EmeraldReporter

Is 1xA still a type of 1xRTT? In other words, is the full description 'CDMA2000 1x Advanced', or 'CDMA2000 1xRTT Advanced'? Just wondering if it'd be technically incorrect to continue to refer to Sprint's "1x RTT" network once 1xA is fully deployed.

Is 1xA still a type of 1xRTT? In other words, is the full description 'CDMA2000 1x Advanced', or 'CDMA2000 1xRTT Advanced'? Just wondering if it'd be technically incorrect to continue to refer to Sprint's "1x RTT" network once 1xA is fully deployed.

Yes that is correct. 

• Like 1

So can anyone confirm that 1xAdv. is being used on 1900Mhz?

Furthermore, what devices has can utilize 1XAdv.? From 2012-Q3 onward?

Basically any phone that has a Qualcomm MSM8960 or newer SoC will have 1X Advanced.

Basically any phone that has a Qualcomm MSM8960 or newer SoC will have 1X Advanced.

Snapdragon S4-onward, for those less inclined to understand techno-literacy...

But can anyone CONFIRM WITHOUT A DOUBT that 1xAdv. is being used on 1900Mhz??!

I mean, I want HD Voice, even if it is Sprint-to-Sprint only...

Edited by EmeraldReporter

Snapdragon S4-onward, for those less inclined to understand techno-literacy...

Geez haven't heard anything about HD Voice in a while.  Sprint was so proud of this at first and we haven't anything more about it...

Geez haven't heard anything about HD Voice in a while. Sprint was so proud of this at first and we haven't anything more about it...

Yeah not sure wats the deal with HD voice news. I wonder if there are handoff issues between hd and regular voice and sprint is waiting until NV 1.0 is complete before launching HD voice.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

CDMA1X Advanced ≠ HD Voice

HD Voice ≠ CDMA1X Advanced

AJ

AJ, how much more spectrum would EVRC-NW (HD Voice) consume vs. what Sprint uses now?

When you say "spectrum," what do you mean? Every CDMA2000 carrier channel is 1.25 MHz FDD.

AJ

Hmmm, good point, then where the does the higher bitrate come from?

EVRC-NW is not higher bit rate.  But it can be thought of as higher fidelity.

AJ

I'm unsatisfied.

I need to know that 1xAdv. is being implemented on Sprint's 1900Mhz.

Please confirm this, anyone....

Call up Sprint and ask them or find a device that proves or disproves the 1xA. What difference does it make anyways as long as it works?

I'm unsatisfied.

I need to know that 1xAdv. is being implemented on Sprint's 1900Mhz.

Please confirm this, anyone....

It is not our responsibility to satisfy you.  Your method of interrogation in The Forums will not get you very far.  If anything, members will choose not to answer your queries.

AJ

• Like 1

It is not our responsibility to satisfy you.  Your method of interrogation in The Forums will not get you very far.  If anything, members will choose not to answer your queries.

AJ

I'm asking a simple frakking question. I'm not ranting, belittling, or name calling. The thread's subject is a direct question, not an open one. I've Googled everywhere, and no one has an answer.

Don't be so brash. I'm not here to make waves, but to learn, and contribute to this vibrant, and illuminating community.

I'm asking a simple frakking question. I'm not ranting, belittling, or name calling. The thread's subject is a direct question, not an open one. I've Googled everywhere, and no one has an answer.

Don't be so brash. I'm not here to make waves, but to learn, and contribute to this vibrant, and illuminating community.

With tones and such like that you would fit well in the Sprint run community forums or the Sprintcare twitter feed. I hear they do a mean PRL update.

• Like 1

With tones and such like that you would fit well in the Sprint run community forums or the Sprintcare twitter feed. I hear they do a mean PRL update.

A prl update a day keeps the Sprint customer care away.

• Like 1