Sad changes at work

rp3

At my company we could choose between Sprint/Verizon/AT&T.

I chose AT&T so I could use a Nexus or Google Play phone, my personal is of course Sprint for now.

But because Sprint integrates really well with Google Voice, I don't carry my Sprint phone much these days

Our company has about 5000 lines mostly on AT&T and Verizon, mostly iPhones.

Most of our locations are in rural areas with zero Sprint coverage and sometimes no cell coverage at all.

The work AT&T line costs the company $45 for 500 mins, unlimited night and weekends, unlimited SMS text, unlimited data.

There is an extra minute pool that is available for when you go over, not sure how that works. MMS are charged per message.

I got an automated text message this week telling me I went over 5GB and my speeds might be reduced, they weren't.

They also the same plan that includes Canada for $65.

It is a good plan.

• Like 1

As these large corporations jump to Verizon, expect their LTE speeds to drop even further. I now have several places where Sprint 3G is faster than Verizon LTE at peak times.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I now have several places where Sprint 3G is faster than Verizon LTE at peak times.

I have witnessed this too, many times this has happened since my company switched from Sprint to Verizon a couple months ago. 

The whole switch has been disaster for many reasons.  IT hates contacting Verizon.  They say Sprint was always helpful in trying to find a solution. 

• Like 5

My stepdad's company, which only has a few (maybe 5?) phones in this country, just switched from Sprint to Verizon... for a ridiculous reason.  The person in charge of the phones didn't have them on an unlimited data plan and they went one month.  She got pissed off, and switched them all to Verizon.  My guess is they pay FAR MORE with Verizon now than they did before, so it makes me chuckle.

• Like 1

So Im in Fresno for a weak. As I mentioned previously, my mom requires her phone for business - all day every day. She swtiched to Sprint 3 years ago, and it hadd been smooth sailing.

Until NV rolled into town a month ago and everything went to shit.

I told her to call for an Airave to at least get solid reception at home. Sprint denied her an Airave.

Today Ive walked by and heard at least four calls. Call after call its "Sorry the call dropped, Im on Sprint and service has been terrible"

I assume the person on the other end nods in agreement "ah yes, Sprint"

Great decision Sprint, by denying her an Airave, at least a dozen people a day get to experience a dropped call and be told not to use Sprint!

Incidentally, my one call today dropped. 

• Like 1

My calls have been dropping and all data connections time out in two locations in St Augustine after the NV upgrade. It turns out they were installed incorrectly. Fortunately, when I asked Sprint, they even completed my sentence and were aware of the issue. Perhaps they denied the airwave since they know it is temporary while someone fixes whatever went wrong with the install

• Like 1