I always though it was implied that they are. It's only mentioned regarding 800mhz because much focus has been placed on the repurposing of that spectrum.

1xa across the board, 1900 and 800.  Although I've heard it will be deployed with max capacity in mind, which is a tradeoff for some of the other benefits of 1xa

I would suggest some moderator cleanup on this thread to remove misinformation.

Is 1xA still a type of 1xRTT? In other words, is the full description 'CDMA2000 1x Advanced', or 'CDMA2000 1xRTT Advanced'? Just wondering if it'd be technically incorrect to continue to refer to Sprint's "1x RTT" network once 1xA is fully deployed.

Is 1xA still a type of 1xRTT? In other words, is the full description 'CDMA2000 1x Advanced', or 'CDMA2000 1xRTT Advanced'? Just wondering if it'd be technically incorrect to continue to refer to Sprint's "1x RTT" network once 1xA is fully deployed.

Yes that is correct. 

• Like 1

So can anyone confirm that 1xAdv. is being used on 1900Mhz?

Furthermore, what devices has can utilize 1XAdv.? From 2012-Q3 onward?

So can anyone confirm that 1xAdv. is being used on 1900Mhz?

Furthermore, what devices has can utilize 1XAdv.? From 2012-Q3 onward?

Basically any phone that has a Qualcomm MSM8960 or newer SoC will have 1X Advanced.

Basically any phone that has a Qualcomm MSM8960 or newer SoC will have 1X Advanced.

Snapdragon S4-onward, for those less inclined to understand techno-literacy...

But can anyone CONFIRM WITHOUT A DOUBT that 1xAdv. is being used on 1900Mhz??!

I mean, I want HD Voice, even if it is Sprint-to-Sprint only...

Edited by EmeraldReporter

Snapdragon S4-onward, for those less inclined to understand techno-literacy...

Geez haven't heard anything about HD Voice in a while.  Sprint was so proud of this at first and we haven't anything more about it...

Geez haven't heard anything about HD Voice in a while. Sprint was so proud of this at first and we haven't anything more about it...

Yeah not sure wats the deal with HD voice news. I wonder if there are handoff issues between hd and regular voice and sprint is waiting until NV 1.0 is complete before launching HD voice.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I think it lost the luster. People don't talk on the phone much.

• Like 1

CDMA1X Advanced ≠ HD Voice

HD Voice ≠ CDMA1X Advanced

AJ

CDMA1X Advanced ≠ HD Voice

HD Voice ≠ CDMA1X Advanced

AJ

AJ, how much more spectrum would EVRC-NW (HD Voice) consume vs. what Sprint uses now?

AJ, how much more spectrum would EVRC-NW (HD Voice) consume vs. what Sprint uses now?

When you say "spectrum," what do you mean? Every CDMA2000 carrier channel is 1.25 MHz FDD.

AJ

When you say "spectrum," what do you mean? Every CDMA2000 carrier channel is 1.25 MHz FDD.

AJ

Hmmm, good point, then where the does the higher bitrate come from?

I would assume better spectral efficency along with more efficient audio codecs.

Sent from my IdeaTab A2107A-F using Tapatalk 4

EVRC-NW is not higher bit rate.  But it can be thought of as higher fidelity.

AJ

EVRC-NW is not higher bit rate.  But it can be thought of as higher fidelity.

AJ

I know that it's variable but isn't a higher bit rate possible? I'm now incredibly confused . :wacko: 

I'm unsatisfied.

I need to know that 1xAdv. is being implemented on Sprint's 1900Mhz.

Please confirm this, anyone....

I'm unsatisfied.

Call up Sprint and ask them or find a device that proves or disproves the 1xA. What difference does it make anyways as long as it works?

I'm unsatisfied.

It is not our responsibility to satisfy you.  Your method of interrogation in The Forums will not get you very far.  If anything, members will choose not to answer your queries.

AJ

• Like 1

It is not our responsibility to satisfy you.  Your method of interrogation in The Forums will not get you very far.  If anything, members will choose not to answer your queries.

AJ

I'm asking a simple frakking question. I'm not ranting, belittling, or name calling. The thread's subject is a direct question, not an open one. I've Googled everywhere, and no one has an answer.

Don't be so brash. I'm not here to make waves, but to learn, and contribute to this vibrant, and illuminating community.

