PSA - Sprint offering upgrade credit

legion125

This could be looked at as a signal that the early LTE phones are on the way or Sprint is trying to clear out its WiMax inventory.

Sprint will begin offering select upgrade eligible customers a $50 or $75 instant discount to entice them to pick up a new phone and sign a new two-year contract. The offer, which is apparently set to run from March 23rd through April 27th, will not be able to be used toward the purchase of an iDEN device or an iPhone.

http://www.phonedog....3rd-leak-shows/

• Like 1

I wonder if this means that the G-Nex won't be out until the 27th. Or maybe they are willing to give $50-75 extra to get customers to upgrade to the first wave of LTE devices since they have all the next gen devices on the horizon.

I saw this, too, and mentioned it in the G-Nex thread. I just wonder if they are using this to clear inventory on wimax phones and the G-Nex will not be released until after the promotion. Or, If they will release the G-Nex during the promotion and allow people to get this deal with the G-Nex (would be nice!).

With this promo running toward 4/27 and the Sprint GNex (Data Storm) contest ending 4/5 with winners announced around 4/15, it could happen.

Agreed. That would surly make a lot of people happy.

If Sprint wants to move wimax inventory why not just do a BOGO free like you see tmobile and verizon do all the time?

• Like 2

If this article is true, then the Nexus will be released on April 1st. Yeah I know April Fools day, my first thought too, but if you Google Sprint and April 1st, it seems that Sprint has done this in the past. So, as legion mentioned above, with the contest ending that same week. I too believe that the nexus is out in April. But will Sprint have a few areas to take advantage of the LTE Nexus is another question.

This still falls in line with my Nostradamus prediction of April/May for Nexus LTE and the Note for June/July. mwuahahahaha :secret:

TS

• Like 3

If Sprint wants to move wimax inventory why not just do a BOGO free like you see tmobile and verizon do all the time?

You forget my friend, Hesse isn't going to let anything go without any revenue stream. 99 cents maybe, but not free.

• Like 1

If this article is true, then the Nexus will be released on April 1st. Yeah I know April Fools day, my first thought too, but if you Google Sprint and April 1st, it seems that Sprint has done this in the past. So, as legion mentioned above, with the contest ending that same week. I too believe that the nexus is out in April. But will Sprint have a few areas to take advantage of the LTE Nexus is another question.

This still falls in line with my Nostradamus prediction of April/May for Nexus LTE and the Note for June/July. mwuahahahaha :secret:

TS

You may be right, but I thinking more toward the middle of April at the earliest to coincide with the winners announcement, but buy the end of April for sure.

What does ol Nostra say about December 21st?

• Like 1

You may be right, but I thinking more toward the middle of April at the earliest to coincide with the winners announcement, but buy the end of April for sure.

What does ol Nostra say about December 21st?

Speaking of which, wasn't there another device not too long ago on Sprint that had a promotion similar to this contest. Was it the Echo? EVO 3D?, Can't remember, but I do remember that folks were given the device to go around the country and take photos, blog about it before the phone came out I think. Well the phone came out before the contest ended, this may be history repeating itself again.

As for Dec 21, Nosty (or as s4gru calls him, Nexty) has a one way ticket to Pago Pago. He hears that Sprint is setting up a NV tower there soon. lol

TS

• Like 1

Speaking of which' date=' wasn't there another device not too long ago on Sprint that had a promotion similar to this contest. Was it the Echo? EVO 3D?, Can't remember, but I do remember that folks were given the device to go around the country and take photos, blog about it before the phone came out I think. Well the phone came out before the contest ended, this may be history repeating itself again.

As for Dec 21, Nosty (or as s4gru calls him, Nexty) has a one way ticket to Pago Pago. He hears that Sprint is setting up a NV tower there soon. lol

TS[/quote']

I have always wanted to go to Pago Pago. Largely because of where in the world is carmen sandiego. American samoa deserve some sprint network vision love too!

I apologize if this format kind of wonky. I am responding via voice commands on my epic 4 g touch. This allows me to dictate to sprint 4 g rollout updates while driving. I love multitasking.

Oops! 10 and 2, 10 and 2!

Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

TS

That link had a 1.2 Ghz dual core processor and 5MP camera in the description. Doesn't look like the G-Nex+.

That link had a 1.2 Ghz dual core processor and 5MP camera in the description. Doesn't look like the G-Nex+.

I'm confused. You saying that isn't a galaxy nexus in the photo or that the specs are different. Looking at Google and wikipedia's website, it looks fine as well as the processor and camera specs, or am I missing. is there a Galaxy nexus Plus model?

I'm confused. You saying that isn't a galaxy nexus in the photo or that the specs are different. Looking at Google and wikipedia's website, it looks fine as well as the processor and camera specs, or am I missing. is there a Galaxy nexus Plus model?

There were rumors going around that when the Galaxy Nexus came to Sprint, it would have a 1.5 Ghz processor and 8 MP camera and be called the Galaxy Nexus+. The stats in the photo are the same as the Verizon version, which I can tell you from firsthand experience is a very nice phone.

Ahh Gotcha, Yeah would have been nice for a updated spec phone. I feel the same way about the Note, hoping it will come with more memory and the Exynos processor but it won't happen.

Coming from GSM to CDMA is definately possible for the Note to have a new processor when it gets here. CDMA to CDMA like the Nexus is less likely.

• Like 1

Remember, this is for targeted customers only. You cannot call in for this. Make sure your email address is correct on Sprint.com. Also, if you are on a discounted plan like SERO, I would be very surprised if you get the offer. This will most likely be for those that provide a substantial revenue stream to Sprint.

• Like 2

This is the second time that SERO resurfaces in posts i read this week. Although I helped in recreating the SERO FAQ for HowardForums a long while back, I thought it died out. I myself upgraded to the newer plans at the time. Come to find out this week that some are still on that plan. I certainly didn't think that you could place a smartphone like the EVO or Photon on it but it so happens that some did. Man I miss that plan.

SERO comes in three different flavors ($30,$40 and $50) now so you can add just about any type of phone as long as you upgrade to the right SERO plan.. I'm not an expert on SERO, perhaps someone else can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

SERO comes in three different flavors ($30,$40 and $50) now so you can add just about any type of phone as long as you upgrade to the right SERO plan.. I'm not an expert on SERO, perhaps someone else can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

AFAIK, that's correct. Roughly it is $30 for feature phones, $40 for smartphones, and $50 for 4G phones and iPhones.

But I could be wrong. I don't sell phones... I just support the network side.

• Like 1

AFAIK' date=' that's correct. Roughly it is 30 for feature phones, 40 for smartphones, and 50 for 4G phones and iPhones.

But I could be wrong. I don't sell phones... I just support the network side.[/quote']

This is my understanding. It went round and round in forums when the iPhone came out. I took a lot of heat from iPhoniacs when I told them that Sprint was going to charge $50 to SERO members for the iOS privellege.

Some of those SERO people can be downright crazy. I was told I was jealous, I was told I was stupid, I was told that I should shut up.

In the end, I was right. And that was deeply satisfying.

Robert

• Like 2