S4GRU member Yahoo College Football Pick'em group

PythonFanPA

For any member on the site who loves college football, and with the inspiration coming from lilg740's fantasy hockey thread, I've taken the liberty to create a pick'em group for anyone who wants to play. 

For the signup information, people who are basic S4GRU Sponsor level or higher, you may click here for details:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4507-s4gru-member-yahoo-college-football-pickem-group-signup-info/

If you are not yet a Sponsor, send me a private message through the site, and I'll be happy to send you the signup information that way.

I can't force everyone to do this, but I request that you please use your S4GRU member nickname when you sign up so everyone knows who everyone else is.

The parameters I've setup the group with are:

(a.) straight up picks
(b.) confidence points are used
(c.) Everyone's two worst weeks are thrown out in the total calcs
(d.) Both Yahoo game picks and AP 25 top are used each week

If anyone has any issues with these parameters, feel free to bring up your issues for debate amongst those who play in the thread here. We have a week until the season starts, so there's time to change if the majority rules differently.

As an added incentive to play for those who are either newer members or have contributed some but haven't made it to Premier status yet: Whoever wins, I will personally donate $50 to the site at the end of the year in the name of the winner. If Robert wins, well....I suppose he can buy an extra bucket of chicken if he wants. ;)

Sorry about that... I'll check it when I'm home after work. I personally don't care for the spread at all, but in terms of more strategy/complexity that's why we've always used confidence points instead of going purely on straight up wins/losses.

Also, the password isn't working for me even when I copy/paste it right into the field.

That is probably because Robert loves fried chicken does not mean he loves KFC.

AJ

• Like 1

Sorry about that... I'll check it when I'm home after work. I personally don't care for the spread at all, but in terms of more strategy/complexity that's why we've always used confidence points instead of going purely on straight up wins/losses.

As far as confidence points go, I end up just throwing the picks around and hoping for the best because I'm usually not confident at all.

That is probably because Robert loves fried chicken does not mean he loves KFC.

AJ

I'm more of a Popeyes fan, myself.

AJ, I tried using chicken instead of kfc initially, but unfortunately Yahoo didn't care to cater to passwords beyond a certain length.

I guess too long equals too much security.  Ha!

Speaking of security, should we move this thread behind the curtain of the sponsor section?  If not, then search engines will index this thread, including the group ID and password.

AJ

That's logical on the one hand, but would restrict non-sponsors from being able to participate. When I get home, I'll edit the post, create a secondary in the highest level sponsor forum with the login info, and direct non-sponsors to PM me for login details.

• Like 1

Up to 8 people so far, and just to toss it out there, the first game on the Week 1 slate starts at 7 EDT/6CDT/4PDT....I'd originally thought one of the games might be one of the Thursday night games, but the first game is a Friday night game. So still a little more than a week to go.

A little over 6 days to go folks.   To reiterate, aside from the fun of playing with fellow members here, for anyone who hasn't yet attained Sponsor or Premier membership status, you have double incentive to sign up and play should you win!

Me and my darling wife Christina (MommaCici) have joined.  We have our own NFL Fantasy Football League we do on Yahoo Sports, so it was easy to join this one too.

Robert

• Like 3

Me and my darling wife Christina (MommaCici) have joined.  We have our own NFL Fantasy Football League we do on Yahoo Sports, so it was easy to join this one too.

Robert

Awesome, glad to see you on board Robert! 

• Like 1

4 days and 4 hours left as of this posting for the Week 1 deadline.  We're up to 15 participants thus far including myself, but I know there's surely many more who love college football on this site given the overall membership size, and surely several who aren't yet Premier members as well who could potentially stand to benefit beyond bragging rights if they should win!

• Like 2