An important message from Robert...I'm moving

S4GRU

"Sadly, after the move, I will be outside of Sprint service."

Oh the ironing.

Have a good move.

Yup, they have a lot of very wrinkly clothes in South Dakota!!!

(Hah! I beat AJ to it. A triumph!!!!!  :D )

Dammit, he beat me by a fraction of a second. Foiled again!!

• Like 5

Yup, they have a lot of very wrinkly clothes in South Dakota!!!

(Hah! I beat AJ to it. A triumph!!!!!  :D )

Dammit, he beat me by a fraction of a second. Foiled again!!

Took too much time gloating :P

It was the time I spent finding the right smiley.  Blast it, he is quick!!

Robert, I've thought about it and I think you should move to CO. Thornton has all the Service and it's easy to breathe. Also, I heard someone was hiring around there too. I don't know who or what but it's a deal not to pass up. Then we could have monthly S4GRU get togethers, load up a big van and look for towers. ;)

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Robert, I've thought about it and I think you should move to CO. Thornton has all the Service and it's easy to breathe. Also, I heard someone was hiring around there too. I don't know who or what but it's a deal not to pass up. Then we could have monthly S4GRU get togethers, load up a big van and look for towers. ;)

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

If you have a job lined up for me that pays more than the one I accepted in Rapid City, I'd consider it. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Congratulations! Now I finally know someone that has moved there. I always wondered where they all came from. I have visited the area many times! Have a great new life there!

Sent from my customized big ol' Note 8

• Like 1

Good luck with the move. I hope you enjoy your new location in South Dakota. There is a lot of beauty and serenity that can be experienced in the Dakotas and that entire area of the country.

I know that it is hard having to give up control of your "baby", but as you have mentioned many times in the past, and we all can agree, this place has a great staff that will keep this place going with great momentum. Hopefully soon there will be coverage in your area. With the TD-LTE expansion, the chances seem high. When I moved to Iowa many years back, I had to go through the same pains of having to give up my Sprint service. But, absence makes the heart grow fonder. We should start a petition for Hesse to air drop a fully NV upgraded stealth site disguised as a large Colonel Sanders lawn gnome in your new backyard. Let's make this happen.

Good luck with all that you do.

Or a Hesse/Son/Page/Brin mash-up.....   maybe you could get some googleoons with td-lte panels.

Methinks all of the amazing things alluded to by Masayoshi include future rural coverage.  

Congratulations on taking the job as the new Hesse-man!!   

Sorry, idle speculation is unlike idle hands, can't spend time at the genitals!

Not that we had an old Hesse-man or anything  ;) 

• Like 1

You won't even have Sprint service there after CDMA 800 rolls out? Man that's hard on the body. But I imagine the pay and the location will more than make up for the lack of Sprint service. I wish you the best!

You won't even have Sprint service there after CDMA 800 rolls out?

No.  CDMA1X 800 has already been tracked at 15-40 miles distance.  But no way does it propagate successfully 200 miles from the nearest Sprint coverage.  Not even for Robert.

AJ

• Like 2

No.  CDMA1X 800 has already been tracked at 15-40 miles distance.  But no way does it propagate successfully 200 miles from the nearest Sprint coverage.  Not even for Robert.

AJ

Oh dang, I didn't know it was that far in the boondocks. Welp... Good luck and Godspeed Robert!

• Like 1

Missed this until now.. just wanted to throw my well wishes onto the pile, and say congrats! I sincerely appreciate the ridiculous amount of time and effort you put into this site. Don't worry about us, S4GRU will be in good hands.. family and real life is priority. Hope you can find a way to enjoy all of that traveling and moving!

-Mike

• Like 1

Congrats on the new job, and welcome to Rapid!

Did Sprint have Nextel coverage/towers there before the Nextel network shutdown?  Maybe they'll convert those towers?!  (fingers crossed)

Only 1 or 2 Wimax protection sites here, both on the south/east sides of town, fairly sure one is on the SD School of Mines campus not sure where the other one is if their is one. So those of us who have/had sprint and live in rapid will just have to wait and see what sprint does.

Edited by CosmicJeff
  • Like 1

Congrats on the new job, and welcome to Rapid!

Only 1 or 2 Wimax protection sites here, both on the south/east sides of town, fairly sure one is on the SD School of Mines campus not sure where the other one is if their is one. So those of us who have/had sprint and live in rapid will just have to wait and see what sprint does.

Thanks for the welcome.  I'm having a tough time finding a large home to rent.  I need 4 or 5 bedrooms.  If you know anyone that needs to rent a house, or is selling but hasn't found a buyer and would consider renting, please pass on the info.  I'm nearly desperate.

As for protection sites, there is just one.  It's on the hill off E. North Street behind the On the Border restaurant.

Robert

Thanks Robert and good luck on everything. Love this site and all the info now need someone to post new maps and info as much as you. Lol

Dear S4GRU Members:

I wanted to drop you a line and let you know my availability is going to be much more limited over the next 4-6 weeks.  I have accepted a new position and will be moving from New Mexico and relocating my family to the Rapid City, South Dakota area.

I am going to be doing a lot of travelling in this period, going back and forth between New Mexico and South Dakota.  I start work on Monday, but will be coming home on the weekends until I we move in Mid October.  I also have to go to Phoenix for orientation.  I will not be available very often to respond to posts or to messages/e-mails.  I am going to be very dependent on our Staff during this transition period.

Sadly, after the move, I will be outside of Sprint service.  So I will not be able to keep Sprint as my primary wireless carrier.  I will maintain one line for the times when I leave the area and get back into Sprint coverage.  I'm still deciding on a Triband device.  But this will not have any impact on S4GRU.

I would greatly appreciate your help during this time.  Help answering questions posed by members in public threads.  Help directing member inquiries to the right thread or to the right staff member.  Help by not burdening me with lots of posts and messages.  And turning to our staff in public posts and sending messages directly to them first with your questions.  I will swing by in the evenings or while waiting in airports to add another voice to the chorus.

Also, please respect my privacy.  I no longer feel that I can disclose many personal details like I used to and I will not be answering personal questions about my relocation or new job.

I am really looking forward to settling in Western South Dakota.  I believe the Black Hills is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places in this country.  And I am looking forward to being able to breathe again.  I have severe allergies here that can sometimes even be life threatening.  

I am thankful to have such a great group of guys (and now even a few ladies) to have such a great community with.  I am grateful for all that you put into S4GRU, through your participation in posting and financial support.  S4GRU is now in a position that I can take a step back and our members, sponsors and staff can run with the ball for a little while.

Thanks for all you do!

My Best to all of you...

Robert

• Like 1

Robert thanks for what you do and good luck with everything. Hopefully the snow this weekend doesn't cause you much trouble.

They are expecting between 6" -18" around Rapid City and the Black Hills from tonight through Saturday morning. Don't they know it's the first week of October? Sheesh!

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

I finally got a house in Rapid City. Waiting on the landlord this very second to bring me the keys. Glad to not be staying in camping trailer through this storm!

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 18