An important message from Robert...I'm moving

S4GRU

You guys are missing the most important part of the move, and I hope that Robert did some research before he agreed to the new job and location...

Where will he get good fried chicken?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 7

Dear S4GRU Members:

I wanted to drop you a line and let you know my availability is going to be much more limited over the next 4-6 weeks.  I have accepted a new position and will be moving from New Mexico and relocating my family to the Rapid City, South Dakota area.

<snip>

Also, please respect my privacy.  I no longer feel that I can disclose many personal details like I used to and I will not be answering personal questions about my relocation or new job.

You're moving to Rapid City....sha, and monkeys might fly out of my butt!  You're not fooling anyone here, Dr. Evil.....its abundantly clear you're merely moving to your secret underground lair inside Mount Rushmore!  (Or, should I say, Cibola)

• Like 2

Best of luck to you! I honestly didn't expect to read anything like this today (or any day). Given your two choices, I'd have to go with Big Red. Hopefully Mr Hesse and Mr Son personally make sure a full site or two appears at least in Rapid City (If not a whole string along I-90).

:)  :cry:  :frantic:  B)

• Like 1

The Dakotas are a dynamic part of America and currently the fastest growing part of the country. Great move! :)

Maybe the fastest growing part will encourage Sprint to expand coverage into the area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 3

What kind of impact will this have on the frequency of updates the NV Sites Complete map will get over the next 4-6 weeks?

It should be about the same frequency. Every two days or so. My son Joey will don't he data entry in the S4GRU Database. I will

Then I just update the maps and post the update summary in the thread.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Sure, all he has to do is grab a Wimax phone and use VOIP for his calls. He can also use an airave at home with the workaround of turning it on in a Sprint service area and then moving it while keeping the power on.

The one and only true Sprint subscriber in Rapid City. :P

I never got an Airave. I live next to a Sprint site. Not needed.

There is only Verizon and AT&T.  So I have to choose between disembowelment or a lobotomy.   :)

Robert

It's too bad that the Moto X isn't going to tri-band or dual band for that matter.  You could pick up one of those from Republic and put it on a $5/month plan for wifi only and swap it over to a LTE plan for times you will be out of SD and into a Sprint area.  Another plus, no Airave needed.

Also congrats and good luck on the move.  I might be SD bound as well, granted the town/position I'm looking at has Sprint/Swiftel coverage.  

• Like 1

Best of luck Robert.  I started following your Wimax updates years ago and then you started up S4GRU.  Your dedication to the site and to the community is truly unrivaled.  I wish nothing but the best in your new endeavor.

• Like 2

Safe travels Robert.  I know the feeling of packing up and moving to a new part of the country.  You have to do what is best for you and your family.  Best of luck with the new position and buy some warm clothes before you move there full time. You know that they will be needed.

Just remember, Sturgis is just up the road and the next rally is in early August of 14.

I never got an Airave. I live next to a Sprint site. Not needed.

Just dismantle it and throw it in the moving truck along with the rest of your stuff! :ninja:

• Like 8

Congrats and Best Wishes Robert.

For the S4GRU community, I think we should start a "We the People" Petition for adequate Sprint coverage in the Dakotas. Maybe they'll start sites by NV 3.0.

• Like 5

Congratulations on the new job, Robert! Have a safe move, and best of luck settling into your new diggs! We'll all be here when you return to 'full time' status. :)

• Like 1

Robert,

Congratulations on the New Position (a well deserved Promotion, I'm sure).  The move will be the worst part of a very bright future for you and your family.  All of us on this site will be forever grateful to you for what you have built here.  The staff you have assembled is more than capable of stepping up to the plate to retain the quality during your move. 

I am sure that like myself many others were thinking of leaving Sprint (after 12 years) until we found this site, not to mention all of the new subscribers that have signed up after getting the truth about the future of Sprint Cellular Service.  Sprint and Softbank have gained tremendously from your knowledge and contributions from S4GRU and should do whatever they can to speed up getting your service at the new location.  I am sure that someone or multiple people from Sprint and Softbank also are aware of and follow S4GRU as it's reputation is widely respected and that is being acknowledged by other websites covering the cellular industry.

Safe Travels,

Dennis

• Like 7

In honor of Robert's move, a little bit of musical accompaniment.  The song may be subtitled "Anthony's Song," but we will temporarily call it "Robert's Song"...

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint CDMA? Cheyenne, Wyoming. Just a little far.

But now that Sprint owns Clearwire, there is technically one Sprint site in Rapid City. But it only has WiMax. No voice at all.

Wow would have expected something in Sturgis.. Bummer...

On the side note good luck with the move.. And everything else associated with that :-)

• Like 1