I'm asking a simple frakking question. I'm not ranting, belittling, or name calling. The thread's subject is a direct question, not an open one. I've Googled everywhere, and no one has an answer.

Don't be so brash. I'm not here to make waves, but to learn, and contribute to this vibrant, and illuminating community.

With tones and such like that you would fit well in the Sprint run community forums or the Sprintcare twitter feed. I hear they do a mean PRL update.

• Like 1

With tones and such like that you would fit well in the Sprint run community forums or the Sprintcare twitter feed. I hear they do a mean PRL update.

A prl update a day keeps the Sprint customer care away.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By jreuschl
      Noticed on TM Reddit that the S8 Active is coming unlocked, so would be compatible with Sprint.
      (Also supports TM B71)
    • By Andrew Revering
      My original post was intended to just be a question about the upcoming S8's dual-sim possibility... however this thread ended up being the main S8/S8+ thread, so I'm modifying my original post to include some main points that we've gathered about the device and provide some useful resources:   Misc FYIs ------------------------------------ All MSLs appear to be 000000 To force band 41 only (thanks Terrell352): ##DATA# MSL 000000 then go to LTE and turn off b25 and b26. ##debug# works on this device (thanks nexgencpu)Cleaner way to look at carriers,CA and signal strength etc.. Want Root permissions? This will trip KNOX and you won't be able to use Samsung Pay or other KNOX features
      Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+
        Carrier/Dual Sim Info ------------------------------------ I have Sprint (obviously), but I have property where the only carrier is AT&T. FreedomPop now has a free AT&T SIM you can buy for limited voice, data & texting, which is perfect for my limited needs when I'm at my cabin. Converting the phone to a Dual-SIM phone then becomes convenient for me with the FreedomPop SIM + Sprint. With that in mind, here is some useful info (including a solution below):   See what frequencies/networks your phone supports: https://www.frequencycheck.com/ All networks are shipping the 'U' version which has support for all US networks but are software-locked. Once unlocked they will work on any US network. Dual Sim version not available in US or UK. The International Dual Sim model S8+ is SM-955FD. You can convert your single-sim US model into a dual sim by 1) unlocking and 2) add a $50 dual-sim adapter from magic-sim or simore (I bought the Simore one and it ripped before I could even try it once. They would not refund) If you are within a contract and/or didn't pay full price for your phone and don't want to wait, you can unlock your phone: https://theunlockr.com/unlock-my-phone/ usually for something like $20. Correction: These unlockers don't work for CDMA Sprint phones. You have to either buy an Unlocked phone or get Sprint to unlock it for you. Correction2: There is at least one guy who knows how to do it! See 'Solution' below. You can convert it into a Dual-SIM by adding one of these: http://www.magic-sim.com/ or http://www.simore.com/  (don't recommend simore, mine tore easily) I found a ---> SOLUTION <--  
      Charging/Cables
      ----------------------------- Info from mmark27   Remember only buy stuff that's been approved by Benson Leung, the Google Engineer that tests tons of USB-C items. You can search him on Amazon. USB-C crappy products can fry your phone and start fires.  From what I (mmark27) understand, the phones are only Quick Charge 2.0 compliant officially. They may pick up QC 4.0 compliance at some point as the chip supports it, but for now QC2.0 is the safe bet.  choetech fast charging pads don't work Seneo fast wireless charger do work micro-female to male USB-C USB-3.0 to USB-C Wireless charging pads that look just like the ones at Best Buy from Samsung Pleson fast charging pads work with S8 and S8+ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRXM473/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Kv5-ybKG6TSZP  
        Noteworthy Specs -------------------------------  
      Only difference between S8 and S8+ is screen size and battery size. Bezel free, all screen design No physical home button 5.8" & 6.2" Plus Version 'Infinity' QHD Amoled Display 12mp f1.7 rear, and 8mp f1.7 front cameras, auto focus Wifi Calling Dual Edge Only Display Bluetooth 5.0 for double speed and four times the range 3000mAH (S8) & 3500mAH (S8+) battery, fast charging 4 GB RAM Waterproof 64 GB built in storage Bixby Artificial Intelligence, dedicated button Iris Scanner Pressure Sensitive "3D" Touch home button Wireless Charging Can see screen with polarized glasses, unlike with LCD screens (HTC 10, etc) Always On Display PC Replacement (DEX) Fingerprint sensor on back DOES have a headphone jack USB Type C MicroSD Expansion HPUE compliant, which means it will extend existing signal range by 30%, including indoors!In my limited experience with the device, HPUE DOES work. Maybe it doesn't help speeds, I don't know -- but in 2 locations (in two different states) where I normally have no signal, I can now make phone calls and transfer data with a weak signal that I never had before.  

