S4GRU member Yahoo College Football Pick'em group

PythonFanPA

I'd congratulate lordsutch on being the only person who picked the Ole Miss upset of LSU, but he's a Hotty Toddy homer :P

And you'll note I didn't have very many points on that happening! But, Hotty Toddy nonetheless!

And just when I thought we finally got to the easier part of the schedule, Mizzou is now 7-0 and probably will be 10-0 when they hit Oxford in a month...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If Ole Miss can beat LSU I certainly think they're capable of beating Missouri.  I've not thought Florida as good as advertised all year, and I actually initially picked Missouri this week but had second thoughts and went back and changed it last minute last night with the same points spent on the pick both ways. >.<  I did however pick Missouri to beat Georgia last week successfully.  If Franklin hadn't have gone down last week I'd have stuck with them all the way this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh....score one major misclick for me when doing my picks, what I get for doing it in a rush.   For the record, there's no way in *hell* that even if I by some miraculous moment of stupidity decided to pick Massachusetts to upset Northern Illinois that I would have spent 23 confidence points in doing so.  doh.gif

• Like 1

Ugh....score one major misclick for me when doing my picks, what I get for doing it in a rush.   For the record, there's no way in *hell* that even if I by some miraculous moment of stupidity decided to pick Massachusetts to upset Northern Illinois that I would have spent 23 confidence points in doing so.  doh.gif

Lol, yeah I kinda figured that was a mistake that you picked UMass to win while also picking them to score the FEWEST points this week.  :lol:

The sad thing is, that's not the first time I've ever done that.  In this group it is I think but I've done it with my other normal yearly group with my Bama fan friends. I had an extremely busy week though and was pressed for time when I went through and did them this week. 

The sad thing is, that's not the first time I've ever done that. In this group it is I think but I've done it with my other normal yearly group with my Bama fan friends. I had an extremely busy week though and was pressed for time when I went through and did them this week.

Hey, keep misclicking! I need any advantage I can get! I've been struggling. :)

At least I'm dominating the two NFL pools I have.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just say....I hate Auburn even more than usual right now.  All games/teams have a little luck in the mix to some degree, but I swear, they're the most consistently luckiest SOB's in college football.

Lol! I had already chalked that game up as a loss when it was 4th & 18. The play was sorta reminiscent of the Hail Mary that AJ Green caught last Sunday. Anyway, that had to feel like a swift kick to gonads for the Georgia players & fan base. Unbelievable!!!

I'll be fair and say that, if the right camera angle had been available, I do think Murray's knee was down before the ball crossed the chalk plane on Georgia's last TD and it would have been overturned, but the TD standing isn't anywhere near in league of luck with what happened at the end.

As Howard Cosell would say in between his racist rants, "That's why they play the game!"

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up to anyone playing, there are a bunch of Friday games on the schedule beginning at noon Eastern. So the deadline if you want to get all your picks in is 11:55am. And this is the final week.

• Like 2

Can I just say....I hate Auburn even more than usual right now.  All games/teams have a little luck in the mix to some degree, but I swear, they're the most consistently luckiest SOB's in college football.

:o  And they do it yet again! For the life of me I can't understand why Saban tried a 57 yard FG with a freshman kicker. The chances of a block being returned for a TD or what happened, the kick coming up short and being returned were just too high. I'm not even a 'Bama fan and I was screaming, "What are you thinking, Nick?" at the TV when they were lining up for the kick. The only play there was to try the Hail Mary. Saban definitely didn't coach his best game today.

The Big Ten championship game now takes on added significance for Ohio State. 

• Like 2

:o  And they do it yet again! For the life of me I can't understand why Saban tried a 57 yard FG with a freshman kicker. The chances of a block being returned for a TD or what happened, the kick coming up short and being returned were just too high. I'm not even a 'Bama fan and I was screaming, "What are you thinking, Nick?" at the TV when they were lining up for the kick. The only play there was to try the Hail Mary. Saban definitely didn't coach his best game today.

The Big Ten championship game now takes on added significance for Ohio State. 

As much as I dislike Auburn, the outcome of that game had nothing to do with luck on their side this time.  However outmatched otherwise, they came to play whereas Alabama had way, way too many execution issues, for whatever reason.  And honestly, the long field goal try wasn't the play that bothered me at all even in hindsight.  What ground my gears so much is why they tried running Yeldon to the outside again on that 4th and very short play instead of just letting AJ take charge with the QB sneak. I was screaming at the tv for that before what ended up happening.

Yes, Alabama had a number of execution issues, but the coaching gaffes were just perplexing; and that includes the FG attempt which was just bad in foresight, hindsight and any other sight. Bama got stuffed on 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1 in that fourth quarter. Yes, you should be able to get a yard if you're indeed the best team in the nation, but why even try? They were already up 7. If Saban didn't have faith in Cade Foster at that point, why not bring in Adam Griffith at that point to try to hit a 30 yard FG and go up by two scores? Then on their next possession he sends Foster out there to try an even longer 44 yard FG which looked like he drove it low and was blocked. So yes, that comes down to execution. But, for Saban to trot a freshman out there basically cold to try to hit a 57 yard FG off a wide hash with a trip to the SEC championship game and likely the BCS championship game on the line is just unfathomable. That's a kick a number of NFL kickers would have trouble with. Sure, maybe it turns out like a made-for-tv movie and the kid comes in and bangs it through the uprights with yards to spare, but you've gotta play the percentages and the chances of something bad happening were far higher than him making that kick IMO.

• Like 1

...instead of just letting AJ take charge...

Yes, I do frequently take charge.

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

Jameis? What is Jameis? Jameis is a name? Is it?

;)

AJ

I was posting from my phone, and I was going to try to include a picture, but I couldn't get it resized.

I still can't believe Craig Bohl left for Wyoming. He probably could have gotten a better job if he had waited.

I still can't believe Craig Bohl left for Wyoming. He probably could have gotten a better job if he had waited.

Well, there are rumors that Wyoming wants to move to the Big 12 long term, but first they need a competitive team. Also, I think he likes the area/culture and thinks it's a good fit for him.