Proof of Sprint's ire for Windows Phone appears on ebay

pyroscott

The HTC Maaza, a Windows phone that appears to be a world phone once destined for the Now Network has surfaced on ebay. The phone was used for 5 months, probably as a test device to see if Sprint was interested in carrying the phone, but the fact that it is now on ebay likely means that Sprint turned down the offer, and is content to wait until fall for another WP experiment.

http://www.phonenews.com/cancelled-htc-windows-phone-mango-smartphone-for-sprint-listed-for-sale-on-ebay-20027/

the ebay listing is here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTC-Mazaa-Global-Windows-Phone-7-GSM-CDMA-/220974543737?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item33731bf379#ht_1095wt_1272

as of this posting, there are 4 days left on the auction and no bids

• Like 2

As the article mentioned, I think Sprint is waiting for this fall and will require most phones to be LTE compatable. If this phone was a successor to the Arrive, then it may not have been worth the effort if it was going to launch soon.

As the article mentioned, I think Sprint is waiting for this fall and will require most phones to be LTE compatable. If this phone was a successor to the Arrive, then it may not have been worth the effort if it was going to launch soon.

I would hope that by the end of the year that all new smartphone releases would be required to be LTE compatible. I know that Verizon is now making that a requirement and pretty soon at&t will start requiring manufacturers to build phones that only support HSPA/HSPA+/LTE, seeing as how they are trying to turn off their legacy GSM voice and EDGE data networks.

Someone's bout to get in major trouble there...

Just the other day I ran into someone on xda that has had the OneX for awhile. Now this is not unusual in the least as most partners of devices do testing all together like Qualcomm employees testing the Evo3d and such....BUT this kid was in India and evidently was in High School still. Said he got invited with about 15 others to participate in testing the OneX and that he got picked bc of suggestions/comments he posted on social media to HTC for awhile...

Shocked that they would select a HS kid for this but to each their own, and i guess a HS kid less likely to do something wrong than a young adult?...

Either way these kinds of trials are always done in utmost secrecy and selling said device that's been canceled is a big nono...quick way to not be asked to do another one for sure.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Someone's bout to get in major trouble there...

Just the other day I ran into someone on xda that has had the OneX for awhile. Now this is not unusual in the least as most partners of devices do testing all together like Qualcomm employees testing the Evo3d and such....BUT this kid was in India and evidently was in High School still. Said he got invited with about 15 others to participate in testing the OneX and that he got picked bc of suggestions/comments he posted on social media to HTC for awhile...

Shocked that they would select a HS kid for this but to each their own, and i guess a HS kid less likely to do something wrong than a young adult?...

Either way these kinds of trials are always done in utmost secrecy and selling said device that's been canceled is a big nono...quick way to not be asked to do another one for sure.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Ya know... I've always wanted to be a beta tester for upcoming phones (along with everyone else here :P). Maybe if I get my butt on FB and Twitter more often, maybe I could get picked! <wishful thinking>

• Like 2