Clear no longer accept new customers....

dnwk

Just not two weeks ago I got an envelope in the mail touting their home service plans and it was filled with their latest promo for home service.  But since I own a Clear device maybe that's why... it looks like if you have the device you can still get service... for now anyways.

Just not two weeks ago I got an envelope in the mail touting their home service plans and it was filled with their latest promo for home service.  But since I own a Clear device maybe that's why... it looks like if you have the device you can still get service... for now anyways.

There is always eBay :)

So, that's possible to active a Clear device with Sprint

I don't know, but most (or all) clear devices self activate though a captive portal type web service (separate from their web site). I don't know if this is still active or not though.

Um why you didnt get cable internet? just wondering

I dont agree with cable either i have 2 renters in my home that want internet, i told them i didn't want any modifications to the walls so i told them about clear and now they are happy :)

Signing a contract with the cable company is like making a deal with the mob. Sooner or later they are going to be coming for your arm or leg and squeeze you until your whole family is swimming with the fish.

• Like 1

I dont agree with cable either i have 2 renters in my home that want internet, i told them i didn't want any modifications to the walls so i told them about clear and now they are happy :)

As a responsible landlord, if you don't want them to modify the wall, you should provide them the Internet and modify the wall as you wanted.

• Like 1

Cable's price was going over the roof. And apparently Verizon start to refuse providing DSL services.

Yeah depending on the area, Verizon is pushing strictly their fiber solution.

Yeah depending on the area, Verizon is pushing strictly their fiber solution.

Hoping in future, Sprint will have an LTE based home internet (with unlimited data )

Edited by dnwk

Hoping in future, Sprint will have an LTE based home internet (with unlimited data )

There will never be a truly unlimited wireless ISP option due to how much the "last mile" is shared. Even Clear has a soft cap of about 100GB. One can only hope that if Sprint offers fixed wireless at all that the caps are generous.

If you want a truly unlimited connection you'd best start lobbying your local government to build out a FTTH network that they could then choose to lease out or operate themselves.

Both Freedompop and another that is based in Portland are still offering service to new customers

If sprint is going to sell wholesale to others,,, why kill clearwire?  dosent make sence to me.

"FreedomPop's high speed wireless internet service runs on Clearwire's 4G WiMax network. The service will expand to include Sprint's 4G LTE network in 2013".

Millenicom ... was the name of the provider in Portland.  They offer unlimited to a point,, then if you go over a soft cap too often you have to start paying for two accounts according to the web site..

Edited by scottlloyd3

Oh and Freedompop is by no means cheeper then Clear,,,, 10 gig for 19.00 then 0.007 per meg after that,,, with my average usage of about 200 gig per month,, remeber this is a home ISP,,, not for a phone,,,, that comes to about 1400.00  a month.

200,000 Megs * 0.007 = 1400.00

100G caps is pretty reasonable and I'm OK with it

There will never be a truly unlimited wireless ISP option due to how much the "last mile" is shared. Even Clear has a soft cap of about 100GB. One can only hope that if Sprint offers fixed wireless at all that the caps are generous.

If you want a truly unlimited connection you'd best start lobbying your local government to build out a FTTH network that they could then choose to lease out or operate themselves.

Oh and Freedompop is by no means cheeper then Clear,,,, 10 gig for 19.00 then 0.007 per meg after that,,, with my average usage of about 200 gig per month,, remeber this is a home ISP,,, not for a phone,,,, that comes to about 1400.00  a month.

200,000 Megs * 0.007 = 1400.00

Have you seen their new plans, i dont see a data cap anywhere.

cheapest is 1.5mb/s for 10$ monthly