Why didn't Sprint jump for "5G"?

ajr0203

No, I am fairly certain that I left my car at the airport in LTP-A 4E.

:P

AJ

I see mr.smartass. Let me break it down again. LTE-A 5G "LET-Advanced 5th generation" Would have been interesting.

I see mr.smartass. Let me break it down again. LTE-A 5G "LET-Advanced 5th generation" Would have been interesting.

No, let Tears for Fears "Break It Down Again."

AJ

If you are 20 years old, I bet that facial expression is your reaction to a lot of references beyond your years.

AJ

Your endless teasing me is driving me crazy. When can you start publishing details?

There will be public information available by the start of 2014.  If i can say anything sooner, it will be on this forum. 

Oh, i know. But we're getting ahead of ourselves lol

Are we now?  :rolleyes:

I suppose I need to do some scans of Sprint, VZW, and Cingular coverage brochures, circa 2000-2003, that I have archived somewhere.  Sprint native footprint is nearly the same now as it was then.  But VZW and Cingular (AT&T) have used their monopoly money to buy up everything else in site -- pun intended.  Many of you youngsters lack the age and experience to be aware of that.

AJ

" But VZW and Cingular (AT&T) have used their monopoly money to buy up everything else in site -- pun intended.  Many of you youngsters lack the age and experience to be aware of that.

"

I came on here to be taught and learn things I've never even heard of or cared about. But I really don't appreciate the age comment as it isn't needed. We all learn some time in life about stuff. I'm 20 and last time I checked, other 20 year olds are out being reckless and getting locked up and so much other stupid shit. I'm actually trying to learn something not very many 20 year olds would care about.

LTE 5G WILL be interesting.

I promise  ;)

Given that true 4G is supposed to have 100Mbps-1Gbps peak speeds depending on whether you're stationary or moving, I can't imagine what actual 5G (and not some 4G+ transitional technology the marketing guys will try to slap the "5G" label on) will be able to accomplish while also maintaining some semblance of reliability, especially given that it's not likely that enough spectrum will be cleared for wide (100 MHz+) high power terrestrial carrier channels.

We all love our wireless broadband but sooner or later we as a country are going to have to bite the bullet and build out FTTH in an appreciable manner.

I will not tolerate the excessive usage of memes. Keep it to a minimum or else infractions will be given. 

Is this so now? What two "meme's" Okay lolz I guess I'll respond with videos and caption instead. Btw Thanks for deleting ;)

There will be public information available by the start of 2014.  If i can say anything sooner, it will be on this forum. 

Are we now?  :rolleyes:

Yes we are lol. It's making me wonder what's going on behind the scenes :o

Given that true 4G is supposed to have 100Mbps-1Gbps peak speeds depending on whether you're stationary or moving, I can't imagine what actual 5G (and not some 4G+ transitional technology the marketing guys will try to slap the "5G" label on) will be able to accomplish while also maintaining some semblance of reliability, especially given that it's not likely that enough spectrum will be cleared for wide (100 MHz+) high power terrestrial carrier channels.

We all love our wireless broadband but sooner or later we as a country are going to have to bite the bullet and build out FTTH in an appreciable manner.

Sir without spilling all the beans; I have a personal goal to give fiber access to every residential home/apt in the country.

• Like 9

All I know is that I am very curious and interested in what comes up with mobilesolutions in the next year. If I can dump Comcast, I will name my first born after him. I hope and pray it isn't Egor or Herman..

All I know is that I am very curious and interested in what comes up with mobilesolutions in the next year. If I can dump Comcast, I will name my first born after him. I hope and pray it isn't Egor or Herman..

My name is William..not as bad as Herman. 

Though this is for the mobile side of the network, I have been out testing a set-up since around 5 and just finished up before dusk.  I am running 10Mhz TDD channels today, shot taken was at about 1/3 mile from the site (10 story building) I believe GPS thinks the height is 113 feet.  My device on the receiving end is a home-made Mikrotik setup with a 2200 mah battery.  This is not "5G" speeds, but it is quite good for mobile; and will make for an affordable consumer hotspot service. 

8zpatf.jpg

If i can dig it up, ill post the fully maxed out 10MHz sector.

• Like 1

What type of frequency for the downlink and what type of backhaul are you using?

I'll keep my mouth shut on the frequency, it is sub GHz though.  Back-haul is fiber; but will be a mix of Fiber & FOA. The site tested is the "master" and is fed via a direct line. 

AJ knows what frequencies i'm using and hasn't torched me..yet.

I'll keep my mouth shut on the frequency, it is sub GHz though.  Back-haul is fiber; but will be a mix of Fiber & FOA. The site tested is the "master" and is fed via a direct line. 

AJ knows what frequencies i'm using and hasn't torched me..yet.

hmm... sub-Ghz, running a TDD setup?!?!  You using some of the unusable 700Mhz or squatting on some unused TV channel in 600Mhz?

My name is William..not as bad as Herman.

Though this is for the mobile side of the network, I have been out testing a set-up since around 5 and just finished up before dusk. I am running 10Mhz TDD channels today, shot taken was at about 1/3 mile from the site (10 story building) I believe GPS thinks the height is 113 feet. My device on the receiving end is a home-made Mikrotik setup with a 2200 mah battery. This is not "5G" speeds, but it is quite good for mobile; and will make for an affordable consumer hotspot service.

Posted Image

If i can dig it up, ill post the fully maxed out 10MHz sector.

Holy Cow! Look at that ping time! I'm curious to know how performance stands at 3 miles from the site

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Holy Cow! Look at that ping time! I'm curious to know how performance stands at 3 miles from the site

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Josh, I'll have to hurry, and i don't think the antenna's are aligned for 3 mile use.  I can double check some docs but i'm pretty sure the overlap zone on the next site is just 1 1/2 miles south.  Either way I'll drive till I fall off the network, then I'll turn back. 

Also if i have time to make it I'll try to grab a pic of the crew we have out today for the 2nd site,  And here soon I'll be able to do more real life testing ( in & out of buildings )