============================ORIGINAL POST=====================================

I'm planning to upgrade to the Galaxy S8 when it's available on April 21st...

I would really like a Dual SIM version and have Sprint as my primary carrier and use a FreedomPop ATT SIM as a 2nd option when I'm up at my land which is only covered by ATT.

After some research, it seems that the Dual SIM version is the 'International Unlocked' version which does not have the capability of CDMA/CDMA2000 for the 3G/1X portion of Sprint coverage. Since LTE is actually a GSM protocol it has the capability of doing Sprint's LTE, but other services may be limited.

Is this correct?

If so, that probably means I just want to buy the Sprint version and get one of those little dual sim adapters you can now get like this one: http://www.magic-sim.com/

Also, in order to use a SIM from a GSM provider, the phone needs to be unlocked, which outside of contract means I'd either have to wait 2 years, or just buy the full-price phone outright, and then get it unlocked.

Then I can use my ATT SIM, but again coverage may be limited because the radios are tuned for Sprint, not ATT. But I think it may be possible for some of their services to work.

... does this understanding sound correct? Is there another way I can go about what I'm trying to accomplish?

UPDATED:   --> SOLUTION <--
    • By EntrepreneurKid
      I'm here looking for answers to a simple question. Where is this mystery Sprint signal coming from? For the past few weeks I've received a signal on multiple Sprint devices, two Sprint devices with roaming turned off, and two Virgin Mobile phones and Virgin Mobile phones can't roam, the other rate plans might be able but I'm talk about Virgin Mobile devices from before they introduced all those other plans. What I'm making clear is these devices have to be picking up a Sprint signal, plus I've downloaded the SignalCheck Pro app which has indicated two different signals 1XRTT and 1X800. 

The signal only last for about 8 hours each morning and begins coming in and out towards the end of each morning. I try making a call and it fails, and it doesn't get any data at all. I try each device and they all do the same thing they have a signal and very strong signal with no data, and voice doesn't go threw, I haven't tried sending a text figured no data, no voice then there must be no text.

I read about some "projects"  that Sprint has going on Project Ocean and Project Cedar. Since Project Ocean is suppose to be taking place in Missouri and I live so close to the Iowa, Missouri line, I figured if there is a tower going up maybe it is possible I'm getting a signal from it, in the early stages. I really don't know what is going on, if Sprint is launching service, putting up new towers and that signal finally comes, and stays, and works. I'll be back full time on the Sprint ban wagon. Unfortunately, I live in an area not served by (according to experience and coverage map) Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. Not even the two Iowa carriers i Wireless or Chat Mobility serve my area, go 10, 15 or 20 miles in any direction your good, here, wireless dead zone, no choice of carriers. And if Sprint puts a tower here if I finally get an answer and learn that signal will soon come and stay and work I'll finally have a choice.

So if anyone has any ideas, has experienced this in other parts of the country or has any idea what could be going on please say. Any information is better than not knowing, and together maybe this will be answered.
    • By BlackBerryRulez
      The closest Sprint tower to my house is about 3.5 miles away. In between are hills, trees, a handful of houses, and fields. However, I do have line of sight. I can see the blinking light of the tower in the distance at night. I do not think Sprint has deployed any LTE at this tower. When they do, is it possible that the LTE signal would reach my house?

Right now I have a Moto X, but I may go back to the Q10. I do pick up eHRPD at my house. What frequency is that on? I'm thinking Sprint's 800ish mhz LTE band might. Not sure about 1900 though..

Thanks
    • By KD8JBF
      From the FireceWireless website: NetZero to ditch Verizon in favor of Sprint:

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/netzero-ditches-verizon-contract-will-launch-sprints-cdma-network/2014-01-15?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal

Data Plans:

The no-contract NetZero Sprint 3G plans break down as follows:
      Free: No monthly fees, data allotment of 200 MB per billing cycle. Free plan limited to 12 months only. Basic: $9.95 per month, 500 MB per billing cycle. Plus: $19.95 per month, 1 GB per billing cycle. Pro: $34.95 per month, 2 GB per billing cycle. Platinum: $49.95 per month, 4 GB per billing cycle.