Any Chicago customers actually happy?

jsjj42000

I am looking to sign up for Sprint.  I live in 60053 and work in 60606.  Is anybody a customer in the Chicago area and actually happy?  I am looking at the LG G2 and the Samsung Note 3 (assuming Apple doesn't come out with a bigger screen tomorrow).

I am looking to sign up for Sprint.  I live in 60053 and work in 60606.  Is anybody a customer in the Chicago area and actually happy?  I am looking at the LG G2 and the Samsung Note 3 (assuming Apple doesn't come out with a bigger screen tomorrow).

Yes, look at the thread Deval directed you to, ---- But ---

Always remember people will search out a forum to vent when they have issues but if they are happy, they quite often are off doing other things and never mention how happy they are.  Also, the Sprint service is getting better every day, so if you look at old comments, they may not give you the correct story today.  I am NOT in Chicago, so I can not give you a good answer, but my above comments are good advice.

Craig, it just seems like nobody is happy and I don't want to regret choosing them.  So I figured I'd ask the forum if there are actually any happy customers.  I am on board with the thought process that it is improving daily but am I too early?  Also, it is less expensive than the others and has unlimited data which is a must since I'd be using it for corporate email (hundreds per day) and personal use.  I will check out Deval's post.  Thanks.

• Like 1

I have service in the Chicago area and I am very happy with the service. It is a night and day difference from where it was a year ago. Now I've had some in issues in other markets that are upgrading but out here my service has been much improved.

• Like 1

Service has really improved over the last year and I am very happy. Every cell service can vary significantly from one location to the other. Definitely try it out for 14 days and make sure it meets your expectations where ever you spend a lot of time.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

My sister (who is on Sprint, has a GS3) just took a 2-week vacation to Chicago.

Her almost exact words were "Oh my God, it was amazing. I had full bars of 4G everywhere I went. Everywhere. It's the best my phone has ever worked."

• Like 6

I'm also not in Chicago, but assuming that the Note 3 is Tri-Band, and we know the LG G2 is Tri-Band, those devices will improve your experience even more over what it already is. Clear LTE is already live in Chicago, which will deliver those 50Mbps speeds, and 800 LTE will be live soon, which will greatly improve in-building coverage, and rural coverage. That will in general solve most problems people currently have with data. As more and more sites have 800 1x live, voice and text coverage is growing as well. 

From my experience in Kansas City, the network has changed from what is was a little over a year ago, and I would certainly recommend, especially considering how it is poised to get even better later this year. 

• Like 3

Events is the only thing that sprint's network has problems with, but since your getting a tri-band phone. U will be able to get on 2500-2600 4g(old clear), that will help out so much with things like the bears game and other events chicago has. If have any other questions go to the chicago thread or feel free to ask me.

Her almost exact words were "Oh my God, it was amazing. I had full bars of 4G everywhere I went. Everywhere. It's the best my phone has ever worked."

I am guessing your sister is misinterpreting the bars since we all know here the bars don't tell you LTE strength. Even Chicago is mostly complete data still really stinks in alot of places and especially indoors. 800 has really improved voice coverage and that's why she got full bars.

Also from reading the Note 3 thread Sprints version is single band LTE only. :( With the still not great LTE coverage in Chicago, I was counting on LTE 800 to be the real fix like it was for voice here.

I am guessing your sister is misinterpreting the bars since we all know here the bars don't tell you LTE strength. Even Chicago is mostly complete data still really stinks in alot of places and especially indoors. 800 has really improved voice coverage and that's why she got full bars.

Um? She didn't say "My phone had 4G, but data didn't work!" or "I had a different experience indoors and outdoors".

She said "It's the best my phone has ever worked". She said data worked everywhere.

I'm sorry if your experience is different than hers.

Um? She didn't say "My phone had 4G, but data didn't work!" or "I had a different experience indoors and outdoors".

She said "It's the best my phone has ever worked". She said data worked everywhere.

I'm sorry if your experience is different than hers.

Actually you said she said: "Her almost exact words were "Oh my God, it was amazing. I had full bars of 4G everywhere I went. Everywhere. It's the best my phone has ever worked."

The bars reference of hers and 4G was all I was referring too. I'm glad she was pleased on vacation. Some areas here are great others not so much for data.

Actually you said she said: "Her almost exact words were "Oh my God, it was amazing. I had full bars of 4G everywhere I went. Everywhere. It's the best my phone has ever worked."

The bars reference of hers and 4G was all I was referring too. I'm glad she was pleased on vacation. Some areas here are great others not so much for data.

Okay, yes, you're right, I'm wrong, you got me, congratulations, here's a prize :P

As she's my sister, she knows that bars don't necessarily represent quality of service, and her reports were that the service worked. She didn't complain that it didn't, and to hear her tell it, she used quite a bit of data.

Figured I didn't need to state that, but, here we are...

• 2 weeks later...

If you do try it out, let us know how it turns out (good or bad).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks to all for the help.  I've decided to keep my corporate issued Blackberry for another year.  We'll see where Sprint is a year from now but I just LOVE the physical keyboard and am willing to sacrifice the big screen and all else for that at this point.  It is also hard to go pay ~$80/mo. for something I currently get for free.  There aren't as many apps available but most apps I want/need I already have and most sites have decent mobile versions so no app is really required.  Blah blah blah, I guess I am just a cheapass!  I will certainly keep in tune with S4GRU as it is a wonderful community and report back if I ever switch carriers.  Thanks again.

Well I stay in the 60644 area but travel everywhere in the city and burbs. I can honestly say that I had good sprint service in the city and great in streamwood dan ville free port and maywood. I only went to T-Mobile because of price.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2