who designed ios7 must have got a hold of this one too.  What happened?"

• Like 2

Isn't it ironic. Sensorly doesnt work with iOS but the new Sensorly looks like iOS 7. They made the app look pretty, but now it isn't useable. It is still painfully slow for me on my older Evo 3D, too.

See here... 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4145-sprint-lte-coverage-maps-via-sensorly/page-36?p=213234&do=findComment&comment=213234

all the highways went missing.  I asked my son to look at the comparisons to get an unbiased opinion from a teenager who could care less about Sensorly type stuff.  He uses daily, a Nexus 7 and a iPod touch he's had for years.  He thought the old version was the new one at first so I told him no this is the new one and he says, "What?  It looks like the kids who designed ios7 must have got a hold of this one too.  What happened?"

Whoa that's bad. Welp. Guess I'll need to revert back. Sigh...... NV Hunt comes first.

Not to mention, I actually use Satellite view a lot.

Sensorly is running a lot better today. The gigaom release really took a hit to the app, but all seems green now. Even the streets are clearer. I think if Sensorly were to work with OSM directly, maybe both developers can make the OSM maps perfect. Keep up the good work folks.

I had no issues with the colors Google maps uses.

You're thinking of Apple maps. They're the ones that made airports purple. They're gray in Google maps.

In the new maps, as digi posted, you can't see the highways or interstates at all.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I had no issues with the colors Google maps uses.

You're thinking of Apple maps. They're the ones that made airports purple. They're gray in Google maps.

In the new maps, as digi posted, you can't see the highways or interstates at all.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I've never seen an Apple Maps of Columbus. I may be confused on where I seen it, but I'm confident I seen both being purple.

It does look like Columbus has been mapped better by OSM. http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=11/40.0302/-82.9698

Not to mention, I actually use Satellite view a lot.

Not knowing much about OSM, but if it doesn't have a satellite overlay......that would be a show stopper for me.  I map on trails, parks, soccer/baseball fields, college campuses, and semi-private property where having the satellite view is a must.

Moderators: Now that this version (3.x) has been released, should the thread title be changed to the Sensorly 3.x discussion thread?  (Already seeing double posts here and in the Mapping LTE with Sensorly thread.)

I happen to like the new app, it appears I'm in the minority.  My only gripe is the maps are less accurate in rural areas (near me anyway) but they do seem to be fine in the city I work in.

• Like 2

I've never seen an Apple Maps of Columbus. I may be confused on where I seen it, but I'm confident I seen both being purple.

It does look like Columbus has been mapped better by OSM. http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=11/40.0302/-82.9698

Not to pick at a single point, but I'm not seeing any purple (other than LTE of course). 

This is the same way it looked on android Sensorly. On the Apple version, airports were purple, because they were forced to use Apple maps.

10-1-2013%2010-35-43%20AM.png

I personally like the new Layout much more than the previous.  I also tend to get much faster LTE speeds on the sensorly speedtest app now rather than Ookla's speedtest.  Not sure if calculations are correct or the server I'm testing is really close to me.  I haven't mapped anything yet and maps still look correct as far as I can tell but I haven't looked much outside Florida.

I still like it but I did find a problem.  My current location goes underneath the news feed on the map when moving.  If there is a way to get rid of the news feed I guess it's not a problem but I can't figure out a way to hide it.

I still like it but I did find a problem.  My current location goes underneath the news feed on the map when moving.  If there is a way to get rid of the news feed I guess it's not a problem but I can't figure out a way to hide it.

Tap the map part of the screen.